Make a donation

Author Topic: 10 speaker stereo?  (Read 22272 times)

Offline Greenman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 12
  • Life is not a straight line!
Re: 10 speaker stereo?
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2016, 04:21:02 pm »
i also have an mfd2 and the 10 speakers on an 07 gti and i think it sounds rubbish, as mentioned door cards rattle and not enouigh bass

Same here.  It goes bloody loud but if you want to hear the bass you can't turn it up much unless you take the bass off on the built in EQ as the speakers distort.

I'm investigating sub and amp as soon as i sort my tail happy issues.  Something nice and discreet through.
Steel Grey 2006 Mk5 GTI - R-TECH Stage 1 (268bhp/334ftlb) - BCS Cat Back - Pre-Cat Delete - Carbonio Panel Filter - Rev G DV - 18" BBS CH - Leather - RNS510 - Colour Coded Bumpers and Skirts - ED30 Front Splitter - Eibach Sportlines - Open Fog Grilles - Wind Deflectors.

Offline FJ1000

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 48
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,101205.0.html
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2016, 04:30:33 pm »

i also have an mfd2 and the 10 speakers on an 07 gti and i think it sounds rubbish, as mentioned door cards rattle and not enouigh bass

Same here.  It goes bloody loud but if you want to hear the bass you can't turn it up much unless you take the bass off on the built in EQ as the speakers distort.

I'm investigating sub and amp as soon as i sort my tail happy issues.  Something nice and discreet through.

Have a look at the JL XD range of amps, they're very small for their output, so plenty of scope to tuck them away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2007 Golf Gti DSG | Leather Wingbacks | Xenons | VWR Springs | Tinted Windows | 18" Audi Speedlines |

Offline Greenman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 12
  • Life is not a straight line!
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2016, 05:37:08 pm »

Have a look at the JL XD range of amps, they're very small for their output, so plenty of scope to tuck them away.

I've been looking at getting the JL 10" in a side enclosure and a 4 way JL Amp to run some decent components in the front and bridge the other 2 channels for the sub.

Will be more than enough for me that i think.

I've been told on here i can get some sort of aux box for the back of the RNS510 so that i can run the amp and not have to change HU's.  Do you have a standard head unit or aftermarket?

I don't want to run thr risk of putting an after market HU in as i have to park the car in some less affluent (rough...;) ) area's for work.

I'm putting money away now so i can get it all sorted before the summer...:)
Steel Grey 2006 Mk5 GTI - R-TECH Stage 1 (268bhp/334ftlb) - BCS Cat Back - Pre-Cat Delete - Carbonio Panel Filter - Rev G DV - 18" BBS CH - Leather - RNS510 - Colour Coded Bumpers and Skirts - ED30 Front Splitter - Eibach Sportlines - Open Fog Grilles - Wind Deflectors.

Offline driver rider

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2016, 07:24:41 pm »
I have 10 speaker set up I find it shocking I actually don't like music in my car and I enjoy my music.  I don't bother playing music unless I'm bored. I need to look into simple upgrading.
3 Door GTI Black, Cruise Control, DSG, Factory Tints, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Highline Display, Leather, Monza II's, MFSW, Parking Sensors, Puddle Lights,  Xenons,

To be fitted....Bluetooth,DVB-T, MDI, RNS510, Stage one (opinions much appreciated)

Offline loop

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 26
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2016, 10:11:12 pm »

I have 10 speaker set up I find it shocking I actually don't like music in my car and I enjoy my music.  I don't bother playing music unless I'm bored. I need to look into simple upgrading.
I agree, if you are used to good sound then the standard 10 speakers is pretty sh*te. Improved when I installed RNS 510 but still poor.

‘05 GT, Retrofits: RNS 510 DAB+, R32 Highline Cluster, R32 MFSW, Mk6 Reversing Camera, 7P6 Bluetooth, TPMS, Cruise Control, VW MDI, Chrome switches, Blaupunkt THA 475 amp.

Offline Shoduchi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2016, 12:43:48 pm »
I have 10 speakers and RNS-510 in both Golfs.

I prefer to have the RNS-510 coded thinking it has an active amp, so I chose the following:
Byte 01 Sound System Correction
01   Volkswagen Sound System

Byte 02 Speaker Channels
04   4 Speaker Channels (Front and Rear)

I find the sound more clear. I've also increased the higher frequencies in the EQ. Mind that I'm not after too loud sound as well, just to hear the radio, BT streaming and eventually MP3 from the SD card.

Offline An0NyMOUs

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 7
  • A Nuisance
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2016, 02:07:25 pm »
I have the 10 speaker setup, which came with an RCD-300. Since putting a pioneer head unit it I can't fault the sound quality, and I'm very picky about that!
2.0 FSI 4motion

Offline FJ1000

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 48
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,101205.0.html
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2016, 03:50:25 pm »

I've been looking at getting the JL 10" in a side enclosure and a 4 way JL Amp to run some decent components in the front and bridge the other 2 channels for the sub.

Will be more than enough for me that i think.

I've been told on here i can get some sort of aux box for the back of the RNS510 so that i can run the amp and not have to change HU's.  Do you have a standard head unit or aftermarket?

I don't want to run thr risk of putting an after market HU in as i have to park the car in some less affluent (rough...;) ) area's for work.

I'm putting money away now so i can get it all sorted before the summer...:)

Yep, perfectly possible to amp a standard HU, with good results.

On the Golf all I've done is swap out the standard nav for a pioneer SPH-DA120. Just that on its own gives much better sound. I may add an amp and sub in future.

On my RS4 I swapped the HU for a pioneer AVH-X8700BT, swapped front components for focals, disconnected the rears, JL 10" sub in a "kustom box" enclosure, dynamat in front doors, and a JL XD500 amp. It's 3 channels; 2x 75W RMS for components + 300W RMS for the sub. The amp is nice and small too, tucked away in the wheel well area, just required a small amount of foam to be cut.

http://www.jlaudio.co.uk/xd500-3v2-car-audio-xdv2-amplifiers-98603

It sounds a million times better than the OEM bose, which belongs in the bin. Still not as good as my Mk4 GTi which had a 12" JL W6 and genesis amps (amped the OEM fronts - they're actually pretty damn good.) I turfed out the spare wheel so I could make a box and bolt it in the wheel well to take the 12" sub. This was years ago when I was at uni and had time for this! The bass dropped looooow.  :happy2:

2007 Golf Gti DSG | Leather Wingbacks | Xenons | VWR Springs | Tinted Windows | 18" Audi Speedlines |