Make a donation

Author Topic: miltek resonated or non-resonated  (Read 2617 times)

Offline shamrock

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
miltek resonated or non-resonated
« on: August 01, 2010, 08:08:16 pm »
I am upgrading from APR stage II + to stage III.  Problem is that I have acquired everything but the exhaust system.  I've decided to go with miltek and don't know whether to go with the resonated or non-resonated setup.  The kid in me wants the non-resonated kit, but I am a daily driver and never go to the track.  There is no one in my area to whom I can listen to the differences of the the two systems.  First question is; will the car perform equally well in both setups? Second question is; how much louder is the non-resonated kit?  Will it put a hole in my head and draw unwanted attraction at lights.  With the setup I have now (downpipe only) the car is pretty loud but only at higher revs and the catback is stock.  All your feedback will be most welcome.  Thanks

Offline jmspear

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 11
Re: miltek resonated or non-resonated
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 08:41:29 pm »
Shamrock, I went resonated as I wanted it to sound stock and inside it does, has a harder edge when the windows down though ;-)

Offline shamrock

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 08:30:41 am »
There is no difference in performance though between the two setups?

Offline Gene Hunt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 61
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 08:51:20 am »
I've got the cat back non res on mine & glad i did.Sounds great & not like some chavy boy racer system. ''some say''  :grin: that the resonated system is not as loud as the factory orginal ?.
ED35. Standard factory condition.

Offline B3n

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 29
  • Boom!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 06:26:35 pm »
Non res FTW!!!

The resonated system will actually give you a quieter exhaust than stock. I have a non res on mine and i still find it to quiet :surprised:

My Flickr    Instagram: Chappers84

Offline Gene Hunt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 61
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2010, 06:31:31 pm »
Non res FTW!!!

The resonated system will actually give you a quieter exhaust than stock. I have a non res on mine and i still find it to quiet :surprised:
..........how long have you had it mate ?. I found mine got louder the more miles you put on it.  :happy2:  :driver:
ED35. Standard factory condition.

Offline shamrock

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 08:23:48 pm »
Quieter?   definately don't want it quieter. Will the quieter setup work with apr stage three?

Offline B3n

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 29
  • Boom!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2010, 09:30:56 am »
Non res FTW!!!

..........how long have you had it mate ?. I found mine got louder the more miles you put on it.  :happy2:  :driver:

Ive bought it off Stokeballoon second hand and ive done about 5k with it so it should be broken in by now :happy2: Im gonna get a new down pipe if that dont sort it out ill look into gettign either a Blueflame or APR

My Flickr    Instagram: Chappers84

Offline pat15312

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 10:25:34 am »
all remapping companies are different but i know for a fact that Revo remaps will reset your ecu flash counter.
this counter +1 everytime you change your ecu mapping. Revo maps when loaded always set this back to zero.
in my experience dealers don't check this however if they were to check the flash counter they could tell if the car had been remapped.
Audi S3 s-tronic (Week 46)
Phantom Black | Black styling pack | Titanium 18" alloys | LED headlights
Super sports seats | Bang & Olufsen | Advance key | Interior lighting pack
Technology pack | Audi Connect | Parking System Plus | Reverse Camera
AAC | Hold assist | Pre-sense | Headligh assist | Privacy glass | TPMS

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2010, 10:41:40 am »
all remapping companies are different but i know for a fact that Revo remaps will reset your ecu flash counter.
this counter +1 everytime you change your ecu mapping. Revo maps when loaded always set this back to zero.
in my experience dealers don't check this however if they were to check the flash counter they could tell if the car had been remapped.

Very informative pat. But what has this answer got to do with the thread.  :stupid: :laugh:

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Thank You
  • -Given: 88
  • -Receive: 95
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed!
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2010, 04:27:08 pm »

Very informative pat. But what has this answer got to do with the thread.  :stupid: :laugh:

:evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: If wit was sh!t, you'd be constipated, TC !!!!  :evilgrin:  :evilgrin:  :evilgrin:
Sean - Independant Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

~~ free official Golf V factory workshop manuals ~~

Offline pat15312

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2010, 12:13:40 pm »

i was actually reading through this thread again, read my own thread and was like "what is this guy on?!?"
...then i saw it was me...  :signLOL:

sorry about that, i must have been responding to another post by accident or something!?
Audi S3 s-tronic (Week 46)
Phantom Black | Black styling pack | Titanium 18" alloys | LED headlights
Super sports seats | Bang & Olufsen | Advance key | Interior lighting pack
Technology pack | Audi Connect | Parking System Plus | Reverse Camera
AAC | Hold assist | Pre-sense | Headligh assist | Privacy glass | TPMS

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2010, 12:39:36 pm »
Non res FTW!!!

Not a chance mate, sorry. I had a res system on mine last year and it was no way quieter than standard. It isn't a great deal louder when cruising etc, but under WOT it is fairly loud (especially if you are behind/outside the vehicle).. It does help if you have the DP on as well though..  :wink:
There is always the VWR/Milltek system like I have. Kind of a cross between Res and Non Res, with a shallow rear box on it (so it's not in sight when behind the vehicle). Oh and it is loud enough I can assure you, just not chavvy loud.  :happy2:
Gives you another option I suppose..  :wink:
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 12:41:20 pm by Sunglasses Ron »