Make a donation

Author Topic: unsucessfull re-map???  (Read 4418 times)

kierongti

unsucessfull re-map???
« on: August 03, 2010, 06:51:56 pm »
hi,
i took the car for a re-map today... i went for the tuning companies own re-map and for some reason the car wouldnt go above the standard bhp but would make an extra 30 torque. the boost wouldnt change from standard either???? we tried this about 3 time and had the same result. after this we then put the 'revo 5hour trial' on the car and had the same results?? by this time was understandably very dissapointed....from this we are assuming the fault is with the car and not the maps, however no light on dash as yet. we checked and adjusted the actuator also.
i have ordered a new dump valve from vw to see if the problem lies there. when the car was plugged in the lambda was showed as working as it should do along with the air flow meter.

has anybody heard of this before? the car is a dutch import so dont know if this has anything to do with it..

cheers kieron :sad1:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
Re: unsucessfull re-map???
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 07:01:04 pm »
did the tuner not look any further into this himself???

Saint Steve

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 07:21:07 pm »
Have you bought it 2nd hand, (The car) does it have a Dutch remap installed already?

Just a thought??

Any RR plots?

kierongti

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 07:26:57 pm »
i dont think it has a dutch re-map as it feels very standard tbh. its first owner was here in the uk. it made the standard power on the rollers today.

kierongti

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 07:35:32 pm »
we also just ran out of time. i got there for 9am and left at 5.30pm....could it be a mechanical fault or would the dash light come on? if the new dv doesnt help then I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO.........................

Offline john_o

• Thank You
  • -Given: 136
  • -Receive: 108
    • My Car Blog
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2010, 08:45:20 pm »
I think you need to pick another tuner! but I' ll continue  :signLOL:

Any competent mapper should be able to :

a) tell you if you already had a previous remap causing the problems. most wont even touch a car if it isnt the OEM map.
or
b) be able to log the car / read fault codes to determine whats up with it.
or
c) tell you if a dutch import is a special issue (which I dont think it is imho)

I suspect with yours its b) and you have an existing fault (be that PCV or DV or other)
Logging N75 duty cycle will quickly tell you this, but you should consider that it may be anything. (e.g fuel issue etc)
Given what youve said Id even be checking that a 'remap' was even being correctly applied.

Get it back to stock (or stock like mode) and find out whats wrong first before remapping.

How many miles on your car? any other parts replaced recently? DSG or Manual?

Red ED35 5dr DSG
DEFI boost guage / RTech Stg1 Engine/DSG / PPMk7 front brakes
BLOG | BUILD

kierongti

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2010, 10:09:55 pm »
the tuner is a reputable tuner thats been in the vw game for a long time so not sure what to say to that q really.... car has done 55k, had cam belt and service at 52k

Offline john_o

• Thank You
    • My Car Blog
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2010, 10:22:04 pm »
my apologies didnt mean to sound off with you  :happy2:
just think if they are a 'reputable tuner' then you should get better service than youve described so far.
good luck with getting it sorted  :happy2:
Red ED35 5dr DSG
BLOG | BUILD

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2010, 10:31:04 pm »
I would have thought it unusual to be adjusting the actuator at this stage.

There is a lot more that can be checked as John says, I think it'l be worth trying else where.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

kierongti

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2010, 10:51:07 pm »
no offence taken john o....just dont know where to go from here....have paid half the remap price (£200) as was there from 9-5.30...could have been a lot more if you add up the hours spent trying to get to the bottom of this. do i cut my losses and go elsewhere and possibly encounter the same problem? or stick with them and try to solve it. they have said if i go back again and they cant solve it then all i pay is for the new dv and 1 hour labour to fit....not forgetting the £200 previously paid. he said he would prob leave the map on the car which was making plus 30lbs torque.... :confused:

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2010, 10:53:49 pm »
You need to have some diagnostics done before you worry about another remap.

A local 'friend' or member with VCDS may be able to help with an initial look via an Auto Scan and some Data Logging.  Where are you based?
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

kierongti

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2010, 06:28:00 am »
i am based in aylesbury, buckinghamshire...thanks for any help..
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 09:44:23 am by kierongti »

kierongti

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2010, 06:32:54 am »
i think the tuner had vcds as i am pretty sure i saw him using it....i keep thinking boost leak somewhere, somehow or some random restrictor/limiter....he raised all the limiters when car was plugged in..aaaarrrrggggg!!!!

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2010, 07:25:36 am »
I wouldn't leave your number up here Kieron.

Have a look here for someone local - http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,120.0.html

You could also try going to REVO HQ in Daventry for the Map.
Stu...

Offline john_o

• Thank You
    • My Car Blog
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2010, 07:59:21 am »
he raised all the limiters when car was plugged in..aaaarrrrggggg!!!!

never heard of that !  must be for a 'custom map'

go with REVO imho, you pay more , but you get more  :happy2: , the map is flashed on , then adjusted with three settings BoostTimingFuel, which you can then buy a handset to adjust later on (in tandem with logging) if you wanted to.

good luck

Red ED35 5dr DSG
BLOG | BUILD