Make a donation

Author Topic: Idiots Guide to S3 Intercooler Install and Associated C0ck-ups  (Read 38170 times)

Offline MAT ED30

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
Re: Idiots Guide to S3 Intercooler Install and Associated C0ck-ups
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2009, 09:09:15 pm »
did you forget to put the little prongs on the bootom of the ic that join to the slam panel and hold it all in place  :embarrassed: oh well atleast you got it sorted and you have a good dealer there  :smiley:

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline illyun

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2009, 10:18:08 pm »
What prongs?  :ashamed: :embarrassed:

Offline Greeners

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2009, 11:32:16 pm »
Wolsey Ipswich... but I know them quite well and have a good relationship with them  :wink:

And so they should the amount you have probably spent with them over the years!  :wink:

Have A1 sorted your wheel mate?

Offline illyun

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2009, 10:59:17 am »
Wolsey Ipswich... but I know them quite well and have a good relationship with them  :wink:

And so they should the amount you have probably spent with them over the years!  :wink:

Have A1 sorted your wheel mate?

They are having a hard time matching the matt black colour, but they've been excellent so far.  I gave the wheels in about 5 weeks ago - same day that I went to pick up the intercooler from Luca in Manchester.  When I went to collect them the following weekend, I could tell that the black was a bit too dark but I wasn't too bothered as I now how hard it is to colour match.  They had done a superb job on repairing the damage to the wheel too.  :happy2:

But when I looked closely at one of the areas of the outer rim, I found a patch of gloss black instead of matt.  I spoke to Gavin and he offered to do it again or just hand me £20.  I took the £20 as I couldn't really come back from Ipswich, but when I got home I saw that the red stripe was more Tornado Red than the Mars Red that it should have been... also the wheel was quite different shade of black than the others.  I decided to go back and get it done again as Gavin had offered before and I told him that the main thing was the stripe - that they should be able to colour match it.  As far as the black is concerned, if they couldn't get it closer then I would have to get all the wheels done over there to ensure a colour match. 

They still have the wheel and are going to try some different shades this week.  :smiley:

Offline RENNTAG

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 23
  • Premium Performance Parts
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2013, 02:04:56 pm »
I did this on my car last night  :happy2:

Was pretty easy, did it in one evening, now got loads of boost  :happy2:

Re used the standard gti hoses too, just had to take the metal couplings off.

Offline billman

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2013, 02:08:31 pm »
Thanks for the guide. It helped me a lot. :congrats: