Make a donation

Author Topic: trafic/vivaro vans  (Read 1225 times)

Offline Tuffy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
trafic/vivaro vans
« on: August 07, 2010, 01:49:12 pm »
Hi all i'm on the look out for a trafic/vivaro van budget of only about 3k. Now, are any of you guys using one of these vans daily? and if so are they fairly reliable apart from the gearboxes? or would you go for a transit? Please share with me anything you know about them if you do.

Many thanks 

Offline mattyw

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 3
Re: trafic/vivaro vans
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 05:18:21 pm »
my mate is after a van and looked at these,but has been warned off them by a bloke we know who works on a lot of vans & 4x4's
he listed quite a lot of faults including headgaskets,water leaking into the injectors which seize into the head so then the heads scrap and the wiring behind the dash failing he did mention other things aswell but cant remember

he said your best going for a transit,there a lot cheaper on parts,but are prone to dual mass flywheels failing but you can buy a kit for £250 that converts back to a normal clutch & flywheel

hope thats some help

Offline Tuffy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 06:20:57 pm »
My head is telling me Transit but my heart Trafic/vivaro daft i know but just think they look a smarter van than the transit. Dont suppose i'd be thinking that when i'm broken down on the side of the road!

Offline mattyw

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 10:52:57 pm »
i agree with you mate the traffic/vivaro are a lot better looking van,i like the transporters but they fetch good money