Make a donation

Author Topic: newbie mk5 owner  (Read 1350 times)

Dan_B

newbie mk5 owner
« on: August 09, 2010, 09:03:57 pm »
hello all,

me and my wife have just bought a 2005 mk5 gti, its manual, black, with beige leather and 18" monzas. its more her car than mine and she had to sell her beloved clio 172 cup to get it. we were sad to see the clio go because it was quite a machine but i am pretty impressed with the golf so far! its a bit slower but its far more refined and grown up, which is a good and bad thing.lol

we dont plan on doing too much to it but want some darker mats because the beige is a nighmare, especially as my wife goes horse riding three times a week. and probably a revo remap when funds allow.

i have a question about the revo (i should probably post this in another section shouldnt i?) does it make the turbo spool up a bit higher up the rev range, the thing we like about the golf is that the power delivery starts so early as we are used to the n/a 16v engine on the clio.

i have a highly tuned 106 gti which doesnt come on cam until well over 4000rpm, it is extremely quick but you have to rev the life out of it which i love but its not what we want fromn the golf so i'm a bit anxious about chipping the golf.

my mother in law has a 2005 golf tdi which my father in law has had revo'd and my wife thinks there is a bit of turbo lag?

you opinions are appreciated.

Offline stealthwolf

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
Re: newbie mk5 owner
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 09:05:25 pm »
Hi and welcome.

Pics of the car are welcome.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Dan_B

Re: newbie mk5 owner
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 09:20:23 pm »
old car

new car