Make a donation

Author Topic: Dodo Juice SOFT & HARD WAX which one for a grey mettalic?  (Read 6667 times)

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 14
Dodo Juice SOFT & HARD WAX which one for a grey mettalic?
« on: August 06, 2010, 10:50:22 pm »
 :smiley:

As above title, I've been been using megs wax for a while but fancy a change,which wax to use the soft or the hard and whats the diference between the two?

Cheers in advance.
Golf V 5DR DSG GT Sport,,Xenons,Full leather,18'Charlestons,Lux pack,storage pack,folding mirrors,front armrest, retrofited--mk5 gti  grilles,fog lamps grilles,GTi rear bumper,coloured coded sideskirts, VIM RNS-510 C,MK6 MFSW with paddles,GTi DSG gear lever,Cruise control,Highline.Rain sensor with window auto closure,TPMS.7P6 Bluetooth.

Mods to come: RVC, and.................

Offline Greeners

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
Re: Dodo Juice SOFT & HARD WAX which one for a grey mettalic?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 11:04:34 pm »
Ok can't resist................   :evilgrin:

One is hard and one is soft!  :signLOL: :signLOL:

Which waxes in particular are you thinking of out of the range?

PS, if you can stretch to it Supernatural is the one I'd recommend as I know it gives great results on Metallic Grey!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 11:06:09 pm by Greeners »

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 09:28:56 am »
I knew that was coming so how, :signLOL: :signLOL:

From Dodo's website they reccomend Blue velvet  for Grey mettalic which is a hard wax.The question is the hard waxes more durable than the soft wax and less easier to apply.

lee :stupid: :stupid:
Golf V 5DR DSG GT Sport,,Xenons,Full leather,18'Charlestons,Lux pack,storage pack,folding mirrors,front armrest, retrofited--mk5 gti  grilles,fog lamps grilles,GTi rear bumper,coloured coded sideskirts, VIM RNS-510 C,MK6 MFSW with paddles,GTi DSG gear lever,Cruise control,Highline.Rain sensor with window auto closure,TPMS.7P6 Bluetooth.

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 09:30:01 am »
Honestly not hugely impressed by SN. Will give it another bash this weekend if the weather holds up.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2010, 10:10:48 am »
Greeners,

You have any pics of Supernatural polished car for me admire?  :happy2:

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2010, 10:55:36 am »
Have a look in his build thread. I think it's the only wax he's ever used!

Offline autoperfection.com

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 28
  • autoperfection.com
    • autoperfection shop
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2010, 12:45:38 pm »
Hi GTLee,

Basically the difference between a soft and hard wax is this...

A soft wax is slightly easier to apply and remove and will achieve a glossier finish, but will be less durable.  A hard wax will be slightly harder to apply and remove and will be longer lasting than a soft wax, but won't be quite as glossy.

However, having said that, with the Dodo waxes there really isn't much between them, as both the soft and hard waxes are easy to use, achieve great results and last for up to around three months if prep work is done correctly before the wax is applied.  It's only really when you're looking at some of the top end waxes that cost mega-money that you can really notice a big difference between the soft and hard waxes.

For grey, we would recommend either of the dark colour charged waxes (Purple Haze or Blue Velvet), although, we've used Orange Crush on metallic grey a couple of times now and we've found that it does add a bit of warmth to the paint.

Hope this helps

Taryn and Jim  :smiley:

Offline keith

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2010, 01:13:17 pm »
I have a Steel Grey Golf or as its called now United Grey, and have used DJ Rainforrest Rub, Purple Haze & Blue Velvet Pro with good effect the PH is on the car at the moment pic below

Prev R/F Rub

Another good wax for darker paints and metalics is Chemical Guys Petes 53.

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2010, 01:15:20 pm »
Hi GTLee,

Basically the difference between a soft and hard wax is this...

A soft wax is slightly easier to apply and remove and will achieve a glossier finish, but will be less durable.  A hard wax will be slightly harder to apply and remove and will be longer lasting than a soft wax, but won't be quite as glossy.

However, having said that, with the Dodo waxes there really isn't much between them, as both the soft and hard waxes are easy to use, achieve great results and last for up to around three months if prep work is done correctly before the wax is applied.  It's only really when you're looking at some of the top end waxes that cost mega-money that you can really notice a big difference between the soft and hard waxes.

For grey, we would recommend either of the dark colour charged waxes (Purple Haze or Blue Velvet), although, we've used Orange Crush on metallic grey a couple of times now and we've found that it does add a bit of warmth to the paint.

Hope this helps

Taryn and Jim  :smiley:

Thanks for a informative answer to my post,I've been using Megs 16 for a while now so a change is needed.
If the soft wax gives the extra glossy  results  and being easier to use I'm decided then,I quite enjoy a good clean every few months.

Lee.

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2010, 01:16:32 pm »
I have a Steel Grey Golf or as its called now United Grey, and have used DJ Rainforrest Rub, Purple Haze & Blue Velvet Pro with good effect the PH is on the car at the moment pic below

Prev R/F Rub

Another good wax for darker paints and metalics is Chemical Guys Petes 53.

Cheers Keith,

Very nice shine there! :happy2: :drinking:
I like the 1st pic with the dark wheels better.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 01:20:34 pm by gtlee »

Offline B3n

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 29
  • Boom!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2010, 07:13:44 pm »
My 2p

The best wax I used on my Steel Grey Golf was Dodo Hard Candy much deeper than both Purple Haze and Supernatural

My Flickr    Instagram: Chappers84

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2010, 10:49:45 pm »
Same wheels as mine B3n nice choice ( I would say that heh), great reflection there!! :congrats:

Offline CAPTAIN BRITAIN

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 12
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2010, 01:04:30 pm »
Really nice finish there, I might try dodo juice when my tub of Autoglym HD runs out.

Offline B3n

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 29
  • Boom!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2010, 02:52:55 pm »
Guys 99% of the finish is all in the prep work not the wax.

You can have the most expensive bestest wax in the universe and it wouldnt make a difference on a badly prepped surface.
Take your time Claying, polishing and cleansing before you apply the wax for the best results :happy2:

My Flickr    Instagram: Chappers84

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2010, 03:10:59 pm »
^^^completely agree with B3n. No point applying an expensive wax on a poorly-prepped surface - you're just wasting money and product.