Make a donation

Author Topic: My .:R32 fly in this Gti ointment  (Read 48694 times)

Offline Moschops

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 118
  • -Receive: 23
  • Edition 30 No 2275
Re: My .:R32 fly in this Gti ointment
« Reply #90 on: March 05, 2009, 11:25:02 pm »
Cool, good news. 

How long before the other bit touches down? :driver:
Cheers,

Wayne

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: March 06, 2009, 10:13:02 am »
Ooooohhhh I love those side skirts! It is going to look quality when it is all done  :rolleye:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #92 on: March 06, 2009, 10:16:58 am »
i want those skirts!!!! WHY DIDNT I GET THEM!! <a href="http://www.mysmiley.net/free-angel-smileys.php" title="angel smileys">angel smileys" border="0[/url]

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: March 06, 2009, 10:41:16 am »
^^ Because you are a bell end?? ^^  :grin: :grin:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
« Reply #94 on: March 06, 2009, 10:43:08 am »
who me? <a href="http://www.e-cigarettestar.co.uk/" title="e cigarette">e cigarette" border="0[/url]

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #95 on: March 06, 2009, 10:49:23 am »
^^ Because you are a bell end?? ^^  :grin: :grin:

Harsh but true.  :grin:  :innocent:  :wink:

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: March 06, 2009, 10:52:12 am »
Yeah you! Haha!  :grin: :grin:

:happy2: :happy2:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
« Reply #97 on: March 06, 2009, 10:57:18 am »
 :P :P :P :P

Offline VC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
« Reply #98 on: March 11, 2009, 09:27:03 am »
well, the skirts have now been modified and are at the bodyshop ready for their paint along with my interior trim strips  :party:

fought the urge to remove 90% of my interior for colour coding.

other news, after customs crucified me, the splitter is here!!!!!  :jumpmove:

.....but

it will never see the car  :sad:

the splitter has no core, which i knew...however i wasn't aware - that although pretty, it's actually a cheap piece of sh1t. it's so thin it's almost a joke, like an eggshell. just holding the thing makes splintering noises.

there's no way this would survive on the car, being honest i dont think it would even survive the fitting! so i've spent a small fortune on a badly produced, poorly fitting and cheaply made eggshell. and being really honest it's not that good

all is not lost though. i've been in talks recently with a local marine glasser about making reality some ideas i have, which i will then sell if i get a good response. so i took the splitter to him, and after he laughed for a while, then smirked a bit more we talked about me coming up with my own. it's much bigger than the other things i have planned, but nothing ventured etc... (i had front vented grills custom made for my mk4 r32 a year or so ago and went on to sell nearly 100 sets to other owners so been here before)

i will state at this point the current splitter is NOT being copied before anyone shakes the moral stick at me...if you saw the one i bought you would realise why i wouldn't anyway

so, the last couple of days have been spent discussing designs, shapes and flows, build techniques, fitting methods, thickness and inner coring. hopefully should see the first unit within a week or so for further fitting and developement and then the 1st production piece to go on my car a week or so after that!  :party:

if it turns out ok and if any of you GTI boys like the look of it then i can alter it to fit your cars as long as i can get my mits on a donor car for a few days, same with most of the things i've got plans

i would post a picture but i fear the camera flash would shatter it  :confused:

so, skint, fingers burnt, but interesting horizons  :smiley:
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 09:29:01 am by Very Cherry »

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #99 on: March 11, 2009, 09:39:08 am »
^^^^
Good for you, VC !! Think Positive and turn a disaster into an advantage - Hats off to you, mate!

People moan and bitch about the cost of OSIR carbon candy but at least it's all very well made and strong.

:happy2: 8) :happy2:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
« Reply #100 on: March 11, 2009, 09:43:48 am »
gutted for you mate, so how much did it cost in all for the splitter? you going to get your money back?

your plans sound very interesting, il be keeping my eye in here  :happy2:

Offline VC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
« Reply #101 on: March 11, 2009, 09:54:03 am »
cheers RR  :happy2:

the mrs is being legendary too, most women would have destroyed the testicular area with a spade at the money wasted

i've got the OSIR rear peice, but although over £300 and well made it's not solid CF as they suggest, merely a layer of it CF over glass. not complaining, very happy with it but the price still doesn't reflect it's quality - should be cheaper, but the weave is outstanding so you can see the time and effort which does make it worth the money. The OSIR front splitter is just too small and subtle for the amount it costs for me

Joe, dare i say it...but just under £1000.00 to my door was the price i paid for that little experience  :ashamed:

i should have just developed my own from the outset i reckon, would have been cheaper! so a bit deflated with it all, feeling poor, but if i can make a good looking splitter and sell a few then hopefully i can claw some of the damage back + the developement cost of the new one. just got to hope i don't run out of funds before it's complete!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #102 on: March 11, 2009, 10:09:00 am »

i've got the OSIR rear peice, but although over £300 and well made it's not solid CF as they suggest, merely a layer of it CF over glass. not complaining, very happy with it but the price still doesn't reflect it's quality - should be cheaper, but the weave is outstanding so you can see the time and effort which does make it worth the money.

....Laying down a good weave and all the finishing is where the big costs are in CF production.

I think my rear OSIR zorst trim is all CF - I'll check it out tomorrow when she's up in the air again.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #103 on: March 11, 2009, 10:26:19 am »
Unlucky VC  :sad: But looking forward to seeing the finished article  :happy2:

Plenty of pics please  :wink:

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
« Reply #104 on: March 11, 2009, 10:46:18 am »
so what are you going to do with the splitter you had sent over?! I cant believe they can sell such a piece of sh!t for so much!!! how can they get away with it!!  :angry015: