Make a donation

Author Topic: My .:R32 fly in this Gti ointment  (Read 48681 times)

Offline VC

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
Re: My .:R32 fly in this Gti ointment
« Reply #135 on: March 20, 2009, 03:26:01 pm »
ta  :innocent:

if you saw it close up though you'd laugh, i don't think i will be taking up vinyl wrapping cars anytime soon  :ashamed:

the wax splatted, and it was like wet soap to pick up so fell onto its other side...cue swearing, wax ruined. i tried to just scoop out the innards but made a hash of it so ended up wrecking it all

Offline NEWEY

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 9
    • Flickr
    • Email
« Reply #136 on: March 20, 2009, 03:31:35 pm »
unlucky about the wax :( but on the plus side the car looks great. the wheels are really growing on me too

TSR powered 1.9 16v mk2 Golf GTI
TSR big turbo mk5 golf gti

Offline VC

• Thank You
« Reply #137 on: March 20, 2009, 03:33:47 pm »
i still pine after AMG rims but tbh these finichi's are so easy to clean, black rims FTW. they should suit the car more when the skirts go on

Offline NEWEY

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 9
    • Flickr
    • Email
« Reply #138 on: March 20, 2009, 03:39:33 pm »
i still pine after AMG rims but tbh these finichi's are so easy to clean, black rims FTW. they should suit the car more when the skirts go on

easy to clean wheels are the best. i dread cleaning the mk2 wheels :( when are you hoping for your other bits to be put on?

TSR powered 1.9 16v mk2 Golf GTI
TSR big turbo mk5 golf gti

Offline VC

• Thank You
« Reply #139 on: March 20, 2009, 04:05:55 pm »
the skirts are sat at the paint booth prepped and ready, they could be on by now but i'm waiting for my splitter to be finished so they all go to paint at the same time.

spoke to the glasser yesterday and he hasn't even started it yet, maybe tuesday he reckons  :confused: he's supposed to be the best in the area but this time scale sucks, i might just buy the mould off him if when he gets the first one complete and give it to somewhere that can make them faster, cant sell them if he's going to take weeks of chasing for each unit

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #140 on: March 20, 2009, 04:23:11 pm »
^^^^^ I'm looking forward to seeing the result of these latest modifications!!!!
2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline Moschops

• Thank You
  • -Given: 118
  • -Receive: 23
  • Edition 30 No 2275
« Reply #141 on: March 20, 2009, 05:16:29 pm »
^^^^^ I'm looking forward to seeing the result of these latest modifications!!!!

Me too....bad luck on the dodo supernatural, I've only got a little pot and mine "jumped" out last weekend when I did the wifes Polo, but luckily it was still hard so did'nt loose it all... :smiley:
Cheers,

Wayne

Offline VC

• Thank You
« Reply #142 on: March 20, 2009, 07:45:02 pm »
Right, i'm going to remove the link to TMT in my build thread.

my LED rear lights which i ordered over 4 weeks ago have still not arrived. they are in france, i see no issue with postage, but after waiting in all week....AGAIN..... i've recieved this email:

Hello,

I would like to inform you that the estimated arrival date for your order will be later than originally estimated.We are very sorry about this inconvenience and want to thank you in advance for your understanding.

You can expect to receive your package apprx. end of the coming week. Thank you again for your patience and understanding. KatjaTM Tuning

i mean seriously............WTF! how vague is that!  :chicken:

now i'm a very chilled person, and patient but had to reply with this:

katja

this is a bit unfair, i cant wait in forever for these, i think i have been very patient

why am i waiting another week! and even then its approx.

i want a delivery date, i cant organise my life waiting for a parcel that may or may not come next week. you cant seriously expect me to be happy with an answer that vague? at least tell me why please

thankYOU for being so understanding, dont assume i will be for much longer

i await your reply asap

thankyou

...not heard back  :fighting:

1 month and counting to get a box from france to cornwall  :chicken:

Offline Moschops

• Thank You
  • -Given: 118
  • -Receive: 23
  • Edition 30 No 2275
« Reply #143 on: March 20, 2009, 09:36:11 pm »
Right, i'm going to remove the link to TMT in my build thread.

my LED rear lights which i ordered over 4 weeks ago have still not arrived. they are in france, i see no issue with postage, but after waiting in all week....AGAIN..... i've recieved this email:

Hello,

I would like to inform you that the estimated arrival date for your order will be later than originally estimated.We are very sorry about this inconvenience and want to thank you in advance for your understanding.

You can expect to receive your package apprx. end of the coming week. Thank you again for your patience and understanding. KatjaTM Tuning

i mean seriously............WTF! how vague is that!  :chicken:

now i'm a very chilled person, and patient but had to reply with this:

katja

this is a bit unfair, i cant wait in forever for these, i think i have been very patient

why am i waiting another week! and even then its approx.

i want a delivery date, i cant organise my life waiting for a parcel that may or may not come next week. you cant seriously expect me to be happy with an answer that vague? at least tell me why please

thankYOU for being so understanding, dont assume i will be for much longer

i await your reply asap

thankyou

...not heard back  :fighting:

1 month and counting to get a box from france to cornwall  :chicken:

That's more piss poor service you've encountered, fancy starting a Courier company... :happy2:  It took Amazon 3 attempts to send me a DVD boxed set without it being trashed in the post...I even mailed them about it too...useless twonks!!! :evilgrin:
Cheers,

Wayne

Offline Manu_R32

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #144 on: March 21, 2009, 02:01:57 am »
VC, your "vinyl wrap" looks good! I did the same to my car before i decided to paint it. Just used black electric tape (not sure what its called) and stuck it onto the grill bars. If you decide to paint, you could paint the surrounding, the .:R32 badge and the VW badge. Iv seen some pictures of CW .:R32's like this and i think it looks good! Its also the route i took for my car!

An excuse to post a pic but really need to get some better pics of the car with the new grill!

OSIR Front and Rear Diffuser - JL Audio 400/4 Amplifier - JL Audio ZR650 - Recaro Bucket Seats - JL Audio Stealthbox - JL Audio 500/1 Amplifier - Kenwood DNX 7200 - OZ Ultraleggeras!

Offline nick-barnes07

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #145 on: March 22, 2009, 10:40:37 am »
looks good mate, some nice tasteful mods you hae done

Offline VC

• Thank You
« Reply #146 on: March 23, 2009, 01:14:46 am »
VC, your "vinyl wrap" looks good! I did the same to my car before i decided to paint it. Just used black electric tape (not sure what its called) and stuck it onto the grill bars. If you decide to paint, you could paint the surrounding, the .:R32 badge and the VW badge. Iv seen some pictures of CW .:R32's like this and i think it looks good! Its also the route i took for my car!

An excuse to post a pic but really need to get some better pics of the car with the new grill!

i'm still so undecided what to do with the front tbh, yours looks good, but yours is red and mine's white and the 'goatie' just doesn't seem right in black

Offline VC

• Thank You
UPDATE on TMT
« Reply #147 on: March 23, 2009, 02:49:28 pm »
Recieved this:

your email was received on Friday afternoon, we are closed on the weekend and your email would be answered today.
I am sorry that you find this inacceptable.

Considering that you find an answer within less than 24 hours (business days) "disgraceful" I have arranged for an immediate stop of your shipment and I will issue a full refund to your account immediately.

We are very sorry to have disappointed you this much, we can only hope that you accept our apology. Unexpected delays unfortunately do occur from time to time, and we make it a priority to keep our customers informed about such delays (as you know we also informed you at time of order that the package will take apprx. 1 week to be ready to ship). So please know that we did not intend to upset you by informing you that your package will arrive with a slight delay.

Thank you in advance for your understanding and all the best.

Katja Riley

:confused:

my reply:

Katja

If you actually read my previous mail you will see that my concern was with the lack of information not communication

and at what point did i ask you to terminate the order!?

i stated (for my own protection) that i would have to cancel if these lights dont show and you make no contact.

you made contact, thankyou, but you've also stopped the order?

why would you do that without my instruction?

so i am no longer getting these then?

to clarify, i am not upset, merely trying to stay in the loop with whats happening as the cost of these warrants it, which as a consumer i have every right to do.

to terminate the order DOES upset me as i've been waiting over a month for you to now tell me i'm not getting them anyway? brilliant customer relations.

please rectify this, internet companies rely on their reputations as i'm sure you're more than aware. and these emails are currently being published from both sides, unedited, on various forums that are watching the build up of my car - just so you know

please let me know where i stand, and what you plan to do

thankyou

i await your reply

:confused:

Feel free to comment.........

Offline illyun

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #148 on: March 23, 2009, 03:22:22 pm »
Disgraceful... obviously a bunch of cowboys with no principles... you complained and so they cancelled your order.  :fighting:  I was thinking of getting these and was following the thread with interest.  I wouldn't touch that mail order company now unless they get their act together and sort your lights asap.   :happy2:

Offline VC

• Thank You
« Reply #149 on: March 23, 2009, 03:46:38 pm »
Disgraceful... obviously a bunch of cowboys with no principles... you complained and so they cancelled your order.  :fighting:  I was thinking of getting these and was following the thread with interest.  I wouldn't touch that mail order company now unless they get their act together and sort your lights asap.   :happy2:

it's for this reason i decided to publish the emails, not to slander (as you'll notice i praise more than i make any negatives) but to assist people in making an informed decision on using a company or not

all i wanted was information  :chicken: i think i have been prety patient. still waiting a reply, i hope it's a positive one i genuinely do. not just so my lights make an appearance but also to restore my faith in them as theres more products they do that i had planned on ordering which would have earnt them more. this is not something i have said to them as i don't want to appear to just be wangling some sort of discount out of them. all i want is sensible, reliable, decent customer service

that's not too much to ask i dont think?