Make a donation

Author Topic: Why is the Forum so Slow  (Read 5772 times)

Offline stealthwolf

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
Re: Why is the Forum so Slow
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2010, 10:58:59 pm »
Nil so far.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2010, 11:19:05 pm »
Sometimes when browsing on my ipad or iphone is realllllly slow. it doesnt happen with other forums though. I thought it might be the iphone/ipad for a min but nope.

What happens is, you'll press on a new thread, the blue bar behind the text on the address bar (in safari) will get to about 10% and just hang. I then have to stop it loading, then press refresh.

Another thing that is happening recently too is PM's not working too great.

Ill receive a PM, type a reply, press send and ill get the hanging on the address bar again. To the point where safari times out. Then i go back to the Inbox, thinking, ill try again, but the Pm has actually sent.

I found out this was a problem a few weeks back when I sent Luke @ Plush a PM of the same message about 3 times! haha!

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2010, 12:23:13 am »
Sometimes when browsing on my ipad or iphone is realllllly slow. it doesnt happen with other forums though. I thought it might be the iphone/ipad for a min but nope.

What happens is, you'll press on a new thread, the blue bar behind the text on the address bar (in safari) will get to about 10% and just hang. I then have to stop it loading, then press refresh.
I have that issue on the 3GS. Not noticed it today but doesn't always happen.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 63
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2010, 07:46:02 am »
I've had no slowdown at all, on pc or iphone, since Steve's update :happy2:
Black 2008 5 door GTI. Leather, DSG, ipod prep, 18" Monzas. Retrofitted: Cruise, PDC, RNS510, 729 Skoda Bluetooth (thanks SteveP), MFSW buttons (thanks MortyGTTDi), Armrest & vents, covered cupholder, Highline (thanks Kalu), Polar FIS+ (thanks Richn), Reversing camera (thanks MortyGTTDi)

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2010, 07:54:07 am »

Another thing that is happening recently too is PM's not working too great.

Ill receive a PM, type a reply, press send and ill get the hanging on the address bar again. To the point where safari times out. Then i go back to the Inbox, thinking, ill try again, but the Pm has actually sent.

I found out this was a problem a few weeks back when I sent Luke @ Plush a PM of the same message about 3 times! haha!

That's not something I have seen safari on IOS devices yet myself Jay.

I use Atomic browser on my iPad to do 99% of stuff on the site and have no problems.

I will do some checks on Safari to see want I can find  :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2010, 01:19:37 pm »
None of the earlier sloooow problems so far. :happy2:

Running Firefox on a G4 iMac with OS 10.4.11.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!