Make a donation

Author Topic: Parking away from entrance of supermarket to avoid DENTS!!!!!  (Read 8175 times)

Offline Mandy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 95
  • -Receive: 94
  • Drink Russian, Wear Italian, Drive German :)
Re: Parking away from entrance of supermarket to avoid DENTS!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2010, 09:09:16 am »
Whenever I have to park my car in a car park eg supermarket, I always try to park in an end space, this sort of 'halves' the risk of doors being dented as there can only be one car parked next to you (if that makes sense).

Driving: Tornado Red MK7 GTD, BMW 330e
Drove: Rising Blue Golf 6R, Reflex Silver Edition30 No.1684, Tornado Red Mk5 Golf GTI

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 14
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2010, 09:10:11 am »

Thats just typical of people nowadays no care in the world for other people and property!
I know its only a car but its the principle that hurts more.

Its still more money that you've got spend on other peoples' inconsiderate behavior. :indifferent:

....I don't know how old you are but as I'm 63yo I find it refereshing that younger people haven't lost such a sense of values.. I was beginning to wonder if it was a generation thing but really it's simply a basic that parents should pass on to their children: Simple consideration for other people. It actually has great rewards! :happy2:
I'm 43 Redrobin,and I totally agree with what you're saying its the parents duty to teach their children manners and respect!!
Golf V 5DR DSG GT Sport,,Xenons,Full leather,18'Charlestons,Lux pack,storage pack,folding mirrors,front armrest, retrofited--mk5 gti  grilles,fog lamps grilles,GTi rear bumper,coloured coded sideskirts, VIM RNS-510 C,MK6 MFSW with paddles,GTi DSG gear lever,Cruise control,Highline.Rain sensor with window auto closure,TPMS.7P6 Bluetooth.

Mods to come: RVC, and.................

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2010, 09:13:28 am »
I take up 2 park slots... i park my car bang in the middle of the line...  :wink:   :signLOL:

I'm very tempted to do that but somehow it makes me guilty and also the problem arises that some brat is going to scratch your car for parking like that.

can't win  :stupid:
Golf V 5DR DSG GT Sport,,Xenons,Full leather,18'Charlestons,Lux pack,storage pack,folding mirrors,front armrest, retrofited--mk5 gti  grilles,fog lamps grilles,GTi rear bumper,coloured coded sideskirts, VIM RNS-510 C,MK6 MFSW with paddles,GTi DSG gear lever,Cruise control,Highline.Rain sensor with window auto closure,TPMS.7P6 Bluetooth.

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2010, 10:49:08 am »
I think this probably says more about modern society than anything else.

Complete lack of respect for people and property and if you do or say something about it then there must be something wrong with you.  :fighting:

I caught a woman resting her car door against the car I was driving so I stood there waiting and after a minute or so finally said something. She looked at me is if she had trodden in something apologised, climbed into her people carrier and chavved off.

Fortunately the car was a loaner but the principle still counted.

Offline Tara

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
  • If it doesnt break...your not going hard enough!
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2010, 11:06:39 am »
I| avoid taking my car to any "busy" car parks, a few weeks ago i went to the cinema and it was packed and couldnt find a space i liked so i left and drove back  :signLOL: my passenger wasnt 2 impressed!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2010, 11:13:37 am »
^^^^
I'm afraid that if I'm directly confronted with such behaviour it can bring out the very worst in me - I feel a controlled (just about!) anger and my words are cutting and very poisonous.

As a friend once said who witnessed me in such a moment: "Crikey, Robin! You didn't just cut them with an axe, you chopped them into small pieces and buried them as well!"

Fortunately I don't suffer from road rage.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2010, 11:15:45 am »

I| avoid taking my car to any "busy" car parks, a few weeks ago i went to the cinema and it was packed and couldnt find a space i liked so i left and drove back  :signLOL: my passenger wasnt 2 impressed!

That's very funny! I can imagine the look on your passenger's face.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2010, 11:39:23 am »
 :congrats: :congrats:

Saint Steve

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2010, 03:43:24 pm »

A hot date he wont forget in a hurry  :signLOL:

Offline Jules86

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 46
    • Forumwars
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2010, 04:45:11 pm »
Wouldnt park over 2 spaces. They will give tickets out for it.

I always see people hit other cars, no damage but still. Old people are the worst, if they reverse they cant turn round as there neck is stiff i guess so just go backwards and hope  :confused:

I park next to colleagues. If you go to the same supermarket learn what cars are always there, usually in a corner, and park there as it will most likely be staff

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2010, 04:51:28 pm »
Wouldnt park over 2 spaces. They will give tickets out for it.

I always see people hit other cars, no damage but still. Old people are the worst, if they reverse they cant turn round as there neck is stiff i guess so just go backwards and hope  :confused:

I park next to colleagues. If you go to the same supermarket learn what cars are always there, usually in a corner, and park there as it will most likely be staff
nice tip mate

Offline alex_chung

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2010, 08:55:58 pm »
As much as I hate it I started parking over two spaces but only during quiet times. Usually its an end space that is at the furthest point to the entrance.
Always find another car parked next to me though!!  :fighting:
Alex

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2010, 09:56:16 am »
I'm very tempted to do that but somehow it makes me guilty and also the problem arises that some brat is going to scratch your car for parking like that.
+1. I remember reading about one guy getting ticketed and another getting his car keyed. Both had parked in the same way.

Whenever I have to park my car in a car park eg supermarket, I always try to park in an end space, this sort of 'halves' the risk of doors being dented as there can only be one car parked next to you (if that makes sense).
I do the same when parking at work. When it's an indoor carpark, I park next to a pillar, as close as I dare. When in an open carpark, next to a kerb, so instead of parking in the middle of my parking space, it's all the way to one side. Leaves a mahoosive gap and means even if some arse in a 4-door saloon parks next to me in the centre of their bay, there's still enough room for them to get out without their door touching my car.

I also tend to go supermarket shopping at night time or very late evening, when there's hardly any cars parked.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline bodger00

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 20
  • A wish called Zonda
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2010, 09:57:29 am »
I saw a Porsche do this the other day in a shopping car park. Shortly after I heard some scroat say he was going to scratch it for doing so. IMO parking over two spaces just makes the car more apparent that you want to avoid a dent and therefore the jealous scroats out there love this  :fighting:

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 63
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2010, 01:54:04 pm »
I take up 2 park slots... i park my car bang in the middle of the line...  :wink:   :signLOL:
If I have to use a non parent & child space, I always 'accidentally' take up two spaces  :evilgrin:
Black 2008 5 door GTI. Leather, DSG, ipod prep, 18" Monzas. Retrofitted: Cruise, PDC, RNS510, 729 Skoda Bluetooth (thanks SteveP), MFSW buttons (thanks MortyGTTDi), Armrest & vents, covered cupholder, Highline (thanks Kalu), Polar FIS+ (thanks Richn), Reversing camera (thanks MortyGTTDi)