Make a donation

Author Topic: Parking away from entrance of supermarket to avoid DENTS!!!!!  (Read 8182 times)

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 14
Parking away from entrance of supermarket to avoid DENTS!!!!!
« on: August 09, 2010, 07:55:50 pm »
I know I know we ALL do it trying to prevent some INCONSIDERATE people denting OUR pride and joy..our lovingly cared for motors.

Well this afternoon Mrs Lee wanted to pop into Sainsburys to get some milk and like I do always I park miles away from the entrance from the store thinking NO ONE WILL park there..........Wrong,coming back to the car and seeing a peice of cr*p park not near  but right next to my car hardly any room for Mrs Lee to get in.
Straight away I looked at the passenger door for dents but could not see any..........phew I thought,away we went back home and as I always do I have a last look at the car before I enter the house (SAD I know)............Sh*t a dent is visible just,why didn't I see it at the supermarket otherwise I would of waited "it" to come out so I can have a word!

Sorry had to have rant and being myself a fussy git same with my cars am a little peeved as I tried my best to avoid carpark dents.

:booty: :booty: :booty:
Golf V 5DR DSG GT Sport,,Xenons,Full leather,18'Charlestons,Lux pack,storage pack,folding mirrors,front armrest, retrofited--mk5 gti  grilles,fog lamps grilles,GTi rear bumper,coloured coded sideskirts, VIM RNS-510 C,MK6 MFSW with paddles,GTi DSG gear lever,Cruise control,Highline.Rain sensor with window auto closure,TPMS.7P6 Bluetooth.

Mods to come: RVC, and.................

Offline CAPTAIN BRITAIN

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 12
    • Email
Re: Parking away from entrance of supermarket to avoid DENTS!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 08:04:43 pm »
When you park far from the entrance in a nice quiet spot with no other vehicles around, you car suddenly becomes magnetic, so when you get back your pride & joy is surrounded by cars that should have been scrapped a decade ago.
It's one of the unexplained mysteries of supermarket car parks  :wink:

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 08:07:58 pm »
I've always parked miles away to the frustration of my missus (don't know why I'm the one pushing or carry the shopping!) and really hate it when some clown parks right or left of me.
Golf V 5DR DSG GT Sport,,Xenons,Full leather,18'Charlestons,Lux pack,storage pack,folding mirrors,front armrest, retrofited--mk5 gti  grilles,fog lamps grilles,GTi rear bumper,coloured coded sideskirts, VIM RNS-510 C,MK6 MFSW with paddles,GTi DSG gear lever,Cruise control,Highline.Rain sensor with window auto closure,TPMS.7P6 Bluetooth.

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 08:12:04 pm »
^^^^
Many of us here know the feeling! Sorry to hear about it when you took so much care.

A guy I know who repairs windscreens has a pitch in the local Morrisons supermarket car park and he tells me I simply wouldn't believe what he sees going on regarding 'parking'. Some so called 'drivers' think it's perfectly acceptable to continue parking until their car actually has physical contact with another car.

Did anyone see that TV advert where a guy parks in the empty far corner of a supermarket carpark.. Walks away smiling and being obviously pleased that his car is well out of harm's way and.. Huge bang and crash.. An engine falls out of the sky off a plane.. Crushes his whole car!

It's very funny, but not.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 08:29:17 pm »
I rember that advert well funny at the time but sometimes I wished it fell on the people who annoying park next to you!!! :fighting: :fighting:

Saint Steve

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 08:34:44 pm »
One thing i always take with me now to a supermarket, is one of my kids, a childseat, and head for a Mother/baby carparking slot.

Makes me laugh, you park well away from all in sundry, and you return to find an old banger parked right up next to your car :fighting:

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2010, 08:35:51 pm »
Sorry to herer this mate, you could always try parking between the nicest cars you can see and hope the drivers respect there own cars enough to not damage them while opening the door on yours :happy2:

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2010, 08:46:24 pm »
Sorry to herer this mate, you could always try parking between the nicest cars you can see and hope the drivers respect there own cars enough to not damage them while opening the door on yours :happy2:
I normall do that but on this instance the carpark was full of CR*P, thought I made a good decision......WRONG.

BTW the dent is only visible if you look at an angle ( I know that seems a bit OTT to be a ball ache but thats how I feel right now). :signLOL:

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2010, 08:58:35 pm »
Is there any paintwork damage? If not, may be able to get paintless dent removal using a portable dent removal company eg dent devils.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Saint Steve

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2010, 09:03:17 pm »
If its only visable from an angle, chances are Dent master will easily remove it  :happy2:

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2010, 09:32:08 pm »
Theres no paint damage as such but I was having a rant and its the extra £'s  just 'cos someone who care no sh*t about other peoples property.

Offline Rich

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 8
  • Buy Land, They Don't Make It Anymore
    • Carpet Underlay
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2010, 10:36:12 pm »
I take up 2 park slots... i park my car bang in the middle of the line...  :wink:   :signLOL:
~ Golf MK5 Pirelli ~ 36k Miles and continuing!

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2010, 12:08:07 am »
Well I have been parking a sales car up at the local shops last week with a For Sale sign in the window to see if it would drum up a bit of business.

Picked the car up Saturday night after a lovely curry to find not one of the doors badly dented but two!!  :fighting: :fighting:

The dent on the drivers door is HUGE and whoever inflicted it must of known what they did!!  :angry015: :angry015:

Does make my pi$$ boil that people can be so inconsiderate with other peoples property!! Even my 5 year old knows to be careful and often waits for me to get out and open the door for her if the space is a bit tight!

I suppose the only good thing is that it wasnt my car that got damaged!! (still gonna cost me to get repaired though!)  :fighting2:

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2010, 08:41:51 am »
Thats just typical of people nowadays no care in the world for other people and property!
I know its only a car but its the principle that hurts more.

Its still more money that you've got spend on other peoples' inconsiderate behavior. :indifferent:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2010, 09:01:27 am »

Thats just typical of people nowadays no care in the world for other people and property!
I know its only a car but its the principle that hurts more.

Its still more money that you've got spend on other peoples' inconsiderate behavior. :indifferent:

....I don't know how old you are but as I'm 63yo I find it refereshing that younger people haven't lost such a sense of values.. I was beginning to wonder if it was a generation thing but really it's simply a basic that parents should pass on to their children: Simple consideration for other people. It actually has great rewards! :happy2:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!