Make a donation

Author Topic: i've just seen these shysters advertised on TV ....  (Read 4007 times)

Offline vRStu

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
i've just seen these shysters advertised on TV ....
« on: August 12, 2010, 07:39:57 am »
These are some serious rates!!!

Rate
Tier   Loan Amount   Finance Charge   Due Next Pay Date   Due Following Pay Date   Total Amount Paid to QuickQuid     APR

Excellent   £50.00   £10.00   £10.00   £60.00   £70.00                                                                                     819.12%
Good     £50.00   £12.50   £12.50   £62.50   £75.00                                                                                     1410.33%
Average   £50.00   £14.75   £14.75   £64.75   £79.50                                                                                     2222.46%

http://www.quickquid.co.uk/fee-schedule.html

Their maximum loan is £1500, I'd hate to imagine what that would cost!!

Terms and Conditions apply. Finance charge will be between £10 and £14.75 per £50 borrowed. Typical 2278% APR. †Loan amounts are based on consumer's credit history and ability to repay loan. Not everyone may qualify for £1500 ‡QuickQuid performs traditional credit checks, while still accepting those with less-than-perfect credit. QuickQuid verifies applicant information via various national databases. §Funds will be deposited the same working day, if approved by 14:30. ¶Approval may take up to 30 minutes in most cases. Payday advances should be used for short-term financial needs only, not as a long-term financial solution. Customers with credit difficulties should seek credit counselling.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
Re: i've just seen these shysters advertised on TV ....
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 07:43:34 am »
I saw one of those recently and there APR rate was 2360%  :surprised: :surprised: :surprised:

Daylight bloody robbery if you ask me.

Offline S2 Ant

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 10:28:51 am »
Yeh i've recently been amazed that these things are allowed - talk about cashing in on people. the rates are outrageous, this kind of thing shouldnt be allowed, no matter how clear the costs are made!
Ant

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 10:50:08 am »
a £1500 loan over a year at that apr would mean paying back (approx!) £18,000  :stupid:

If something happened and you couldn't pay anything back on £1500 for a year you would accrue £33,330 in interest

Now basically that is legalised robbery.

I know they say it isn't a long term solution, but you'd have to be SERIOUSLY desperate to even consider any of those payment plans :surprised:

Bare in mind that these are targeting the poorest people who cannot get money from elsewhere and it is totally outrageous. :fighting:
Golf R gone.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 10:54:43 am »
They're very upfront about the rates, the problem is that they're praying on people who are not intelligent enough to understand the implications of such an astronomical rate.

It's very similar to companies like Brighthouse, they'll give you a 50" Plasma screen for every room in your house, and you don't even need to prove you earn any money, or own your own house. Of course it is going to appeal to a certain kind of person!

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 12:23:24 pm »
I see it as a very short term loan, 1-2 days max. A bit like borrowing £50 off a mate until you get paid/cash transferred etc. if you're desperate enough to need this, you're already in financial trouble and going down this route will not help out.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

cameluk

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2010, 01:10:27 pm »
Weren't these type of loans banned in the US, so all the companies moved over here  :fighting:

Offline Gene Hunt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 61
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2010, 01:43:17 pm »
Shocking & they go on about loan sharks,these boys are just the legal version of it. Very sad but desperate people will take any branch when there sinking fast. :sad1:
ED35. Standard factory condition.

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2010, 01:52:13 pm »
The only reason these people are around and can afford to advertise on the TV is there are enough stupid folk about to actually buy into there daylight robbery!!  :fighting:

The Jeremy Kyle brigade who's fat asses rarely move from the sofa!!  :laugh:

Offline DaveB@Vagbremtechnic

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 130
    • Vagbremtechnic.com
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2010, 03:56:49 pm »
They're all funded by venture capital companies, in fairness to the finance company (used to run one) the only way to make money in that game is to build a "book" and through a process called securitisation sell it on to investors and others and chrage a fee for collecting the outstanding cash.

The problem with those types of loans is that nobody will touch these books with a Barge Pole, internally they'll be expecting to get only half the money back due to the scrotes they will be lending to, the good customers will in effect not only pay the bad ones interest but also the cost of pursueing them though the courts and the time and staff to do so.

So they only make money of the rate which whilst albeit high isn'y for long or for much comparitively.

If they lent somebody a penny at 2000%APR then they still only make £20 off you PER YEAR - Its a very difficult troublesome way to become rich and make a profit.

personally I just hope that life never deals me the cards that would mean I'd be considering it as an option - there but for the grace of god.

APR is also a crap way to examine costs of lending, theres all sorts of hidden costs that lenders can spank you and get away with it

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2010, 04:00:04 pm »
From loan shark to Pilot!

Now thats a career change!  :grin:
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 04:17:59 pm by joesgti »

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline Edition30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 8
  • No man was ever wise by chance.
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2010, 04:17:33 pm »
Usual hear about people on benefits that dont care about paying it back taking loans out with them as they cant get them from anywhere else.
Afghanistan Trust - Yorkshire 3 peaks challenge.

www.justgiving.com/ptemartinbell

MyProtein - MP119633

Offline cmdrfire

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 14
    • Commander Fire - my blog
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2010, 02:22:06 pm »
Cripes. I've gotten better deals from the Mafia...