Make a donation

Author Topic: Revo Map for K03 car with K04 turbo only?  (Read 1788 times)

Offline S2 Ant

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 21
Revo Map for K03 car with K04 turbo only?
« on: October 06, 2010, 10:33:40 am »
Just wondering if anyone knows if there is a map available that would enable me to run a K04 turbo on my car without changing all the other K03 gubbins just yet?
I'm currently running Stage 2 Revo but my K03 turbo is using a little oil which seems to be more of a nuisance than a problem (for now), but i now have a K04 turbo and was wondering if i can get it swapped over to resolve the oil issue and then look to upgrade properly in the new year sometime.

I suspect the response will be that it'll need a custom map to keep things in check - im not after power gains at this stage, just a resolution to it drinking a bit more than normal oil as the stuff isnt cheap

Thanks
Ant

Offline edd666999

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
Re: Revo Map for K03 car with K04 turbo only?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 10:49:24 am »
i looked into this, i think you need all the injectors/pipework/ dv relocation gubbin's, not too sure about the map tho

Offline S2 Ant

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 21
Re: Revo Map for K03 car with K04 turbo only?
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 11:11:43 am »
I know to run to its potential or how VW made it from the factory it needs that stuff, however as the map controls whats going on i suspect you can do just the turbo - i guess really what i need to know is the only option a custom map and if so, what kind of money are these as its probably not worth doing if thats the case as custom maps are usually pricey.

I'm only after putting it on to sort things out as they are, so same or less power isnt an issue in the short term until i get the rest of the bits as im likely looking at another £1k in parts to do the job fully.

Otherwise the turbo will just sit in my garage until i do have the other bits and pieces ready
Ant