Make a donation

Author Topic: s3 front wheel bearing part number  (Read 1531 times)

Offline GTI-MATT

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • GTI-MATT
    • Email
s3 front wheel bearing part number
« on: March 20, 2016, 07:26:33 pm »
Hi i have s3 alloy front hubs fitted to my car and i have a wheel bearing starting to make a noise. Anybody know what the part number is? Also are they the same as a gti? Cheers

Offline GTI-MATT

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • GTI-MATT
    • Email
Re: s3 front wheel bearing part number
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2016, 08:13:21 pm »
Take it i will need the quattro one because all s3's are quattro's arent they?

Offline OEM+ DUB

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2016, 09:57:51 pm »
I'm just building up this conversion for myself and have fitted brand new standard GTI bearings.  Straight fit into the hubs and a direct like for like replacement with the old ones I removed.

Hope this helps.
OEM+ 2005 GTI DSG (high factory standard spec and upgraded with S3 alloy hubs, S3 alloy wishbones, Bilstein B8s and VWR springs by my own hands) owned since 2008 and still loving it!

Offline sub39h

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2016, 09:58:44 pm »
... all s3's are quattro's arent they?

yes
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline GTI-MATT

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • GTI-MATT
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2016, 07:41:24 pm »
I'm just building up this conversion for myself and have fitted brand new standard GTI bearings.  Straight fit into the hubs and a direct like for like replacement with the old ones I removed.

Hope this helps.
Thats great just easier to order parts off my original reg than going by part numbers cheers mate

Offline OEM+ DUB

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2016, 12:43:37 pm »
No problem!  Can't wait to get mine on to compliment the S3 wishbones I've fitted previously - the weight reduction (unsprung) of the wishbones really helped the ride quality of my DSG GTI so I'm hoping for a further improvement with the hubs.

Will also be fitting VWR springs and Bilstein B8s at the same time as part of a refresh of my 80k original suspension.
OEM+ 2005 GTI DSG (high factory standard spec and upgraded with S3 alloy hubs, S3 alloy wishbones, Bilstein B8s and VWR springs by my own hands) owned since 2008 and still loving it!

Offline GTI-MATT

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • GTI-MATT
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2016, 08:21:55 pm »
No problem!  Can't wait to get mine on to compliment the S3 wishbones I've fitted previously - the weight reduction (unsprung) of the wishbones really helped the ride quality of my DSG GTI so I'm hoping for a further improvement with the hubs.

Will also be fitting VWR springs and Bilstein B8s at the same time as part of a refresh of my 80k original suspension.
Sounds good to me mate ive got the wishbones and the hubs also got s3 brakes aswel so that adds the weight back on lol some lighter wheels helps aswel ive got pro race 1.2s i noticed a big difference with them :happy2: