Make a donation

Author Topic: Mechatronics unit ed30  (Read 4345 times)

Offline blackburn

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Mechatronics unit ed30
« on: August 13, 2010, 02:40:58 pm »
Had this replaced last year now 9 months later they say its gone again :surprised:.  when done last year was told it was an upgraded part. VW are saying same again i am not sure its that, the car seemed to develop a misfire when sat at lights and under load at lights it seemed to miss a beat and when i had my foot  down it seemed to lose all power at 5k revs then just  go again. So vw  have replaced fule pressure switch then coil packs then fule pump  tried saying its the fule so put a treatment in the tank still there so now a new Mechatronics is on order. ant body els had same issues? will i get a year warrenty on the new unit when they put it in? driving me nuts this.

Offline Hurdy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
Re: Mechatronics unit ed30
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 02:57:08 pm »
All parts (apart from consumables) are covered by a 1 year warranty when fitted by VW.

I had a mechatronics unit replaced when I had the A3, but that was for the "kangaroo" effect and stalling!
Golf R gone.

Offline vRSAlex

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 253
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19941.0.html
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 03:08:16 pm »
Not seen a mechatronics unit cause a missfire before.  Does the car show any fault codes?
www.akstuning.co.uk - info@akstuning.com - 01234 822324
Follow AKS tuning on Facebook

Offline blackburn

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 04:14:42 pm »
no faults had the kangaroo last time. well it feels like a misfire will let them keep replacing parts till they put a ne motor in it ha. it is weird been i 6 times now :scared:  starting to piss me off a bit tho. When it dose it the engine light flashes then flashes for 30 sec or so but dont log a fault spoke to ausome they said valuve spring told vw but they wont listen. just have to let them get on wi it

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 10:45:50 pm »
The dealers have some sort of test, that they can do to tell if the mecha unit is faulty, without it showing any symptoms.  :happy2:

Also SteveP has had 2 fail on him.  :sad1:

Offline blackburn

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 11:09:43 pm »
oh no they let the lass on the service desk take it home when the put the fule treatment in to see if it worked and she said she thought it was the box so they changing that.

like i said when giving it some it was stuttering   so will have to just go with them as its under warrenty.

Offline Moschops

• Thank You
  • -Given: 118
  • -Receive: 23
  • Edition 30 No 2275
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2010, 11:51:05 am »
Yup I had mine replaced last year and now the new one has started to play up, doing the off we go in reverse bit ie no waiting for you top put your foot but sets off straight away and clunky change down.

VW tell me there's nothing wrong with it, have had it reset and updated all to no avail.  :chicken:
Cheers,

Wayne

Offline blackburn

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 09:26:00 pm »
Well i am at my wits end now they replaced mech unit today and still the same :sad1: So thats a new mech unit ,new fule pump 2 coil packs and a fule pressure sensor and still doing it.  Any body here any ideas seen some were it could have week valve springs? its been 5 times now  please help as vw cant seem to find the problem

Offline QD MBE

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 102
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2010, 06:34:40 am »
At the moment there seems to be a lot of DSG problems, mainly Mechatronics units.  If you could devise a comprehensive test, and set up a repair loop, you would make a mint.  VW seem to repair by replcement, which is an uneconomical practice when out of warranty.

In the future a out of warranty bill in excess of £2k on a an ageing car may be a little hard to swallow.  I think a independent from VW repair loop will be set up but it won't be cheap.

The problem is probably a 20p part that is failing, but stripping the Mechatronics unit down and finding it, replacing it and testing is the challenge that transmission engineers have.

There is a 10 year warranty on DSG boxes in the US i believe. 

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Thank You
  • -Given: 88
  • -Receive: 95
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed!
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2010, 07:21:29 pm »
All parts (apart from consumables) are covered by a 1 year warranty when fitted by VW.
VW labour is warrantied for 1 year, all parts are warranted for 2 years.
Sean - Independant Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

~~ free official Golf V factory workshop manuals ~~

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2010, 10:54:25 pm »
Hmm, that isn't what I was told when the mechatronics unit went in my Audi. Then again it wouldn't really have mattered as it was only 3 months old at the time :laugh:
Golf R gone.

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Thank You
  • -Given: 88
  • -Receive: 95
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed!
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2010, 11:05:40 pm »
Hmm, that isn't what I was told when the mechatronics unit went in my Audi. Then again it wouldn't really have mattered as it was only 3 months old at the time :laugh:
Seriously, all genuine VW parts, even when fitted by independents, or even a private motorist, is still defo warrantied for 2 years.
Sean - Independant Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

~~ free official Golf V factory workshop manuals ~~