Make a donation

Author Topic: Cruise Control  (Read 7424 times)

Offline bodger00

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 20
  • A wish called Zonda
Re: Cruise Control
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2010, 12:29:52 pm »
Well I was going to be getting mine done at Awesome for £145 but if there is a group buy going on let me know. I would want the OEM version and stalk no aftermarket junk though.......

Subscribed :happy2:

Offline Gene Hunt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 61
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2010, 12:37:54 pm »
Fancy this for mine.Anyone in North Yorks ?.

I`m up the road from you Gene and I fancy having this done too . . group buy ?
..........could do mate i'm in Harrogate.  :happy2:
ED35. Standard factory condition.

Neil

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2010, 04:28:14 pm »
Darren is your man mate over yorkshire way! ;)

As I`m reasonably new here can someone please point me in Darrens direction, ta  :smiley:

Offline markc

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2010, 04:41:00 pm »
'Try'..... and pm mortygttdi
Had: Edition 30, 3 Door Manual, Pearl Black, Cruise Control, IPod Prep, Arm Rest, Auto Lights and Wipers

Neil

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2010, 04:58:33 pm »
'Try'..... and pm mortygttdi

I had a feeling it was one and the same, thanks  :happy2:

Offline bodger00

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 20
  • A wish called Zonda
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2010, 07:53:05 pm »
Isn't Sarah from Awesome on here? Awesome any chance of a group buy discount.

If so I am willing to organise.

:happy2:

Edit - Found her sent a PM
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 07:55:12 pm by bodger00 »

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2010, 07:58:38 pm »
I wasnt bothered about speccing Cruise as i knew how easy aftermarket was then i found 2010 + cars cant be upgraded at the moment  :ashamed:

Offline markc

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2010, 08:26:04 pm »
Isn't Sarah from Awesome on here? Awesome any chance of a group buy discount.

If so I am willing to organise.

:happy2:

Edit - Found her sent a PM

I doubt she will be able to help you mate, she left Awesome last month as far as I know.  Try mike@awesome-gti.co.uk  :wink:, dont bother pm'ing him on here, he 'cant read pm's yet'
Had: Edition 30, 3 Door Manual, Pearl Black, Cruise Control, IPod Prep, Arm Rest, Auto Lights and Wipers

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2010, 05:56:35 am »
I wasnt bothered about speccing Cruise as i knew how easy aftermarket was then i found 2010 + cars cant be upgraded at the moment  :ashamed:

Shaun I was all set to fit cruise to DaveB's Roc but once I had taken it all apart I was gobsmacked that VW had changed it totally??? The slip ring now contains all the steering wheel controller :confused: and the stalks are all one item.

There is no retro kit at the moment BUT I would say has you have DSG you may be lucky and have the right controller and all you will need is the right set of stalks,  If you have VCDS and can get the steering controller part number for me I can get you the right stalk part number...

Cheers

Darren :happy2:

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2010, 08:14:29 am »
Ok when I get chance I will get the number  :happy2:

Shaun I was all set to fit cruise to DaveB's Roc but once I had taken it all apart I was gobsmacked that VW had changed it totally??? The slip ring now contains all the steering wheel controller :confused: and the stalks are all one item.

There is no retro kit at the moment BUT I would say has you have DSG you may be lucky and have the right controller and all you will need is the right set of stalks,  If you have VCDS and can get the steering controller part number for me I can get you the right stalk part number...

Cheers

Darren :happy2:

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2010, 09:16:13 am »
I'm fairly confident I could do a 2010 > CC but I'd need to have a car to practice on  :evilgrin:
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline prepree

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2010, 02:46:11 pm »
Guys ive been reading through a few threads on CC and got myself confused, iv found a few CC stalks on ebay and PH at circa £30 which isnt bad and my local stealers will fit and code for me but before i buy the stalk i want to be sure im getting the right part, i have a 55 plate DSG. Will this mean i need a specific stalk with the "wire"?

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2010, 02:48:58 pm »
For your car most of the stalks are the same, all bar the logo on the end changing.  Be wary of eBay etc as there is a batch of stalks which were faulty.  They were fitted mainly to new cars a while ago but they do surface as they are changed in dealerships under warranty and then 'moved' on.

I'd pay the extra and get one from a dealer which will be a warranted part, especially if you are paying someone to install it.

As for the wire, you probably wouldn't know until it comes to fitting so best to try and get one to have handy.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline prepree

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2010, 02:59:51 pm »
^^^Wicked thanks mate, im waiting for VW to quote me know for the fitting and coding so il ask at the same time for them to do the whole package!

Thanks again  :happy2:

Offline TonyZed

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2010, 03:46:26 pm »
I've got a CC stalk from a 2005 DSG for sale if you are interested. I took it from my car (well, Ben from Shark did!)so I know it works. I am putting it in the "For Sale " section and on ebay tonight together with a MFD2 satnav and my old steering wheel.
PM me for more info.

TonyZ