Make a donation

Author Topic: Super-excited!  (Read 2235 times)

DelB

Super-excited!
« on: August 20, 2010, 12:21:09 pm »
Well, after having had to cancel my last appointment with Star Performance due to work being too busy, I've got the car booked in next Tuesday (24th) for new belts and water pump (£299 inc vat!!), a GIAC Stage 1 remap, new OEM DV and fitment of a Forge short-shifter kit.

Cannae wait to drive the car back from Kirkcaldy to Edinburgh on Tuesday afternoon.  :driver: :pomppomp:

Offline AlanD

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
Re: Super-excited!
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 01:45:18 pm »
Blimey, its going to feel like a brand new car. I bet you cant wait  :happy2:

Offline Scotsman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 05:47:50 pm »
Just had a quote from Jim as well and I'm going to have them do my cambelt/waterpump (£299) - plus a 4 wheel alignment for £60 (inc VAT). Might also get the old DV changed as well to the OEM version D one.  Great prices and whilst I've not used them before they have a great reputation around the Subaru forums.

DelB

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 05:55:14 pm »
Hi Richard.
Have used them on a few occasions before when I had my Mk4 GTI and they are really good guys. Sounds like a good idea to get your DV done, as it'll probably feel like a new car all over again!

Offline Scotsman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 06:00:56 pm »
Yep, that and the Bluefin - happy chappie :)

DelB

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 06:08:00 pm »
Yep, that and the Bluefin - happy chappie :)

But for how long.................................. :wink:

Offline kbish73

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 07:01:00 pm »
i,ve used jim at star a few times and the service is first class got a giac stage 1 remap and miltek cat back  fitted to my mk5 gti well happy with both and the pricing! youll love the remap makes a huge diffrence!! enjoy :happy2: :happy2:
3dr 2006 gti steel grey 18" monzas sunroof cruise control parking sensors,giac stage1,miltek cat back,Pannel filter,tarrox discs .....

DelB

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 07:15:21 pm »
.... youll love the remap makes a huge diffrence!! enjoy :happy2: :happy2:

I had also intended to fit a performance downpipe and high flow cat, but needed the funds to get the belts and water pump done, also keeping some back for new tyres soon too. Will I still notice a big difference from the remap and new DV alone?

Offline kbish73

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 07:18:32 pm »
yep mines only cat back with remap and gained about 45bhp instant diffrence!!! smilled all the way home :smiley:
3dr 2006 gti steel grey 18" monzas sunroof cruise control parking sensors,giac stage1,miltek cat back,Pannel filter,tarrox discs .....

DelB

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2010, 07:22:43 pm »
yep mines only cat back with remap and gained about 45bhp instant diffrence!!! smilled all the way home :smiley:

Great stuff. Thanks mate.

I've asked him to put it on the rolling road, so that I can get a graph and see what difference the remap has made over stock.

Only four more sleeps!!  :jumpmove:

Offline Scotsman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2010, 07:29:18 pm »
It really is amazing the difference 40odd bhp makes - I wasn't expecting it to fly as much as it does.

DelB

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2010, 07:32:51 pm »
Jim reckons I'll gain between 60 and 70 lbs/ft of extra torque too, so that will make a huge difference!

Offline Scotsman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2010, 07:40:26 pm »
It will really fly then as I think with the Bluefin I only get an extra 40 lbs/ft and difference is excellent.

DelB

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2010, 07:47:38 pm »
Will be interested to see what figures it makes on the rollers, but am aware that there are a lot of variables to take into account. As long as it feels more responsive to drive, I'll be more than happy with that.