Make a donation

Author Topic: ED30 wheel colour  (Read 1111 times)

Offline scooba

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
ED30 wheel colour
« on: August 21, 2010, 06:09:23 pm »
Today i picked up a pair of spare oem ed30 pescaras , one is scratched quite bad the other is very very fine and almost perfect .

I put a set of BMW rims into Wheel Works in Crawley this morning and was talking to one of the directors ,I explained that as far as we know they the pescaras cant be colour matched to BBS OEM FINISH,he had a good laugh and said ok ,He said our paints come from the german supplier who happens to supply BBS and the biggest problem is asking the guys to identify the correct colour to a BBS PRODUCT ,but from his memory it some shade of titanium .

I have looked round there several times and used them more than a few times with total satisfaction,I took a mate who has been powder coating for 30 years and he was impressed with there set up .he does wheel rims but said from today he will just take them to wwc and add his cost to the order as £50 per wheel is just so cheap it isnt worth him bothering as they are hassel .

The long shot is now i have two spare pescaras i am happy to put one in for them to have a go at colour matching .I intend dropping it in on Monday and collecting it on Sat 28th ,I will post pics ,if we are happy its ok I am getting the other 5 done in early Sept.

I will keep everyone posted ,for the record they do 50 wheels a day 6 days a week ,while i was there two wheel guys arrived and collected and dropped wheels off .It seams they take them from customers and bring them in and then collect them and fit them back on the cars ,customers assume these guys do all the work them selfes .I asked why he said we dont want them setting up them selfes and if we do enough we can keep the price good ,the quality right ,they are happy and so are we ,we dont have to collect or return them etc etc.

Anyway I will keep you posted with pics to follow.

Has anyone had any painted to a factory spec and been happy with the quality etc etc