Make a donation

Author Topic: Decided to sell  (Read 20895 times)

Offline Poverty

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
Re: Decided to sell
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2010, 01:15:42 pm »
e55 is a good shout, as quick as the ed30

Offline dajonic

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2010, 01:22:49 pm »
I'd be particularly pissed off if an ed30 was as quick as an E55 unless it was the ed 30 which is being currently sold. However if you wanted to do some work on the big Merc take a look at Vath for Mercedes tuning...VATH :drool: :drool: :drool: And if you need that little bit of alrounderness take the estate version. I've been looking at E55's recently but struggling to justify  a seriously large petrol bill for 20k plus annual mileage on the commute. BUt hey you only live once :laugh:

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2010, 11:02:23 pm »
I'd be particularly pissed off if an ed30 was as quick as an E55 unless it was the ed 30 which is being currently sold. However if you wanted to do some work on the big Merc take a look at Vath for Mercedes tuning...VATH :drool: :drool: :drool: And if you need that little bit of alrounderness take the estate version. I've been looking at E55's recently but struggling to justify  a seriously large petrol bill for 20k plus annual mileage on the commute. BUt hey you only live once :laugh:

made a thread about this situation a few weeks back. cls 55 amg was only a teen weeny bit quicker than my k1 and I reckon hurdys ed30 would have beat it. Exhaust system wasnt stock either

Offline dajonic

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2010, 10:16:23 am »

made a thread about this situation a few weeks back. cls 55 amg was only a teen weeny bit quicker than my k1 and I reckon hurdys ed30 would have beat it. Exhaust system wasnt stock either

And we're back to the stock verses modified clarification...and there's no point, hence the bit in bold! I don't know what you've done to your K1 but I reckon it ain't factory fresh out of the box fully stock. And we all know what Hurdys done to his. But we're pissing on someone elses post here so enoughs enough. Don't you think? :P

Offline NeilM

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2010, 01:05:42 pm »
It'll be hard to sell John, specially with all the work you've put into it.

Obviously the sensible thing to do is, extend your driveway to store it, spend some more money on it, make it quite unpractical and use it a couple of dozen times a year.

Neil  :wink:

Offline illyun

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2010, 02:13:27 pm »
It'll be hard to sell John, specially with all the work you've put into it.

Obviously the sensible thing to do is, extend your driveway to store it, spend some more money on it, make it quite unpractical and use it a couple of dozen times a year.

Neil  :wink:

My Ed30 cost 29k+ and another 10k of mods and more planned for the future, but I would be loathe to sell it as I bought it for good.  Finanically it doesn't make sense, especially as I won't be using it for another 4 to 5 years, but I'm too attached to that car to sell up.  I plan to take it to shows and the very occasionaly trackday when I return, while using another car as a  daily drive.

Offline NeilM

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2010, 04:34:26 pm »
Yeah, I'm not sure when or how it happened but its got me by the short and curlies and I cant let my Ed30 go either  :confused: I was lucky enough to be able to keep it when I got a new car, should have it back from VW Racing soon :jumping:

Offline Edition30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 8
  • No man was ever wise by chance.
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2010, 04:46:32 pm »
Yeah, I'm not sure when or how it happened but its got me by the short and curlies and I cant let my Ed30 go either  :confused: I was lucky enough to be able to keep it when I got a new car, should have it back from VW Racing soon :jumping:

To keep your account active an immediate update is required when you get it back  :P
Afghanistan Trust - Yorkshire 3 peaks challenge.

www.justgiving.com/ptemartinbell

MyProtein - MP119633

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2010, 04:55:21 pm »

i cant believe you still havnt got it!  :surprised: how long have they had it now?

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2010, 04:57:01 pm »
is it being race prepped??

Offline NeilM

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2010, 05:14:16 pm »
i cant believe you still havnt got it!  :surprised: how long have they had it now?

Yeah they've had it since June, to be fair they did say they would fit it in around they racing commitments and I have had a few custom made bits which have taken some time and a wait for the Recaros, I also had a complete re-spray on the interior and roll cage (white), Flocked the dashboard & pillar trims and transferring electronics to race steering wheel. Plus all the VW Racing bits

For once I had to agree with the Mrs when she said "why didn't you do it in the Winter, muppet"  :ashamed:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2010, 06:23:28 pm »
^^^^
I feel the same as Illyun and Neil.. I've put so much into making my GTI more how I like it and no matter what else I drive I always enjoy getting back into my GTI. It's the allrounder aspect which is so awesome: This afternoon I transported a 6'x2' panel of fence for example. 3 girlies plus hand luggage to Paris next month and also a trip planned to Nurburgring.

The only future replacement I can think of is the Audi RS3 if Sportback and only if it has S-tronic (DSG) and the TT-RS engine.

I like John's idea of selling it with the mods but just adding some £££ above the book price. It breaks my heart seeing superbly modded cars like John's converted back to standard.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 06:26:03 pm by RedRobin »

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2010, 07:39:51 pm »
 superbly modded cars like John's converted back to standard.
[/quote]

maybe we should have a group buy for Johns car R/R :smiley:

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 5
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2010, 07:50:09 pm »
m3 csl john. will go up in value too, all it needs is brakes.
BMW 335d msport touring lci. Auto, estate and diesel! Oh no