Make a donation

Author Topic: Mazda6 MPS or alternatives  (Read 16849 times)

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
Re: Mazda6 MPS
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2010, 11:08:36 am »
Well, my experience is based on real world driving, normal roads, cold(ish) tyres and being out of the correct gear as when I was almost at a stop in 2nd, (not expecting a 'race' if you like), the MPS hammered away, no point me forcing first gear in (non DSG) while rolling.  I got rid of the MPS when I actually got some traction in 3rd.  I was also coming back from a 14hr fishing day and was pretty tired/out of sorts etc.  Maybe a stock manual ED30 could do better than I thought ?   Who knows ? All I know is, I was glad I was mapped !!

(Your also the second person to mention an MPS feels gruntier/quicker than a stock ED30 though).

Aaaaah you never mentioned that you did him once you were in 3rd and your fishing rods weren't in the way..  It's all coming out now :signLOL:
They do FEEL quicker due to the surge in mid range torque. But like I said, they tail off quite quickly whilst the KO4 delivery is quite the oppisite. Either way, they would be fairly well matched IMO and neither would disappear.  :happy2:

Oh and what's wrong with being strange?  :rolleye:  :grin:
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 11:10:47 am by Sunglasses Ron »

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2010, 11:49:36 am »
Be careful what you say to Mark, if he says the MPS is quicker, it's quicker okay!

Here is a pic of him:

TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2010, 12:09:05 pm »
Be careful what you say to Mark, if he says the MPS is quicker, it's quicker okay!

Here is a pic of him:

:signLOL:
I've got bigger lats than that..  :grin:

Offline markc

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2010, 11:15:07 pm »

Here is a pic of him:

Lol...... :happy2:     

Yeh, forgot to say all my fishin rods were stuck everywhere in the car, jammed on the brake pedal and everything  :signLOL:  I couldnt see out he window for my bivvy either  :booty:

No i didnt mention I did him in 3rd, thought it would be obvious enough after 'lighting the wheels up in 2nd'  :evilgrin:  Ah well, some people need more details than others,  I will try and have a video running 24/7 for you next time   :P 

Opinions, opinions  :wink: 

Had: Edition 30, 3 Door Manual, Pearl Black, Cruise Control, IPod Prep, Arm Rest, Auto Lights and Wipers

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2010, 11:45:22 pm »
i say fair play to you for saying what you did.  beats denying it or making sh!t up.  its about as i would have expected to be honest. 

dont forget he would have potentially had more grip with the LSD, as well, and the power delivery is totally different.  peak power being hit at just over 5k,  as a pose to the ed30 which is more like 6500rpm.  so initiallyty id expect him to get the run on you.

from what ive found they make good power once modded.
this is the ecutek 'stage 1' map 6 MPS

this is a 3mps but same engine.  exhaust/intake/intercooler and ecutek custom map. Similar Hp/torque to a stage 2+ K04 TFSI, so i cant wait to see what this manages with an uprated HPFP and map tweak

im starting to make a bit of headway with potential tuning options now.  make sit a bit mo interesting than everything being available.  the joy is in the search lol.

Offline markc

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2010, 12:20:59 am »
Thanks Sy,  the info was intended for your perusal in the first place, I know it wasnt directly related but I did mention this initially  :wink:

Looks like a 6 might be the way to go for you with the gains available there  :drinking:    :popcornsoda:

Re the 3 MPS modded graph  :party: Blimey !  its got 50hp on my KO4 ..........  :grin:    :evilgrin:   
Had: Edition 30, 3 Door Manual, Pearl Black, Cruise Control, IPod Prep, Arm Rest, Auto Lights and Wipers

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2010, 12:27:08 am »
i know, even if you took 20Hp off for dyno lottery into account its still very good figures.  althoug we all know big figures are hard to come by on dyno dynamics rollers. 

id be happy with a nice plateau of power at say 310hp with a fat wad of torque.   sort the shocks out, fit ARBs, add some camber and castor to the front de badge it, and be a proper sleeper.  i like the idea of a relatively unknown car with big grip and power.  suburus and evos draw to much attention, 

Offline markc

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2010, 12:39:55 am »
Sound like your on the right path here mate, a real sleeper indeed with big big power !  Nice  :smiley: :happy2: Go for it  :party:

My Ed30 is mega quick ~(to me anyway, and most who have been in it) but really I need a diff for the twisties (just insurance trouble if I go mad wi stuff y'know)  :rolleye:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2010, 11:17:37 am »
i think the LSD needs to be one of the first mods on these cars IMO overlooked because its expensive and you cant see it.   but the guys who have fitted it say its the best mod everytime

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2010, 11:22:32 am »
i think the LSD needs to be one of the first mods on these cars IMO overlooked because its expensive and you cant see it.   but the guys who have fitted it say its the best mod everytime

100% true best mod ever should have done it first  :smiley:

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2010, 11:47:14 am »
there are two reasons i ended up selling.

1st i want over 300hp, and that would involve a turbo conversion at circa £3000 +
2ndthe car already really needed an LSD for wet weather £1200

so it'd be cheaper for me to change car to something that can manage that off the std turbo and doesnt require an LSD plus i get to try something new.  not even in a rush right now.  I have the money sat there collecting dust for a car, but the wifes still got her pug, and i only live 1 mile away from where i work, o dont need a car immediately.  Im just awaiting a peach of a car to how itself and then ill take it

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2010, 04:14:58 pm »
Well the Mazda isn't so quick I found today. Probs was STD though  :evilgrin:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2010, 05:14:56 pm »
 :laugh: :laugh: naughty  :grin:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
Re: Mazda6 MPS or Volvo S60R
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2010, 07:11:30 pm »
what about this as an alternative.

Volvo S60R-300Hp/295Ibft as standard, so id like to think good tuning potential  anybody driven one?

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
Re: Mazda6 MPS or alternatives
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2010, 07:18:49 pm »
Yes

We used to have one at work. You can get around 330Bhp & 325+ lb/ft mapped.

Very good car. AWD is quite good (though not in same league as EVO/Scooby).

Quick & Capable but not really a track car. More of a A-Road/Motorway blast