Make a donation

Author Topic: Observations of my Edition 30 - Had it a week  (Read 1922 times)

Offline Kiwi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 15
Observations of my Edition 30 - Had it a week
« on: August 23, 2010, 12:36:10 pm »

Hello All,

As the title says I have made a few observations of my Edition 30, over the last week ( as I have only owned it a week ) :happy2:

When using the indicators, the sound to confirm they are in use, is oohhh so quiet, in factor I feel a little to quiet, I have had to check a couple of times, to make sure they were on and working, as i could heard the ticking sound. :confused:

When the car is idling and you stand in front of it, it has a very close sound to a diesel idling. :sad1:

Now I have had the car checked over by VW Blackburn, and they plugged it in and did all there checks, and said the car was fine, no isssues on the ECU.

Apart from that it had a 6 hour, clean polish and vac on Saturday by me, and the car I think is working well, bearing in mind I don't have another Edition 30 DSG to compare it to, to be able to confirm any different.

Just to confirm some details, it's a Ed30, DSG, 57plate, with 12,500 on the clock

Any thoughts welcome  :drinking:

Cheers
Kiwi

Offline Moschops

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 118
  • -Receive: 23
  • Edition 30 No 2275
Re: Observations of my Edition 30 - Had it a week
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 12:41:06 pm »

Hello All,

As the title says I have made a few observations of my Edition 30, over the last week ( as I have only owned it a week ) :happy2:

When using the indicators, the sound to confirm they are in use, is oohhh so quiet, in factor I feel a little to quiet, I have had to check a couple of times, to make sure they were on and working, as i could heard the ticking sound. :confused: yes they are quiet, but you should hear the ticking sound...

When the car is idling and you stand in front of it, it has a very close sound to a diesel idling. :sad1: Yes it does sound like Farmer Giles tractor... :laugh:

Now I have had the car checked over by VW Blackburn, and they plugged it in and did all there checks, and said the car was fine, no isssues on the ECU.

Apart from that it had a 6 hour, clean polish and vac on Saturday by me, and the car I think is working well, bearing in mind I don't have another Edition 30 DSG to compare it to, to be able to confirm any different. Sounds all okay to me... :smiley:

Just to confirm some details, it's a Ed30, DSG, 57plate, with 12,500 on the clock low miles...has it any other extras besides DSG?

Any thoughts welcome  :drinking: :happy2:

Cheers
Kiwi
Cheers,

Wayne

Offline Kiwi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 12:49:55 pm »

The full Spec is

Build Number:- Unknown
Registration Date:- 30/10/2007
Build Date (if available):- Unknown
Number Plate Age Indicator:- 57
Colour :- Candy White
Number Of Doors:- 5
Transmission:- DSG
Optional Extras:- Electric slide/tilt sunroof, Multifunction steering wheel & paddleshift, Gas discharge (Bi Xenon) headlights, Luxury pack, DVD navigation/radio system, Front centre armrest with storage box, CD auto changer in middle armrest, DVD europe, Cruise control.

Lazy cut and paste from the Edition 30 registration  :P

Offline CAPTAIN BRITAIN

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 12
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 01:48:00 pm »
Sounds like a nice car,
Get some pics posted in the members ride section  :happy2:

Offline Moschops

• Thank You
  • -Given: 118
  • -Receive: 23
  • Edition 30 No 2275
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 01:56:09 pm »

The full Spec is

Build Number:- Unknown
Registration Date:- 30/10/2007
Build Date (if available):- Unknown
Number Plate Age Indicator:- 57
Colour :- Candy White
Number Of Doors:- 5
Transmission:- DSG
Optional Extras:- Electric slide/tilt sunroof, Multifunction steering wheel & paddleshift, Gas discharge (Bi Xenon) headlights, Luxury pack, DVD navigation/radio system, Front centre armrest with storage box, CD auto changer in middle armrest, DVD europe, Cruise control.

Lazy cut and paste from the Edition 30 registration  :P

Nice spec...not far off mine... :wink:
Cheers,

Wayne

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2010, 01:58:12 pm »
All sounds normal to me  :happy2:, the worst part is people thinking you have blinged up a diesel to look like a GTi LOL

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2010, 06:35:38 pm »
I think you'll get used to the indicator volume and the sound of the zorst. Besides, you have a GTI. Moreso an ED30. You shouldn't be hanging around at idle!  :driver:

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.