Make a donation

Author Topic: DSG or not DSG  (Read 7867 times)

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 88
  • -Receive: 95
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed!
Re: DSG or not DSG
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2010, 06:45:26 pm »
the newer ones are coming with DSG and that XDS diff now arnt they??
You've been baffled by marketing bollox.  There is no such thing as an XDS 'diff'.  The diff is just a bog-standard open planetary diff, and the XDS is merely an enhancement of the existing EDL - basically a 2 pfennig tweak of the ESP software
Sean - Independant Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

~~ free official Golf V factory workshop manuals ~~

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2010, 12:15:16 pm »
You are wrong Rich.

I've spoken to Steve at Statllers and you will need a new loom. Also the MFD will need changing to a DSG version. The Wheel will obviously need altering if you want paddle control (could use an FR Leon version), plus several other mods that you don't think of, like changing the bulkhead from a 3 pedal to 2 pedal arrangement etc.
Bulkheads are identical.  It is just a bolt-in pedal box which is different.

You sure Sean?

I was told that the bulkhead was different for the pedal and to accomodate the DSG as opposed to the manual box :confused:
Golf R gone.

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Thank You
  • -Given: 88
  • -Receive: 95
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed!
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2010, 12:57:08 pm »
You are wrong Rich.

I've spoken to Steve at Statllers and you will need a new loom. Also the MFD will need changing to a DSG version. The Wheel will obviously need altering if you want paddle control (could use an FR Leon version), plus several other mods that you don't think of, like changing the bulkhead from a 3 pedal to 2 pedal arrangement etc.
Bulkheads are identical.  It is just a bolt-in pedal box which is different.

You sure Sean?
Part numbers are identical, from the individual 'firewall' bulkead, to the entire 'body in white' bodyshell.  The actual pedals (be they two or three - and exluding the go pedal which is floor mounted) are mounted in a 'pedal box' - and it is this pedal box which differs.

I was told that the bulkhead was different for the pedal and to accomodate the DSG as opposed to the manual box :confused:
Someone told you porkies.  :wink:
Sean - Independant Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

~~ free official Golf V factory workshop manuals ~~

Offline Pummy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2010, 09:56:51 pm »
Get an ED30 DSG Mike, part ex the Cupra and swap all the kit onto it :happy2:

I guess then it wouldn't be unique though :sad1:
I would do that. Hold on, I just did :jumpmove: