Make a donation

Author Topic: OEM Pescara Colour  (Read 4671 times)

Offline rdfcpete

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
OEM Pescara Colour
« on: August 22, 2010, 01:47:44 pm »
What's the OEM/Factory ED30 Pescara colour called please guys?

I'm looking to have my S-Line Splits done in the same finish and I want to be sure I ask for the right thing.
> Even better - Is there a paint code I can quote to make absolutely sure?

Thanks  :smiley:,
Pete.
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline Mandy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 95
  • -Receive: 94
  • Drink Russian, Wear Italian, Drive German :)
Re: OEM Pescara Colour
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 03:24:22 pm »
Hi Pete,

I'm pretty sure it's been mentioned before that there isn't a paint code for the Pescara colour.  :sad1:
Driving: Tornado Red MK7 GTD, BMW 330e
Drove: Rising Blue Golf 6R, Reflex Silver Edition30 No.1684, Tornado Red Mk5 Golf GTI

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 03:33:37 pm »
I thought i was titan silver. Anyway, although it won't be a perfect match, it should suffice for the OP's needs.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline Mandy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 95
  • -Receive: 94
  • Drink Russian, Wear Italian, Drive German :)
Driving: Tornado Red MK7 GTD, BMW 330e
Drove: Rising Blue Golf 6R, Reflex Silver Edition30 No.1684, Tornado Red Mk5 Golf GTI

Offline scooba

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2010, 04:58:54 pm »
I have a man looking into it tomorrow ,He is sure he can get the paint time will tell ,I now have 6 pescaras  ,two i am donating to the find the correct paint colour then ,I will get all off them painted if i scratch one i will have two others in my garage .

I really hope they can get it right ,I will post my findings in the next week

Saint Steve

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2010, 05:08:37 pm »
I thought i was titan silver. Anyway, although it won't be a perfect match, it should suffice for the OP's needs.

There isnt one. Mandy is correct.

There are close matches available, but to avoid the difference in colour, re-do all 4 wheels .

Offline scooba

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2010, 05:26:22 pm »
Hi  small update ,The managing director at Wheel Works has sent one of my spare wheels off to Germany to get the exact paint  ,What he said is there is a tint in the laquer  to obtain this finish and yes it can be done 100% right .The company he uses for paint supply the BBS factory

What I dont think he is going to do is make his findings available to joe public ,why would he ?? he is prepaired to go to the trouble of sorting out the colour and obtaining it from the german company that supplies BBS .But he said he is happy to do anyones wheels if they want them done

I will get 1 wheel done as a sample to check against my 5 OEM rims then get the other 5 done in early sept .If any one wants theres done when they see my finished product i will forward you his number .

He is doing 50 wheels a day 6 days a week ,he knows his stuff and tbh I dont think he is bull sh*tting when he said he can do it  and get it right .

I watched them working on some wheels on Saturday morning ,they put the rims in paint stripping tanks then neutralise the stripper ,They then place 4 wheels in a special blast cleaning unit for 15 seconds the wheels come out like brand new castings,

Then they go for painting first up is a powder coat primer in to the oven to bake then, out to the spray booth for colour coating back in to the oven to stove the finish, back in to the booth for the last coat being laquer finally into the oven for the final stoving ,when this is complete they allow them to cool down and refit the tyres and balance them prior to colection by you the customer,

very very impressed

Offline keith

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2010, 05:31:28 pm »
Ah the Golden Fleece of wheel colours.
BBS will not divulge the wheel colour as countless peeps have tried, lots have come close but not a 100% match as I fear your friend will find out. Good luck though :happy2:

Offline scooba

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2010, 07:18:46 pm »
 Is this like buying a car and going to a garage to be told if we paint it sir I cant guarantee it will match ???? ,This is a misson now on my behalf ,The guy at Wheel Works isnt a mate .Of course it can be matched  it just depends how much effort someone is prepaired to put in to it

If he cant get it right i will go somewhere else .

I had some really good help from BBS while looking for some vz,the girl in Germany even tried all there agents in europe ,If i can find her details ill mail her and ask

they are only vw wheels supplied by BBS .

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2010, 07:30:32 pm »
Didnt Phil at PWMotorsport say he could get a tin of paint at aprox £50 ?, i still think the match will be hard as its a base colour with a tinted lacquer (like nail varnins if you know what i mean), hence if the laquer goes on to thick you get a different colour  :scared:

Offline scooba

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2010, 09:08:08 pm »
we can but try , how hard can it be after all they are only wheels it aint like this is some limited edition Ferrari from 1960 worth 5 million quid

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2010, 09:56:00 pm »
Thanks for all the input guys. If titan silver is 90 percent like the pescara finish to the human eye then thats ideal.

And yep Steve, all 4 are being done of course :happy2:
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door