Make a donation

Author Topic: Red GTi badges  (Read 40034 times)

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
Re: Red GTi badges
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2008, 04:37:17 pm »
The rear one is "1J0 853 675 AH GQF" - GTI emblem in chrome/chrome/red - about a tenner.

Can't find the front one.

the front is a back one bodged on the old mount , so who will be the first to try and buy a proper one

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2008, 04:46:54 pm »
The rear one is "1J0 853 675 AH GQF" - GTI emblem in chrome/chrome/red - about a tenner.

the front is a back one bodged on the old mount , so who will be the first to try and buy a proper one

Mine isn't  :wink:

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2008, 04:53:29 pm »

oh, thought yours was the OEMplus one ?

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2008, 04:57:12 pm »

It is, but I bought the MK4 anni badge complete thinking it would fit  :signIWS: So then had no option but to pull the letters off and put them on the MK5 mount. Negs spot on though, the rear ones are a bit smaller, but my one fits perfectly  :drinking:

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Thank You
  • -Given: 88
  • -Receive: 95
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed!
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2008, 05:11:55 pm »

I dont think you can get a proper red front badge for the Mk5.

As you pointed out, the red badges were from the Mk4 Anniversary model.  What I can't understand though, is that I can find the Mk4 Anni rear, but not front!  :confused:
Sean - Independant Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

~~ free official Golf V factory workshop manuals ~~

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2008, 05:13:02 pm »

It is, but I bought the MK4 anni badge complete thinking it would fit  :signIWS: So then had no option but to pull the letters off and put them on the MK5 mount. Negs spot on though, the rear ones are a bit smaller, but my one fits perfectly  :drinking:
LOL, i was half right then

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2008, 05:23:23 pm »

As you pointed out, the red badges were from the Mk4 Anniversary model.  What I can't understand though, is that I can find the Mk4 Anni rear, but not front!  :confused:

is this one red though ?

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Thank You
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2008, 05:28:22 pm »

is this one red though ?

"The rear one is "1J0 853 675 AH GQF" - GTI emblem in chrome/chrome/red:wink:  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2008, 07:10:51 pm »

is this one red though ?

"The rear one is "1J0 853 675 AH GQF" - GTI emblem in chrome/chrome/red:wink:  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:

That's interseting T_T, will that part number be recognised by a UK VW parts dept? Be interesting to see if it's the same size as the OEMplus ones?

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Thank You
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2008, 07:24:51 pm »

is this one red though ?

That's interseting T_T, will that part number be recognised by a UK VW parts dept? Be interesting to see if it's the same size as the OEMplus ones?

Yup, it is the official part number used on the Mk4.  So order it, peel off the self adhesive backing paper, and award a Blue Peter Badge to yourself!  :P  :evilgrin:
------

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2008, 07:26:31 pm »

is this one red though ?

Yup, it is the official part number used on the Mk4.  So order it, peel off the self adhesive backing paper, and award a Blue Peter Badge to yourself!  :P  :evilgrin:

I will do that sir, now I award you a RED Peter badge!!  :rolleye:

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2008, 07:28:29 pm »

is this one red though ?

I will do that sir, now I award you a RED Peter badge!!  :rolleye:

seems to easy ?, why didnt anyone do this before  :laugh:

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Thank You
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2008, 07:36:27 pm »
The front is still a stumbling block though!   :chicken:
------

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2008, 07:37:13 pm »

Out of interest where do you get your part codes

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Thank You
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2008, 07:40:13 pm »

Out of interest where do you get your part codes

ETKA - shssshhh  :wink:
------