Make a donation

Author Topic: Car theives in leeds  (Read 6790 times)

Offline Gti_Mad

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 40
Re: Car theives in leeds
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2010, 11:23:35 am »
theres a group of lads near me that go out the area and break in2 peoples houses and steal there cars....... there not boverd by the slightest 2 come upstairs and take the keys off you... this is exactly y i hav trusty friend next 2 me all the time in bed  :happy2:

Had the ED30, but not got the balls.

Mk5 silver 5door Ed30 1707- now sold
Mk6 silver 3door Golf R- current

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2010, 11:26:50 am »

i hav trusty friend next 2 me all the time in bed  :happy2:

Sounds very cosy. I hope they wear pyjamas.  :grin:

Offline Gti_Mad

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 40
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2010, 11:41:11 am »
haha its called sam  :signLOL:

Had the ED30, but not got the balls.

Mk5 silver 5door Ed30 1707- now sold
Mk6 silver 3door Golf R- current

Offline S2 Ant

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2010, 01:14:16 pm »
Sounds like a good time to invest in a REVO SPS switch for the anti-theft mode, even with the keys they wont go anywhere !!
Ant

Offline Boothy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 32
  • All donations accepted, thanks.
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2010, 05:05:46 pm »
If someone goes through the hassle of breaking into your house I hardly think the keys being upstairs is gonna stop em

Why? They don't usually want a confrontation, they don't want the police to be notified until they are well gone and they rarely want to get in a chase or get caught so why risk it. It happens yes, but very rarely if you ask me. They would rather move onto the next house I reckon.

Offline BenR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2010, 01:12:55 pm »
If someone goes through the hassle of breaking into your house I hardly think the keys being upstairs is gonna stop em

Why? They don't usually want a confrontation, they don't want the police to be notified until they are well gone and they rarely want to get in a chase or get caught so why risk it. It happens yes, but very rarely if you ask me. They would rather move onto the next house I reckon.

If they manage to get into the house, they will most probably get the keys no matter where they are! A lot of these gangs break in expecting confrontation as cars are stolen to order!

Offline Boothy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 32
  • All donations accepted, thanks.
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2010, 02:40:41 pm »

If they manage to get into the house, they will most probably get the keys no matter where they are! A lot of these gangs break in expecting confrontation as cars are stolen to order!

Not any of the ones I have spoken to and I've spoken to quite a few. Hollywood does like to jazz things up doesn't it eh  :wink: :signLOL:

I can see this debate going on like this for ages so I'll gracefully drop out before I annoy somebody  :smiley:

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2010, 02:46:45 pm »
Most are scummy wannabe gangster kids doing it for a few hundred quid - they're banking on you doing nothing, but then there's the odd case of people getting a good hiding.
Sideways yo!

Offline Beddie

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 76
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2010, 09:59:32 pm »
I honestly dont know how i'd react in that sort of situation tbh, fingers crossed its one myself or the wife never find ourselves in...
Sensible side of me thinks that if they went to the trouble of breaking into our home and coming upstairs for the keys then i wouldnt want to put mrs beddie in any danger for what is an easily replaceable lump of metal, the other side of me couldnt bear to let my hard earned drive off without any protest...

My cousin was unfortunately faced with this a few months back, 2 lads came into his house early evening and demanded the keys to his S3, he put up a fight but got an iron bar across the head for his trouble and a trip to hospital, scumbags didnt expect any resistance and legged it without the car, quite possibly the same scrotes came back 3 up a couple of weeks ago and took it this time...  :sad1:

His dad this time managed to chase them to the car and smashed the windscreen and back windows as they drove off to help make the car more noticeable, it was found in one of manchester's less desireable areas a few days later just parked up

Bearing in mind his dad is HUGE and had a bat and was running after them in his boxers, not sure i'd fancy a 3rd time lucky attempt  :signLOL:

Tornado Red ED30 : Number 1644 - Gone

Carbon Grey Edition 35 - Here

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2010, 09:20:04 am »
If they want it they can have it, I won't be putting a fight, that's why I pay insurance. My keys always stay downstairs!

A rep who I deal with at work had a lovely MKV GTI. Sitting in his living room one evening with his two baby girls a plantpot came through his patio window, followed by three masked men all wielding huge machetes, they demanded the keys at which he obliged in much panic. His wife came running downstairs wondering what all the noise was about, through some act of bravery or plain stupidity she tried to stop them. They were not happy about this obviously and decided they would give her a clobber round the head with the end of a machete knocking her clean out. They eventually got away leaving the whole family in distress for months.

The GTI which they stole was invloved in a Police chase a few nights later, the police managed to box them in on a dead end only for them to get out of the car and start giving the coppers a good hiding!

I don't know about others but I don't wanna confront people like this, they can have whatever they want. I would'nt wanna put myself and my family through that!  :smiley:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2010, 09:49:15 pm »
The opportunistic thief won't want confrontation. A planned theft means they'll be prepared for violence.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.