Make a donation

Author Topic: What's Fastest???  (Read 11155 times)

Offline Hurdy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
Re: What's Fastest???
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2010, 11:57:07 am »
Rumour has it this is Jonny C's next car too.. Imagine what they would be capable of when mods are applied?  :surprised: Build thread anyone?  :party:

Just speak to Steve Jr at Statllers, he' knows their capabilities. Turbo swap to Ickle itty bitty turbo's that are just a little bigger than the stock ickle ones will give you 750bhp and still zero lag. Larger turbo's give 900bhp+, but Steve says they are laggier and not as fast lower down. I know what my car feels like with an extra 100bhp, so gawd knows what 200+ extra horsies would be like :laugh:
Golf R gone.

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2010, 11:59:25 am »
i keep telling you john 993 turbo  :evilgrin:

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2010, 12:01:26 pm »
Rumour has it this is Jonny C's next car too.. Imagine what they would be capable of when mods are applied?  :surprised: Build thread anyone?  :party:

Just speak to Steve Jr at Statllers, he' knows their capabilities. Turbo swap to Ickle itty bitty turbo's that are just a little bigger than the stock ickle ones will give you 750bhp and still zero lag. Larger turbo's give 900bhp+, but Steve says they are laggier and not as fast lower down. I know what my car feels like with an extra 100bhp, so gawd knows what 200+ extra horsies would be like :laugh:

You think they'd be quick, how about these 2 monsters..  :drool: :drool: :drool:
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 12:02:59 pm by Sunglasses Ron »

Offline 94Luke

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2010, 01:04:11 am »
have you seen the merc amg in the flesh and heard one as i have and the sound awesome  :evilgrin:  even on tickover

Yep, there's some lucky b*****d been passing Statllers in one. Does sound good, does look good, does go well, but the Porker still gets my vote. :happy2:

wasn't a red one was it?

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2010, 06:20:44 pm »
I'd like to see the Porsche v GTR again but on a rolling start as this takes the Launch Control out of the equation.

I reckon it would be a lot closer than it was as the GTR driver seemed to bog down on the line before getting away.

That Porsche was damn quick though :happy2:

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2010, 08:46:57 pm »
have you seen the merc amg in the flesh and heard one as i have and the sound awesome  :evilgrin:  even on tickover

Yep, there's some lucky b*****d been passing Statllers in one. Does sound good, does look good, does go well, but the Porker still gets my vote. :happy2:

wasn't a red one was it?

No, deep grey colour :happy2:
Golf R gone.

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2010, 09:33:02 pm »
I'd like to see the Porsche v GTR again but on a rolling start as this takes the Launch Control out of the equation.

I reckon it would be a lot closer than it was as the GTR driver seemed to bog down on the line before getting away.

GTR doesnt stand a chance against a 997 turbo PDK let alone a turbo s from rolling start. Plenty of vids on youtube  :happy2:

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2010, 11:12:26 am »

GTR doesnt stand a chance against a 997 turbo PDK let alone a turbo s from rolling start. Plenty of vids on youtube  :happy2:

:happy2:

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2010, 01:28:33 pm »

GTR doesnt stand a chance against a 997 turbo PDK let alone a turbo s from rolling start. Plenty of vids on youtube  :happy2:

:happy2:

Thats the one, there are even vids of tiptronic 997 turbos beating the GTR  :grin:

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2010, 02:03:11 pm »
Bloody he'll I knew the porsche was quicker but not that quick.

But seeing as the GTR is £60k cheaper than a Turbo S I know which I'd have :happy2:

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2010, 02:06:24 pm »
Bloody he'll I knew the porsche was quicker but not that quick.

But seeing as the GTR is £60k cheaper than a Turbo S I know which I'd have :happy2:

The clever money goes on a used 997Turbo, as to run a GTR costs roughly 80% more a year at 12,00 miles a year.

Plus everytime you track the GTR it has to have a service straight away, and everything is logged in the ECU.

Running a porsche isnt much more expensive than a GTI, a GTR however is stupid expensive and in the leagues of the exotica.

GTR is a scam, I found this out when I too thought 60k is cheap for the perfomance and I should buy one, they arent cheap at all, nissan is just cheating to make everything how great they are when really the 911 is still a much better car.

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2010, 02:36:04 pm »
I wouldn't be buying the car to track it though.

It would also take a lot of mileage to use up £60k of advantage. Even if I cost twice as much to run you would get at least 10 years out of it by which time you would have changed cars anyway.

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2010, 02:40:38 pm »
I wouldn't be buying the car to track it though.

It would also take a lot of mileage to use up £60k of advantage. Even if I cost twice as much to run you would get at least 10 years out of it by which time you would have changed cars anyway.

Thats sorta beside the point though. If you have the earning power to afford a 120k car you will buy the one your heart desires the most.

If you have the earning power however to buy a 60k car, you might not be able to afford the additional running costs that are closer to that of a 350k car. So in the case of the GTR buying it is one thing, but running it is another. Certainly why I have a deposit on a TTRS and not a GTR.

Plus nissan see the GTR box as a consumable, and we all know those arent cheap. Geabox oil change every 4500 miles, against the porsche 90,000 miles  :stupid:

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2010, 02:47:09 pm »
Anyone who buys a car and doesn't look at running costs is a bit stupid though. Its something you take into account when you buy it. Or at least I do.  I wouldn't buy a car I couldn't afford to run and I doubt many people do.

So it is entirely the point that you would take a long time to use up the £60k advantage.

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2010, 02:49:58 pm »
Anyone who buys a car and doesn't look at running costs is a bit stupid though. Its something you take into account when you buy it. Or at least I do.  I wouldn't buy a car I couldn't afford to run and I doubt many people do.

So it is entirely the point that you would take a long time to use up the £60k advantage.

So a year or two old 997 turbo it is  :happy2: