Make a donation

Author Topic: What's Fastest???  (Read 11161 times)

Offline vRS Carl

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
Re: What's Fastest???
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2010, 05:01:54 pm »
Isnt that one of the early ones that people were trying to tinker with?

There is a company in America that has cracked the "un-Tuneable" ECU and apparently have a GT-R running at nearly 800whp and 754lb/ft

But they have uprated a lot of internals as well to cope.

Only took them 2 years to crack it :surprised:.

Apparently there is an ECU within the ECU and they both share the running of the car. The Inner ECU apparently being a bitch to crack. You also have to simultaneously map both ECU's or it FUBAR's  :scared: :scared:

Imagine trying to explain that to the dealer  :grin:

Edit found them - they are called COBB Tuning

COBB Tuning Time Attack GT-R

So you could spend the £60k you save over the Turbo S and have this instead  :P
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 05:06:37 pm by vRS Carl »

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2010, 05:35:22 pm »
This is what a 585Bhp GT-R does to a 911 Turbo PDK

This is the same 585Bhp GT-R vs an 800Bhp GT-R

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2010, 05:46:57 pm »
Then of course you've got that P800 GTR vs the lower powered 997 of those 2 monsters I posted earlier in the thread :wink:
Mothered springs to mind..  :surprised:

It's a vicious circle  :grin:
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 05:49:07 pm by Sunglasses Ron »

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2010, 06:09:53 pm »
This is what a 585Bhp GT-R does to a 911 Turbo PDK

This is the same 585Bhp GT-R vs an 800Bhp GT-R

The COBB GTRs are slower than the GTRS of other tuners.

But anyway.

997 Turbo Tiptronic 750hp VS Nissan GTR 800hp

And your GTR still gets smoked, by a less powerful car with a slushbox! GTR overrated.

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2010, 06:32:13 pm »
It's a vicious circle  :grin:

That's for sure :happy2: :laugh:

The porsche does have 200bhp more though so i would expect it to do that  :grin:

Thing is if i wanted outright speed i would just buy something like a specced up to the hilt Golf R for £40k throw £60k of the £80k i'd saved at it and that would muller near enough everything on the planet bar a few Hypercars.

For the record i wouldn't buy either car. The porsche just doesn't do it for me and the GTR is just too PS3.

For £123k i'd have:

Used:

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/Sales/1970029.htm

or

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/Sales/1369883.htm

New it would be

Loaded R8 V10 Spyder (£121k to the Spec i want)
Fully Loaded RS6 (£103k to the Spec i want)
Fully Loaded C63 AMG Estate with Performance Plus Pack (£63k to the Spec i want)

The C63 would more than likely be my choice as i would have 487bhp and that Awesome V8 sound coupled with ultimate luxury. Also apart from a few styling cue's and the quad exhausts it looks like any other Merc till it's too late. Plus it would be £40k cheaper than the RS6 and more for the others.

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2010, 06:35:27 pm »

And your GTR still gets smoked, by a less powerful car with a slushbox! GTR overrated.

Not in this one it doesn't  :P

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2010, 06:39:18 pm »
I wouldn't say the GTR was overated Pov. I think it's probably more to do with the fact that it weighs a good 400kgs more than the Porker, which wouldn't help..  :wink:

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2010, 06:43:27 pm »
I wouldn't say the GTR was overated Pov. I think it's probably more to do with the fact that it weighs a good 400kgs more than the Porker, which wouldn't help..  :wink:
Weight difference between a turbo is roughly 200kgs

Its overrated because every bangs on about it being a bargain supercar and that its beaten porsche at their own game when in reality nissan arent exactly playing fair.

A stock GTR firstly puts out alot more power than they state, and 2ndly its cheap because nissan are subsiding the costs, but then are trying to recoup those costs through high servicing and parts costs. Then there is the whole issue of them being fragile and requiring TLC. The porka you can do 24hours at the ring and then drive it home without any special attention barring the consumables such as tyres, brakes and fluids.

The GTR is a bit like the Focus RS. The truth is slowely but surely coming out, they are both overrated.

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2010, 06:46:43 pm »

Not in this one it doesn't  :P

Ahh the moscow unlim 500. IIRC a porsche has won that even 5 years on the trot. Wouldnt stand a chance against a equally tuned PDK that GTR.

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2010, 06:49:17 pm »
Hang on that's the same car you just showed in your previous video :confused:

After a mile unless my eyes are deceiving me the GT-R was in the lead despite being left behind on the line :confused:

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2010, 06:53:25 pm »
Hang on that's the same car you just showed in your previous video :confused:

After a mile unless my eyes are deceiving me the GT-R was in the lead despite being left behind on the line :confused:

The car in the vid you posted is a tiptronic. This is basically a fancy automatic porsche. A PDK 911 is a double clutch ie DSG like the GTR.

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2010, 06:55:19 pm »
I wouldn't say the GTR was overated Pov. I think it's probably more to do with the fact that it weighs a good 400kgs more than the Porker, which wouldn't help..  :wink:

Its overrated because every bangs on about it being a bargain supercar and that its beaten porsche at their own game when in reality nissan arent exactly playing fair.

A stock GTR firstly puts out alot more power than they state, and 2ndly its cheap because nissan are subsiding the costs, but then are trying to recoup those costs through high servicing and parts costs. Then there is the whole issue of them being fragile and requiring TLC. The porka you can do 24hours at the ring and then drive it home without any special attention barring the consumables such as tyres, brakes and fluids.

The GTR is a bit like the Focus RS. The truth is slowely but surely coming out, they are both overrated.

I thought the GTR was 1800kgs and Porker around 1400 (give or take).. Agree with the other bit though to a certain degree, although the GTR isn't solely fro straight lines remember. But the running costs are a joke though and heaven forbid you should have a knock in one.. :scared:

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2010, 07:00:08 pm »

I thought the GTR was 1800kgs and Porker around 1400 (give or take).. Agree with the other bit though to a certain degree, although the GTR isn't solely fro straight lines remember. But the running costs are a joke though and heaven forbid you should have a knock in one.. :scared:

The turbos are around 1650kg. and the GTR roughly 1800kg.

Yeahh 11k for than minor knock  :scared:

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2010, 07:03:49 pm »

Actually…..

GT-R Weighs 2200Kg
Turbo Weighs 1595Kg
Turbo S Weighs 1585Kg

So it's quite a big difference of 600KG :surprised: Those weights were taken direct from the manufacturers UK Websites before you say they are wrong.

You can hardly say they are over rated. Lets take the Ring times for both cars. 7Min 40secs for Porsche vs 7Min 29secs for GT-R. 11 Secs is a big margin in performance terms.

But the price is still the issue. Im not talking about buying used. We are talking purely NEW cars. Then the GTR would make more sense as apart from a straight line it can pretty much live with if not beat a hell of a lot of cars (look at the Top Gear track board). Bonus being you save the £60k which accounts for the High running costs.

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2010, 07:05:39 pm »

Actually…..

GT-R Weighs 2200Kg
Turbo Weighs 1595Kg
Turbo S Weighs 1585Kg

So it's quite a big difference of 600KG :surprised: Those weights were taken direct from the manufacturers UK Websites before you say they are wrong.

You can hardly say they are over rated. Lets take the Ring times for both cars. 7Min 40secs for Porsche vs 7Min 29secs for GT-R. 11 Secs is a big margin in performance terms.

But the price is still the issue. Im not talking about buying used. We are talking purely NEW cars. Then the GTR would make more sense as apart from a straight line it can pretty much live with if not beat a hell of a lot of cars (look at the Top Gear track board). Bonus being you save the £60k which accounts for the High running costs.

You cant seriously think the GTR weighs 2.2 tonnes.

Sorry but the figures are wrong.

Also the porsche figures, are they with driver and fluids, or without?

The ring times should be taken with a pinch of salt. No independant tester has got anywhere near the times Nissan claim, and alot of people who were at the ring state the GTR was running track tyres.