All Things Mk5 > How to Guides / Troubleshooting

Rusty hub painting

<< < (3/6) > >>

Top Cat:
Yes, And i have already been told off, Got a little bit to much on the hub at first, so wiped the lot off. the bolts were rolled round on a clean cloth after the re-spray as well.  :ashamed: :ashamed:  :grin:

182_blue:

--- Quote from: Top Cat on November 03, 2008, 07:15:25 pm ---Yes, And i have already been told off, Got a little bit to much on the hub at first, so wiped the lot off. the bolts were rolled round on a clean cloth after the re-spray as well.  :ashamed: :ashamed:  :grin:

--- End quote ---

hey, dont worry your nearly as accurate as TT

:jumping: :jumping: :jumping: :jumping: :jumping: :laugh: :laugh:

Teutonic_Tamer:

--- Quote from: Top Cat on November 03, 2008, 07:15:25 pm ---Yes, And i have already been told off, Got a little bit to much on the hub at first, so wiped the lot off. the bolts were rolled round on a clean cloth after the re-spray as well.  :ashamed: :ashamed:  :grin:

--- End quote ---

Huh.  But as well as the actual bolts, you also need to apply it to the large face where the wheel meets the disc, and also around the black "ring" which centralises the wheel.

I don't know what neck of the woods you are from, but if you have a branch of www.Cromwell.co.uk nearby, pop in and they sell "pritt-stick" like tubes of Loctite anti-seize paste.

Teutonic_Tamer:

--- Quote from: 182_blue on November 03, 2008, 07:35:21 pm ---

--- End quote ---

hey, dont worry your nearly as accurate as TT

:jumping: :jumping: :jumping: :jumping: :jumping: :laugh: :laugh:

--- End quote ---

That was my Waxoyl!  That is just an anti rust protector, it dries to a thin clear seal, and actually is really good stuff.

BTW, has anyone else noticed that Waxoyl has gone a little erm, GAY.  My latest batch was PINK!

182_blue:
LOL, i know what it is , do we have a problem with the Gti around these areas ?, any particular reason you did it ? (apart from the obvious of course)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version