All Things Mk5 > How to Guides / Troubleshooting

Rusty hub painting

<< < (5/6) > >>

SteveP:

--- Quote from: Teutonic_Tamer on November 03, 2008, 08:48:34 pm ---
--- Quote from: 182_blue on November 03, 2008, 08:40:00 pm ---
--- Quote from: Teutonic_Tamer on November 03, 2008, 08:35:34 pm ---I Waxoyled it because many areas on the Golf V don't seem to have any rust protection at all.  Remove the undertray, or any of the wheel arch liners, and there is zippo there - just a basecoat of paint.  Now, bearing in mind when I posted about the rust trap in the rear wheel arches (thread on the other side - went down with the sinking of the Titanic!  :evilgrin:), I reckon prevention is always better than cure when it comes to corrosion.

Even the box sections didn't have any!  :mad:

--- End quote ---

perhaps post it up here , would be interested to read it again, get mine protected  :happy2:

--- End quote ---

What, the rust traps thread?  It got lost in the downtime.  :sad:

I'll see if I can sort sommat out again.  But I still have five pages of notes from my intercooler install, and I really want to make that into a PDF.  :fighting2:

Anyone know of a decent PDF creater, and more importantly, is simple to use for computer thickies like me!  :rolleye:

--- End quote ---

Just use a PDF printer like PDF995 (Free) then you can do all the hard work in something friendly (ish) like MS Word  :smiley:

Teutonic_Tamer:

--- Quote from: SteveP on November 03, 2008, 08:52:17 pm ---Just use a PDF printer like PDF995 (Free) then you can do all the hard work in something friendly (ish) like MS Word  :smiley:

--- End quote ---

So you make a document in Word, then you can actually save it as a PDF ??  Is it really that simple, or am I being fik?

Top Cat:
I down loaded one of them free from microsoft office add-ons dont know how to use it though.  :signIWS:

SteveP:

--- Quote from: Teutonic_Tamer on November 03, 2008, 09:03:12 pm ---
--- Quote from: SteveP on November 03, 2008, 08:52:17 pm ---Just use a PDF printer like PDF995 (Free) then you can do all the hard work in something friendly (ish) like MS Word  :smiley:

--- End quote ---

So you make a document in Word, then you can actually save it as a PDF ??  Is it really that simple, or am I being fik?

--- End quote ---

The PDF995 program sets itself up as a virtual printer so you create the document in Word then print it to the PDF printer and it will ask you for the file name. It's easy peasy once you have it instaled  :happy2:

QD MBE:
Is it just me, or does the title sound a bit rude!

Rusty hub painting !! :rolleye: :rolleye:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version