Make a donation

Author Topic: Tornado Red Golf GTI DSG... New wheels.. Finally!!!  (Read 24353 times)

Offline swf7y

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 9
Re: Tornado Red Golf GTI DSG build thread NEW PICS Added PG2
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2010, 12:49:56 pm »
Hi Al, convoy was good, I kept lookiang at your car in my rear view mirror, you had your xenons on and it looked the biz! TBH, my girlfriend kept complaining about the cold weather so I spent a alot of time in the car!  :signLOL:

The rear badge is off ebay, it's real carbon fibre but a 'sticker'. I had white worm on mine so I needed to do something about it!

Here's a link: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220678956955

Hopefully, we'll get a chance to catch up on the next meet  :happy2:

Offline big al

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 93
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2010, 01:03:56 pm »
Thanks mate, Is your rear badge a 2 piece one? Any ide if this one would fit ok over a 2 piece one?

Thanks for the compliments, Still got a lot that I want to do to the car.
Still need to order a front splitter like yours too, but undecided if prefer the votex one.
Need to wrap up warmer next time. I was frozen up on the stand as well.  :confused:

Offline swf7y

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2010, 01:14:39 pm »
Mine is a one piece badge but as far as I'm aware it was made for a two piece badge as it's from America and I'm pretty sure they didnt have the one piece badge like our early models.

I've still got loads I want to do to mine too  :wink:

For me, it an OSIR front lip was the only choice. I really like it, however the Votex is a good choice  :happy2:

Offline swf7y

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2010, 10:10:00 am »
Well, after finally finding a new job I continued to slide down the slippery slope of modding  :laugh:
I've had a custom downpipe fitted by Torqueflow (sorry no pics) who are local to me. They did a great job and are extremely friendly and genuine people who are perfectionists!

Next up was something I've wanted ever since buying the car - a Forge TwinTake  :party: :party:
Some eye candy:

I fitted the TwinTake myself. Much easier than I first imagined it would be. Although removing the plastic hose from the turbo inlet was a major pain in the b@llb@gs!  :grin:

I'm not sure what to do next. I've been wanting new wheels but might put it off until the Summer. SWMBO is not happy with me spending more money on the car than her!  :fighting:

I'm still at stage 1 re-map, considering going up to stage 2 or 2+. What do you guys think? It's my only car and a daily driver so not sure where to go from here  :confused:

Offline keano

• Thank You
  • -Given: 79
  • -Receive: 35
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2010, 11:13:27 am »
Looks brilliant mate  :happy2:  Are you happy with how it sounds and all that?  :love:

Offline swf7y

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2010, 11:25:57 am »
Looks brilliant mate  :happy2:  Are you happy with how it sounds and all that?  :love:

Thanks Keano  :drinking: TBH, I haven't really 'tested' it out properly due to adverse weather conditions!  :signLOL: I'll bring you an update soon  :driver:

When giving it a few revs, it sounded very similar to the BMC CDA intake I had on my LCR.

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
Re: Tornado Red Golf GTI DSG build thread
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2010, 03:32:47 pm »
The first thing I would do is stick it on the rollers and see what the power and torque are like.

Second, are you going to do anything about that headunit?  :grin:

Otherwise there's no reason why you can't leave it as it is and then save up for some more mods.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2010, 03:37:14 pm »
Torqueflow (sorry no pics) who are local to me...

Mate, just looked up where they are based. If they're local to you, you must be local to me! Where are you based in Brum? Not seen your car around here!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2010, 03:51:49 pm »
Hail Red Brother! This car is looking really good  :notworthy:. I think those wheels particularly suit it with the other body mods you have done.

Revo Stage2 will give you a difference, but I'd think hard before considering 2+.

What suspension mods do you have? Ant-roll bars?

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline matsu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 78
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2010, 05:31:32 pm »
in for more pics and details.... wanna know what you think of the twintake as thats high on my list lol!

nice looking car!!#

matsu
keep on doing what ya doing you,ll keep on getting what ya getting.

learn from the mistakes of others-"you dont live long enough to make them all yourself"

Offline big al

• Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 93
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2010, 06:06:08 pm »

Mate, just looked up where they are based. If they're local to you, you must be local to me! Where are you based in Brum? Not seen your car around here!

I remember seeing it on a convoy to Santa pod that you were a part of Stealth!   :grin:

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2010, 06:44:08 pm »
I remember seeing it on a convoy to Santa pod that you were a part of Stealth!
:stupid: 
I remember seeing it then. I was stuck behind it for most of the way.  :grin:
Not seen it since!

Offline swf7y

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2010, 11:00:41 pm »
Thanks for the comments guys. Always happy to hear comments from people who know more than me  :happy2:
The first thing I would do is stick it on the rollers and see what the power and torque are like.
where would you suggest I get it done? Is there anywhere reputable in Birmingham/Midlands?
Second, are you going to do anything about that headunit?  :grin:
Lol. I would love to upgrade to RNS510 but can't justify the cost
Otherwise there's no reason why you can't leave it as it is and then save up for some more mods.
this I will do until I figure out what's next!

I'm from around Stechford area. How about you?
Hail Red Brother! This car is looking really good  :notworthy:. I think those wheels particularly suit it with the other body mods you have done.

Revo Stage2 will give you a difference, but I'd think hard before considering 2+.

Thanks Red. I do like the wheels but they are 19s and quite heavy too which is why I'm thinking of changing them.
I have Koni coilovers, no ARBs. In fact, the coilovers are my only suspension mod come to think of it.
I wouldn't go any further than Stage 2+. Are you at stage 2? If so, how would you describe the difference from stage 1 and would you ever go to stage 2+?

Offline swf7y

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2010, 11:05:43 pm »
in for more pics and details.... wanna know what you think of the twintake as thats high on my list lol!

nice looking car!!#

matsu

Thanks Matsu.
Can't really comment on the Twintake just yet, will do once I've given it a thorough going over  :signLOL: What I will say is, the build quality is second to none  :happy2:
Not sure what pics I can put up apart from the ones already on here  :smiley:

Big Al, I've replied to your PM  :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2010, 11:59:03 pm »
Hail Red Brother! This car is looking really good  :notworthy:. I think those wheels particularly suit it with the other body mods you have done.

Thanks Red. I do like the wheels but they are 19s and quite heavy too which is why I'm thinking of changing them.
I have Koni coilovers, no ARBs. In fact, the coilovers are my only suspension mod come to think of it.

I wouldn't go any further than Stage 2+. Are you at stage 2? If so, how would you describe the difference from stage 1 and would you ever go to stage 2+?

....You'll feel a big difference if you go for lightweight wheels.

Yes I'm at Stage2 and would describe the difference as more even and stronger at the upper end - Acceleration from 85 upwards to about 120 is surprising. But it's not as dramatic as when you first experience the difference between Stage1 and standard.

Personally I'm not inclined to go to Stage2+ because I simply don't feel the need for more power and there's no doubt that more demands would be placed on the engine - It'll take it but I prefer some headroom. I'm not recommending people against Stage2+ but only saying it's not for me.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!