Make a donation

Author Topic: New Edition (30) to the Family  (Read 5321 times)

Offline steesh

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Re: New Edition (30) to the Family
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2010, 09:37:44 pm »
Thought i would up date this - not had a chance to do anything much else to the car. Did have a rolling road day yesterday with another forum.

Pretty happy with it - now has me looking at more mods to increase BHP. Had a rough idea how much it was going to put out but still pleseantly surprised, the increase with just the revo map and a vwr panel filter.

csman

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2010, 07:27:36 pm »
Hi Steve, loveley car and hope that you are enjoying it.

Have you fitted the Anti Lift Kit yet?  Really interested in what difference it makes to a mapped Ed 30 and how much it helps with getting the power down in lower gears, and general handling.

Thanks,

csman

Offline steesh

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2011, 03:40:30 pm »
Been nearly a year since i updated this so here goes

Car stayed as was for a good while as was really happy with it - then i got a hankering for something new, had a look round but nothing really took my fancy so decided to invest a little in the golf for now.

Engine wise i added a non res milltek cat back system - changed the tailpipes to the larger Ed30 ones - much better :tup:
Need to adjust the way the back box sits.

Also added a Dbilas intake - very well made and was pretty happy with it but the filter set up at the end is a bit crap and weighs a ton - kept the pipework on but put on a pipercross foam filter on the end - it got some good write ups so see how it goes. Changed to the Diverter to the Rev D piston type to be on the safe side since its at stage 1 - other than that it got the coils done on the recall and all in all it turns a fair pace  :dance:

Today was a rare sunny day so took some snaps since i fitted the 19's - wasn't sure to begin with but they are growing on me. I think they get a bit lost since they pretty much colour match the car. Make the front brakes look small now. Need to sort out the cap gor the locking wheel stud - the audi ones dont fit but the others are fine

The cars already lowered but i think it would benfit from coilovers to get it sitting right. Exterior updates include
US spec grille - wrapped in carbon by rood signs - i also colour coded the grill strip, removed the GTI badge and fitted an edition 30 badge instead. Really like this look just need the splitter repaineted as its got stonechipped. Shortened plate goes back on the usual palce - had it in the dash and down below, looked pish in both place tbh. Also debadged the rear.

My photo skills are crap, but the car is getting there - even had a guy interested in buying it while i was taking the photos!

Any comments welcome  :tup:

Offline S800BRN

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 27
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2011, 04:40:50 pm »
Love it! Some real tasteful mods. I'm a big fan of the wheels, but then I've always liked CKs.

Offline smyffalis

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2011, 05:48:54 pm »
Stunning mate!!! The 19s look fantastic. If I could upgrade my Golf to a GTI/ED30 it would look like this!!!

Offline maxload

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 29
  • Edition30 - No.1819
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2011, 06:29:29 pm »
Your car looks lovely mate. I'm in love with those wheels. Been looking around for a new set for my ed30 , I think you just made my mind up for me.  :happy2:
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 06:31:58 pm by maxload »

Offline DaveR77

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 3
    • UK-MKIVS.net
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2011, 06:40:29 pm »
Looks great, are you relocating the front number plate?

Offline steesh

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2011, 06:45:58 pm »
Looks great, are you relocating the front number plate?

Just gonna stick it back where its supposed to be - think that looks best tbh

Offline rdfcpete

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2011, 07:31:55 pm »
That's a great look you've built there Steesh  :drool:
Jealous of the Ck's - they look fantastic on the SG  :happy2:
Pete