Make a donation

Author Topic: Goodyear Eagle F1 (Asymmetric) vs Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas  (Read 30022 times)

Offline jamma

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Re: Goodyear Eagle F1 (Asymmetric) vs Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2011, 08:05:09 pm »
I have had my car one week now and noticed a screw in one today so I nipped to kwik fit for a repair. They also told me I have 5mm tread on rears and 4mm on one front and 6mm on other so once the 4mm is down to 2mm I will change both fronts.  I have hanhooks at front and BF Goodrich on rears so the previous owner was not too concerned with decent tyres.

My history on tyres is this.  My BMW had michelin pilots which were brilliant, when I changed them I went to pirellis which were terrible, wheelspun all the time in the wet, very hard.

My s2000 had bridgestones which in the dry were great, in the wet they were terrible and going backwards down M25 at 70 mph after aqua planning are testament to this, I changed to goodyear F1's which were great too.

My last car a Porsche 911 I had contis most of the time but changed last year to Pirelli P zeros . Rubbish tyres IMO.

So to sum up , Goodyear. Michellins and Contis are all good tyres, Pirellis are rubbish but this is just my opinion.

Also I always have all the same tyes in all 4 corners, I dont mix axles. So when I do change they will all be the same. Just need to wear these present ones out I have now , any advice how to do this ? :signLOL:
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 10:05:01 pm by jamma »

Offline Madlil

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2011, 08:16:52 pm »
Vreds are only £100.80 a corner at Elitedirect:

http://www.elitedirect.com/Tyres/Tyre-Details-By-Brand.php?brand=Vredestein&treadpattern=Sessanta&order=Rim

Mine came delivered next day for free - great service.
Driving a Prius whilst waiting for delivery of a new BMW F30.....

Offline am1w

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2011, 09:11:38 pm »
Another important feature to consider is the tyre's Rim Protection.

Some of the tyre companies are pretty poor with this. Continental comes to mind. We have these as summer tyres on our Mercedes. It is a good tyre which sadly happens not to protect the wheel rims suffeciently.

The Bridgestones have excellent rim protection. However, they are lousy in the wet, noisy and have a rough ride.

I have nearly decided to purchase the Goodyear Eagle Asymmetric 2 tyres for my 18" Monza Shadows. At present it is shod with Bridgestone Potenza 050A tyres which I don't like for the reasons above. I've only done 3.2k miles and want to be rid of them.

My winter tyres are the Michelin Pilot Sport PA3s which are 'W' rated and cost an arm and a leg, about £246 per corner.

I will stay clear of Pirellis as I have no intention of aquaplaning in the wet. Every car I had with these caused this to happen. It was quite unnerving at the time.

It therefore seems to me that one can't go far wrong with tyres from Michelin, Goodyear and Continental, all of which are Premium Brands.

As an aside, there are 6 Premium Brands: Bridgestone, Continental, Dunlop, Goodyear, Michelin and Pirelli (in alphabetical order).

In order of market share: Bridgestone, Michelin, Goodyear/Dunlop, Continental and Pirelli

Last bit of information: Continental are revising their entire range of summer tyres soon, so these would also be worth waiting for.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 10:26:17 pm by am1w »
Wolfgang: Tornado Red Mk6 GTI Manually Active 5 Door

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=4a4k3lr4rnfdod04papcsna09p&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2011, 11:29:54 pm »
So how much are v2 aysemetrics?? Bit more than 100 I'd imagine!

Offline Teo10

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #64 on: March 11, 2011, 09:20:05 am »
Another important feature to consider is the tyre's Rim Protection.

Some of the tyre companies are pretty poor with this. Continental comes to mind. We have these as summer tyres on our Mercedes. It is a good tyre which sadly happens not to protect the wheel rims suffeciently.

The Bridgestones have excellent rim protection. However, they are lousy in the wet, noisy and have a rough ride.

I have decided to purchase the Goodyear Eagle Asymmetric 2 tyres for my 18" Monza Shadows. At present it is shod with Bridgestone Potenza 050A tyres which I don't like for the reasons above. I've only done 3.2k miles and want to be rid of them.

My winter tyres are the Michelin Pilot Sport PA3s which are W rated and cost an arm and a leg, about £246 per corner.

I will stay clear of Pirellis as I have no intention of aquaplaning in the wet. Every car I had with these caused this to happen. It was quite unnerving at the time.

It therefore seems to me that one can't go far wrong with tyres from Michelin, Goodyear and Continental, all of which are Premium Brands.

As an aside, there are 6 Premium Brands: Bridgestone, Continental, Dunlop, Goodyear, Michelin and Pirelli (in alphabetical order).

In order of market share: Bridgestone, Michelin, Goodyear/Dunlop, Continental and Pirelli

Just had to buy two new Pilot Sport 2's (17's) for the geetai! £225 for both, that is what is currently on the car and cant really complain!