Make a donation

Author Topic: Goodyear Eagle F1 (Asymmetric) vs Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas  (Read 30024 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: Goodyear Eagle F1 (Asymmetric) vs Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2010, 04:46:12 pm »

different driving styles make it difficult to compare between peoples experience's.

....Agreed  :happy2: All we can do is gather and process various bits of information.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2010, 04:55:04 pm »

different driving styles make it difficult to compare between peoples experience's.

....Agreed  :happy2: All we can do is gather and process various bits of information.

I barely do any motorway mile so it's hardly surprising I

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2010, 04:57:01 pm »
^^ Sorry, it's impossible to post to this site on an iPhone when there are a few quotes inserted.

Offline Bogwoppit

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2010, 05:02:45 pm »
I really liked my gyf1's however in 2 years I've replaced 3 fronts all with sidewall damage....now I am nuts avoiding potholes and cannot remember ever ditching any front wheel down one since I put on my pescaras.

I am not saying that there is any manufacturing issue with the tyre, I have not enough objective evidence to prove it....I am sure all tyres are subject to "snake bite" damage....just recently though I noticed some Internet chatter about this issue with this particular tyre. Doh sorry forget where.

Fookin great tyres though, but before I had them (and when I got the car) there were tyres on there you couldn't spell and the car wass totally transformed in terms of acceleration, braking and cornering as a result of the gy's.

Our of interest were these Goodyear F1 Asymmetrics or Goodyear F1 GSD3's you had problems with?

Offline no golf clubs at all

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2010, 06:05:23 pm »
^^^^ gyf1 assymetrics....never had so many tyres go in such a short period of time .... I've been driving 28 years....Jesus !!! that long  :sad1: how'd that happen  :sick:

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2010, 06:19:36 pm »
^^^^ gyf1 assymetrics....never had so many tyres go in such a short period of time .... I've been driving 28 years....Jesus !!! that long  :sad1: how'd that happen  :sick:
#

Me and wayne have been experiencing the same problems. Used to be a die hard GY Assy fan, but that is no longer the case. We both avoid that tyre now. They are a stand out tyre in the wet and comfy, but for serious driving the sidewalls are too soft, and they give away too quickly. Also not that communicative compared to other tyres.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2010, 06:21:36 pm »
can one of you guys with eagle F1 assymetrics check your tyres to see what treadware rating is written on the side.  

that will be the easiest way to see how well the tyres wear,as its the industry standard.  if its less it should wear more than the vreds and vice versa

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2010, 06:23:57 pm »
can one of you guys with eagle F1 assymetrics check your tyres to see what treadware rating is written on the side.  

that will be the easiest way to see how well the tyres wear,as its the industry standard.  if its less it should wear more than the vreds and vice versa

240 iirc

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2010, 06:27:09 pm »

that will be the easiest way to see how well the tyres wear,as its the industry standard.  if its less it should wear more than the vreds and vice versa

240 iirc
well the vreds are 280 so it would seem they are better when it comes to the wear rate

Offline big al

• Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 93
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2010, 06:41:47 pm »
Sorry to confuse the situation, but does anyone have much dealings with Toyo T1r tyres? Seen a set of 4 on e bay for £360, cannot stand the Falkens I have on at the moment.

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2010, 07:42:55 pm »
^^^^
@ bacillus:

When you say "very cold weather" do you mean anything sub zero?

I must admit I tend to drive slower and with extra care when my dashboard display shows low temperatures, and also my TyreSure tyre temperature monitor shows low numbers.

iirc temp <6C is considered cold weather by Goodyear. The rubber doesn't flex as much/well at those temps so you get less traction.
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2010, 08:49:45 pm »
Thanks for your help guys, I think I'll go with the Vredesteins. You can't argue with the cost, and my past experience of them has been good, so it's a no brainer for me.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2010, 09:15:58 pm »
Sorry to confuse the situation, but does anyone have much dealings with Toyo T1r tyres? Seen a set of 4 on e bay for £360, cannot stand the Falkens I have on at the moment.

dont start me on T1Rs, id never buy them again.  They took nearly 400miles to scrub in.  up until that point the understeer was bad, way worse than with the standard exaltos.  so much so that i had the car  checked for problems.
they also  over heated around the nurburgring,  the only good things were they lasted well, and were good in standing water.

in comparison the vredesteins were grippier after 50 miles than the toyo's were at their best.

Offline winrya

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2010, 09:49:01 pm »
Ive run a full set of the f1's and I'm currently running a set of vreds. Seriously, I'll only buy vreds from now on because they are as good but work out cheaper so it's a no brainer.

Wet and dry grip are equal. Ride is marginally better on the f1's but this is because vreds have a stiffer side wall, upside being the steering feels slightly sharper. F1's have better sidewall protection. Vreds are quieter.  Vreds look better and are fantastic in the snow - f1's were lethal in the snow!

In my experience the vreds are lasting longer!

Hope this helps

Offline skifast

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2010, 11:17:59 pm »
after reading a tyre test done by evo magazine where the goodyear,vred and conti took the top 3 places i decided on a full set of vreds(price,quietest),

have done 4000 mls on them so far and have nothing but praise for them.tons of grip .and when you do reach the limit the breakaway is gradual and

controlable with plenty of feel.great fun! dont know how long they will last,depends how you drive.