Make a donation

Author Topic: Can I / Will this fit (this Highline dash part number?) Now fitted and working.  (Read 22563 times)

Offline mortygttdi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
SW you used to be able to do that on the mk4 mate but I think its been changed due to security reasons?????

Darren

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 88
  • -Receive: 95
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed!
Re: Highline dash - Fitted & Working!
« Reply #61 on: September 07, 2010, 09:11:34 am »
Also, not sure if im just being paranoid! But im sure my wipers were 'juddering' every so often, like as if they are about to move but the wiper motor is stopping them... They do work as I tried them manually and thats with the 'auto' setting on, I think im just being paranoid though!
Is this when you turn on/off the ignition?  If so (and the wipers just briefly 'twitch' about 5mm), then this is normal - it's called 'alternate park position' - basically it cleverly alternates the parking position of the wiper blades, to maximise blade life.  :congrats:

No fault codes (apart from the radio but thats due to me having an Alpine stereo and not a stock stereo) I did the adaptation via VCDS to clear the ABS & Steering errors thanks to Darren & Teutonic_Tamer for there help on here last night :)
You're welcome.  And thanks to you for such a detailed follow up in the thread.
Sean - Independant Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

~~ free official Golf V factory workshop manuals ~~