Make a donation

Author Topic: Motorway Cops 2100 BBC1 Tonight  (Read 7428 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: Motorway Cops 2100 BBC1 Tonight
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2010, 11:20:07 am »
Another good episode.

I was amazed how that policewoman(?) broke down in tears etc when caught on her mobile phone. Absolutely right that she got both points and fine! She actually annoyed me. I wonder what kind of job she does in the police? Secretarial? Desk job?

That kid who stole the BMW should have been dealt with much more severely - Lying scum!! :fighting:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2010, 11:31:32 am »
The police woman thought she was going to get away with it by saying she was in the police..glad the other copper didn't let her of unless that was for the benefit of the cameras been thier

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2010, 11:40:14 am »
The police woman thought she was going to get away with it by saying she was in the police..glad the other copper didn't let her of unless that was for the benefit of the cameras been thier

This is exactly what I thought. I dare say she would of walked under normal circumstances  :fighting: Good on the copper for giving her the three points, but I think he had nochoice given the circumstances.
Pathetic the state she got herself in over 3 points though.. Especially as she had a clean licence.

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2010, 11:45:39 am »
The bit i found disturbing, was the very nice copper, talking about the women who had been leaving there kids home alone, and saying " yes its very difficult to get a work/home balance in these situations.  :chicken:

Erm No! dont be so f*cking stupid, you dont leave,  5 and 6 yeear old children alone in a house all day.  :stupid:  no matter what the circumstance.   :confused:

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2010, 12:33:21 pm »
The bit i found disturbing, was the very nice copper, talking about the women who had been leaving there kids home alone, and saying " yes its very difficult to get a work/home balance in these situations.  :chicken:

Erm No! dont be so f*cking stupid, you dont leave,  5 and 6 yeear old children alone in a house all day.  :stupid:  no matter what the circumstance.   :confused:
Couldn't agree more Tom. But at the end of the day they did get a caution at least..  :confused: :stupid: They'll be sure not to do that again after that harsh penelty..  :stupid:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2010, 02:27:20 pm »

This is exactly what I thought. I dare say she would of walked under normal circumstances  :fighting: Good on the copper for giving her the three points, but I think he had nochoice given the circumstances.
Pathetic the state she got herself in over 3 points though.. Especially as she had a clean licence.

....I don't think she would have walked even if the cameras weren't there. But we don't actually know and can only speculate but just because you're 'in the job' doesn't mean you'll be let off. She should have known better and, subject to what she does in the police service, I think she shouldn't continue if she breaks down like that over such a minor matter - Silly cow!!

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Edition30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 8
  • No man was ever wise by chance.
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2010, 03:38:04 pm »
The old guy in the car when the cops got out - 'Bollocks'  :signLOL:
Afghanistan Trust - Yorkshire 3 peaks challenge.

www.justgiving.com/ptemartinbell

MyProtein - MP119633

Offline RagingKileak

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2010, 01:36:29 pm »
When I worked for the Police (in IT) I was caught speeding (93 on the MW) coming back from Scotland in a Police vehicle (unmarked) and on Police business.

I got three points....

So it does happen, camera or not.

Matt

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2010, 02:50:55 pm »

When I worked for the Police (in IT) I was caught speeding (93 on the MW) coming back from Scotland in a Police vehicle (unmarked) and on Police business.

I got three points....

So it does happen, camera or not.

Matt

....The fact that you were on Police business makes that a bit harsh imo. The woman in the TV prog wasn't on Police business at the time.

Coincidentally, the only two fines+points I've ever had in 40 years of driving have both been for 93 on dual carriageways - I now hate seeing "93" displayed on my GPS, even in Germany! I've been followed for miles and stopped by unmarked cars for high speeds on 70 limit dual carriageways several times but, so far, let off. The unmarked guys generally tend to study your driving for longer and use their common sense and discretion.

Offline JJ

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2010, 07:51:53 pm »

Just like the old bloke in the Fast Show that - made I larf!

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 63
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2010, 08:10:51 pm »
'Oh, Bugger'
Black 2008 5 door GTI. Leather, DSG, ipod prep, 18" Monzas. Retrofitted: Cruise, PDC, RNS510, 729 Skoda Bluetooth (thanks SteveP), MFSW buttons (thanks MortyGTTDi), Armrest & vents, covered cupholder, Highline (thanks Kalu), Polar FIS+ (thanks Richn), Reversing camera (thanks MortyGTTDi)

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2010, 09:51:29 pm »

Just like the old bloke in the Fast Show that - made I larf!

+ 1  :signLOL: :signLOL:

Offline Golfgirl

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 23
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2010, 11:33:22 pm »

Is it just me that thought that the women weren't even dressed like they'd just finished work and looked like they'd been out shopping for the day?!

FOR SALE!