Make a donation

Author Topic: Ipod Connection in Armrest.  (Read 1577 times)

Offline Broonie boy

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Ipod Connection in Armrest.
« on: September 02, 2010, 10:15:14 am »
Needs some technical help lads. Ive got the ipod connection in my arm rest, but when i got the car the bit that centralises the ipod doesnt fit my ipod touch. so i removed it and just plugged my ipod in.

Problem is, its moving about in the hole causing it do flicker on/off because there isnt anything holding it tight in place. Does anyone know where to buy the holders? or what there actually called so i can try google etc?

Saint Steve

Re: Ipod Connection in Armrest.
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 10:22:03 am »
Just brought an Ipod Plastic sleeve kit yesturday, as i have a nano, and needed the sleeve to stop it slopping around.

Cost me £9.00, for a range of sleeves for all ipods which i dont own :mad:

Unfortunatly, the centre armrest ipod kit wasnt designed for the iphone nor ipod touch, when you remove the sleeve, it will fit but its not really ment too.

Part number for the kit is...

1K0868003B9B9

hth :happy2:

Offline Broonie boy

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 10:29:06 am »
Ok mate thanks. So none of these plastic inserts are going to help me? It all works perfect, just annoying when you hit a bump and it cuts off.. ill maybe have to just make something up myself to secure it.

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 10:43:57 am »
I ordered my car with the ipod connection and in the bag of plastic fittings there was one that fitted my ipod touch perfectly.  :happy2:

Saint Steve

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 12:18:25 pm »
Without any sort of sleeve fitted, the iphone/touch has to be forced into the armrest??  :confused:

Must be a different set up in yours TC?

Offline Broonie boy

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 06:08:17 pm »
Mines doesnt have to be forced, it does fit in no bother. its just thats its slack! I think ill need to try the dealer.

Saint Steve

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2010, 06:21:56 pm »
Reason why they dont fit or charge up with the touch is because Vw designed this design with the early style Ipod Nano, shuffle and classic ipods.

The Apple Ipod touch was later designed and so Vw superseeded the design with the external Aux socket.

Hense why its such a bad fit in the dock.

All im saying is, there isnt a sleeve designed for the Touch.

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2010, 09:27:45 pm »

All im saying is, there isnt a sleeve designed for the Touch.

I have a sleeve that fits the touch and mine charges.  :P

When my connection broke the dealers forgot to fit my sleeve back in, and when i rang them up and asked were it was they said you cant get a sleeve that fits for these.  :grin: I told them i had one a couple of hours ago.  :rolleye:
So she said i must have been mistaken.  They found it in the bin 10 minutes later.  :grin: The best part of the phone call was when i said dont worry about misplacing it, can you explain why you told me they dont exist.  :signLOL:

Saint Steve

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2010, 10:05:08 pm »
Yours must be differnt to mine then, as my armrest wont take the Touch without physically forcing it, and it doesnt charge because Apple changed it to the Firewire charging the later Itouch/iphones.

A model year change that not alot of people know i guess..

Saint Steve

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2010, 10:13:13 pm »
Ok mate thanks. So none of these plastic inserts are going to help me? It all works perfect, just annoying when you hit a bump and it cuts off.. ill maybe have to just make something up myself to secure it.

Accoarding to The Cat their is a sleeve, best go to your dealer with your VIN number and reg details, and the Kit to fit the touch ipod will have a part number :happy2: