Make a donation

Author Topic: Livid, (Another damaged GTI thread!!!)  (Read 6258 times)

Offline big al

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 93
    • Email
Livid, (Another damaged GTI thread!!!)
« on: September 04, 2010, 09:23:06 am »
Morning all.
Well, it had to happen to me sooner or later, living in a pretty scummy area of Wolverhampton and having a fairly nice car.
Woken at 3.30 this morning to the sound of a car alarm, thought it may be a neighbour so leapt out of bed, only to look down onto my drive and see 2 chav looking lads about 18 next to my car with its headlights flashing on and off, and the alarm sounding.
IN a tired panick I just smacked the bedroom window, causing them to run off down the street.
On going outside to check the car was all right there are footprints on the bonnet and the w@nkers have put the boot into it causing it to completely smash but not shatter. So a new windscreen for me.
Phoned the station I work from, and probably less than 10 minutes later (which I was very pleased with for a Friday night/Saturday morning shift) a panda car arrived, gave the basic description, and they went and looked for them,but obviously no joy as there are a million and one places they can hide away from the roads.

So now goes the task of finding out how I am going to get this fixed, calling insurance in a bit, don't have protected no claims as never thought mine would be done like that (typical thinking, I know) Haven't got a clue what costs are involved here.

Really is gutting on so many levels. I was going to clean it this morning and take it to the Pod for the show, and more so because these kids didn't do it to get into the car, as you would not try to get in through the windscreen, I don't really know why they did it, the PC said that they may have seen me leaving the station as its only about 3 miles away, though I do doubt that is the case. I believe it is just jealousy, as they could only afford a 96 Metro, lets damage someone elses car that is their pride and joy, and that I work hard to pay for.

Sorry if this is a bit long winded, I wish that I hadn't knocked the window, and had stuck my trainers on and run out, but you always have the what ifs, I didn't realise they had damaged the car, so just wanted them away from my car!  :sad1:

Offline Gene Hunt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 61
    • Email
Re: Livid, (Another damaged GTI thread!!!)
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 09:30:11 am »
Gutted for you mate  :sad1:. I once had a car keyed in a car park & it's a horrible thing when you have you'r pride & joy damaged. I take it you have no garage ?.
ED35. Standard factory condition.

Offline big al

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 09:40:03 am »
Gutted for you mate  :sad1:. I once had a car keyed in a car park & it's a horrible thing when you have you'r pride & joy damaged. I take it you have no garage ?.

Nope, live in a small 2 bed semi, so just enough room on the drive for 2 cars.

Offline ILoveTuna

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 09:45:56 am »
Gutted for you mate they are scumballs!!

I am from wolves to, always make sure mines in the garage every night. Whereabouts you from?

What do people feel the need to do these things? Can understand them stealing for profit in a way but just smashing someone elses hard earned up for fun?

W***ers!!  :fighting: :fighting: :fighting:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 09:55:07 am »
Gutted for you, Al... And feeling extremely angry in spite of it not being my pride and joy.

It's because it's so wilful and premeditated. It brings out the worst in me - I'd really like to do such scum harsh physical harm! Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! :fighting:

Let's be having ya! You little barsturds!!

Bring back corporal punishment and parental control!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 09:56:59 am by RedRobin »

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline paulk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2010, 09:55:46 am »
gutted for you mate :sad1:

Offline divweir

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2010, 10:19:40 am »
pure scumbags  evil little bas......
Sig to big.

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2010, 10:59:24 am »
Feel gutted for you. This is why I made sure every place I lived in had a garage big enough for the GTI. You just can't trust anyone.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2010, 11:14:33 am »
Thats not good news Al and I feel gutted for you. Even more gutted you didn't manage to get out there and give them a good shoeing!!  :fighting: :fighting:

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2010, 11:50:43 am »
That's sh|t news Al, sorry to hear bud  :fighting:

Absolute scum. Although, they're not wise criminals picking on a fed! Justice & revenge might just catch up with them a little quicker, here's hoping...  :congrats:
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2010, 12:14:52 pm »
gutted for you mate

Offline big al

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2010, 01:20:00 pm »
Even more annoying, speaking to a few of the neighbours this morning. They said the 2 lads ran off down the road, and then one came back and ducked behind the fence at the end of my drive for a few seconds before running back to his mate and they walked off.

Makes me so mad that I was on the phone to the station rather than sprinting out there, but as I didn't know they had actually damaged my car at that point then I did it that way.
Phoned work and am on a half night shift tonight, lo and behold if any car crime goes on in my area!!!

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2010, 01:22:02 pm »
Sorry to hear this bud, constant worry of mine! Hope you catch the little f*ckers!  :fighting:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline Edition30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 8
  • No man was ever wise by chance.
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2010, 02:03:57 pm »
I think I would rather have it stolen than to have to look at it sat on my drive damaged. Well and truely f**ks me off hearing stuff like this. No need at all.

The things we have to do to protect our stuff these days is out of order. I guess a garage is the best bet if you own a nice car. Sometimes its better to drive a 1.1 shed as you dont give a f**k about it.
Afghanistan Trust - Yorkshire 3 peaks challenge.

www.justgiving.com/ptemartinbell

MyProtein - MP119633

Offline GOLDENBOY

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2010, 03:03:18 pm »
Hi ALI, you know im from wolves, thats sh*t mate, just because you have nice motor thay think thay can damage it  whats wrong with people dont kids have nothing else to do at night??? :stupid: no need for it, really  is sad!! thay need good kicking  themselves if ask me. :fighting: The low life dont know you work at the station wouldnt be brave enough mate.Pure jealousy mate!!!! Ive been stopped a few times by the police while driving  and even had police knocking on my door saying there has been aload of  golf gti  mk5 being stolen recently in wolverhampton be careful , i live in decent area makes you think sometimes, is it worth having nice car ??????
Candy white edition 30 / Revo stage 1 / Itg maxogen / xenons/ R32 brakes front/rear/ H&r springs / cruise/ open fogs/ Rns-510