Make a donation

Author Topic: Power from a stage 1 map? Possibly more than you would think!  (Read 25805 times)

Offline no golf clubs at all

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 10
Re: Power from a stage 1 map? Possibly more than you would think!
« Reply #90 on: September 08, 2010, 10:56:30 am »
Can PDT please state how much this would be please? I am getting a little cofussed...it was £100 for the testers, then someone stated is this your £199 map then above Scrupes said it was £300. Whats the deal?

Aplogies if I missed it in the 7 pages  :ashamed:

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #91 on: September 08, 2010, 11:32:31 am »
Can PDT please state how much this would be please? I am getting a little cofussed...it was £100 for the testers, then someone stated is this your £199 map then above Scrupes said it was £300. Whats the deal?

£ 400 to you.  500 if you wait until tomorrow.  :laugh:

Offline ScrupesGTI

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: September 08, 2010, 05:25:28 pm »

I think the £100 offer for guinea pigs was just to see if a similar output could be replicated or if it was just to do with my car having a fantastic engine :booty:  (yeah right :signLOL:) it could also mean that there has been some other changes to my car's hardware that i'm unaware of????  Cant physically see anything but then, not all parts are visible without removing things and i would'nt know what i'm looking for as this is the first non v6 engine i've owned for over 10 yrs??  The car has 40,000 on the clock, maybe that makes a difference???

The £199 remap would (as far as i can make out) be a 'generic' or stage 1 re-map with pre-determined values written in, the one i got was a 'custom' remap which Dave has tinkered with.

From speaking to Dave on the day it also seemed that the £199 map was not available for my car but it's listed on the website as such so could just be an admin error.

Like i've said before on here and on other sites, £300 for a similar (if not better) output as a leading tuning house's re-map is still £150 - £200 lighter on the pocket and just as much grin on the face.

Offline Russ_leeds

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #93 on: September 08, 2010, 05:42:41 pm »
well i have no hardware mods on mine and with this map mine made 258bhp and 312ft/lb. it keeps up with my mates 274bhp 335ft/ld megane sport no probs so i dont doubt the figures at all. as said it pulls hard all the way through the rev range in every gear
Black 2007 gti, 18' monza 2, sat-nav, highline, i-pod dock, armrest, 35mm H&R springs, WALK, BCS tbe, autotech front and rear arbs, ITG maxogen, NQSBBK... and more to come

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: September 08, 2010, 06:00:46 pm »
To clear up the pricing questions, our standard price is £399. The offer on our site doesnt cover all cars and certainly not the TFSi engine cars as these are far more complex than your average 1.9 TDi.

For forum members we charge £299 inc dyno testing. We did an offer for a few forum members as we wanted to get a couple of cars in this week to test some software versions but we cant offer this to everyone of coures, its more to satisfy our curiousity than anuthing else and a couple of you get a great deal out of it  :happy2:

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: September 08, 2010, 06:06:27 pm »
Dave (slightly off topic I know) is there any chance you can post me a rescaled version of my graph please?  :happy2:

Offline no golf clubs at all

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #96 on: September 09, 2010, 10:50:58 am »
Cool £299 then, thanks for clearing that up.

(trust this includes VAT?)

Offline PDT

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: September 09, 2010, 01:48:09 pm »
yes, including VAT  :happy2:

Ron, I will get a copy of your graph sent, I got as far as prining it off and scanning it in but not actually emailing it. Sorry :love:

Offline dajonic

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #98 on: September 09, 2010, 10:52:15 pm »
Just a little bit about my day at PDtuning today. I think my car is the third 06 gti to be tested in the last few days by Dave and going by the first two cars results was this going to be three in a row and cause even more discussion on the boards?

Unfortunately not. It started off well measuring the stock figures which came out at 199.1 on the BHP and around 220 on the torque. I thought those were quite respectable for an 06 car with 110k on the clock. It wasn't all plain sailing though as the dsg wasn't liking holding gear in 4th and this was to continue for the rest of the afternoon. But a bench figure was set, now what would the final result be?

With the maps loaded and lots more runs performed combined with trying to hold the dsg in 3rd gear a second problem reared its head. A boost problem (00066g/p0299) 'control pressure not reached' causing low boost was flagged up. As i've just recently had the DV valve replaced with the new piston type valve this was pointing towards a split pipe or loosening connection. Unfortunately as it was nearing the end of the day further investigation and the fact I had to head back to Bristol and work negated that plan of action.

We did get some figures though and as stands I'm looking at 233 BHP and 288 on the Torque. The majority of runs were in the 233-237 ball park and torque wise I even got a 303 on one run, but what with the car not holding boost I'll have to wait until it's fixed to get the proper final figures.

I'll see some of you at the JKM RR day by which time I hope its fixed. In the mean time it'll be booked in for pressure testing and hopefully just a new pipe or connectors being tightened up.

I had a great day none the less and thanks to Dave and his mate for answering my questions, and I met another forum member there too, who was very helpful on deciding what should be bought next. :happy2:

Saint Steve

« Reply #99 on: September 10, 2010, 06:53:46 am »
Interesting results :happy2:

Sounds like your missing a couple of bhp, but near 240 for your car sounds spot on :smiley:

Look foward to seeing you at JKm :smiley:

Offline john_o

• Thank You
  • -Given: 136
  • -Receive: 108
    • My Car Blog
« Reply #100 on: September 10, 2010, 08:13:05 am »
out of interest are all the cars currently tested DSG or manual?
Red ED35 5dr DSG
DEFI boost guage / RTech Stg1 Engine/DSG / PPMk7 front brakes
BLOG | BUILD

Offline dajonic

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #101 on: September 10, 2010, 08:25:42 am »
I'm pretty sure mine was the first dsg.

Apart from the figures, due to the miles I cover I was also pretty concerned on the MPG aswell as BHP and Torque. I know that's not necessarily high up on most peoples concerns here so on the way up set to cruise @76, aircon on and tunes playing I averaged 37 mpg, while on the way back I managed 35mpg. I didn't think that was too bad considering the increase in figures. The car was noticeably more eager in the midrange and overtaking was a breeze. We'll see what happens when the boost issue is sorted. If anyone knows what the boost code points to specifically that'd be great too.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 08:44:11 am by dajonic »

Offline PDT

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #102 on: September 10, 2010, 12:13:42 pm »
Hi Dajonic, thanks for calling up yesterday albeit you left with a boost leak problem which left a bit of a dampner in my mind.

However, it interets me to find out where the boost is leaking so keep us updated and I am sure it will drive a huge amount better once sorted, If you had lived a little closer we could have had the car up on the lift and inspected further but unfortunately that wasn't an option due to time.

With the DSG being load based I think that may also have been related to the boost leak issue and it wanting to downshift rather than upshift at higher RPM. I have never had a DSG try to downshift in such a way on the dyno!

Dave.

Offline dajonic

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #103 on: September 10, 2010, 12:20:33 pm »
No worries Dave. It's booked into VW next Wednesday for the pressure testing so I'll keep you up to date on that. You have a pm too.

cheers

Dave.