Make a donation

Author Topic: The F1 salary list  (Read 8481 times)

Offline vRS Carl

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
Re: The F1 salary list
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2010, 12:57:09 pm »
Kimi was/is a good driver but what an utterly crushing bore of a personality - He used to really p!ss me off.

It's a good job they don't get paid on how good their personality is then.

Alonso would be fcuked  :signLOL: :signLOL:

Offline wigit

• Thank You
  • -Given: 129
  • -Receive: 42
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2010, 01:04:56 pm »
hope vettel isn't on a bonus scheme for clean overtakes  :wink:

kimi gets a £13m pay off an to play in wrc, not bad

Offline S2 Ant

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2010, 01:27:32 pm »
Trouble with Kimi was that hes all about the money... im sure i read he said if he was paid enough he'd go back to F1, so its not about the enjoyment or the winning its about cashing in as much as he can. Plus at the end of the day its not like they're paid badly anyway, i'd gladly race an F1 car all over the world and see these wonderful places for £164k a year... must be such a hard life... dunno how those on millions cope!
Ant

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2010, 01:54:06 pm »
....You won't see Vettel leave for quite a few years. I think he'll mature - Like Lewis has. I don't know why but I prefer Vettel to Webber.

Sorry Robin but Webber, in my opinion, is a much more open, honest and down to earth personality compared to Vettel.

Lets face it any less mature and he will be driving one of these for Maclaren next year.

:wink:

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2010, 01:59:26 pm »
Lets face it any less mature and he will be driving one of these for Maclaren next year.

:signLOL:  :congrats: :congrats:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2010, 02:25:52 pm »

....You won't see Vettel leave for quite a few years. I think he'll mature - Like Lewis has. I don't know why but I prefer Vettel to Webber.

Sorry Robin but Webber, in my opinion, is a much more open, honest and down to earth personality compared to Vettel.

....You're not wrong, which is why I said I don't know why I prefer Vettel. I always favour people who have lots of personality and not just who may be exceptional at what they do. I don't like someone just because they are a 'goodie-two-shoes'. Anyway, our likes and dislikes of other people is always pretty irrational.

It's nice to see that some of the teams pay their drivers equally and I think that's how it should be. I expect Felipe Massa (a favourite of mine) would agree!

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2010, 06:28:49 pm »
That just goes to show how much an over hyped, winging cry baby and no wonder he expects everything on a plate with wages £10m more than anyone else Alonso is :confused: :stupid:

People really need to get over how much high profile sportsman are paid, its the same in every sport - football, motor racing, tennis, golf etc etc etc. If you are good enough you'd be gettng that much too FACT.

Lewis hamilton as we all no was doing it from when he was a kid and both his dad and him obviously made sacrifices and now there getting there monies from that, i say good on em.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2010, 06:44:49 pm »
That just goes to show how much an over hyped, winging cry baby and no wonder he expects everything on a plate with wages £10m more than anyone else Alonso is :confused: :stupid:

People really need to get over how much high profile sportsman are paid, its the same in every sport - football, motor racing, tennis, golf etc etc etc. If you are good enough you'd be gettng that much too FACT.

Lewis hamilton as we all no was doing it from when he was a kid and both his dad and him obviously made sacrifices and now there getting there monies from that, i say good on em.

....I say 'good on em' too - It doesn't matter what someone else gets or doesn't get - There's always someone richer or poorer however rich you are.

I am surprised by the F1 salary differences though.. Until I realise they are each individually negotiated. I still don't like Gonzo Alonso.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2010, 06:57:15 pm »
A lot of F1 drivers are a bit dull, barrichelo, button and webber all seem down to earth genuine people, Hamilton I just can't bring myself to like him as everything he says seems pre-scripted as if was some sort of mclaren powered puppet.

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2010, 07:09:43 pm »
Hamilton I just can't bring myself to like him as everything he says seems pre-scripted as if was some sort of mclaren powered puppet.

For £13m a year i'll be anyones bitch  :laugh: :laugh:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2010, 07:18:43 pm »

A lot of F1 drivers are a bit dull, barrichelo, button and webber all seem down to earth genuine people, Hamilton I just can't bring myself to like him as everything he says seems pre-scripted as if was some sort of mclaren powered puppet.

....Barrichello isn't dull - I love the way he's not afraid to show his emotions. Neither is Button dull, just a bit English and reserved. Hamilton understands his part as a team player and the value of PR and I think is genuine in his enthusiasm and appreciation of what Mclaren have done for him in their common best interests. I think that Lewis is a lot more sophisticated than some give him credit for and also he has brought out the best in Jenson.

Let's face it - They're all top drivers whatever their personalities.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2010, 07:19:36 pm »
Hamilton I just can't bring myself to like him as everything he says seems pre-scripted as if was some sort of mclaren powered puppet.

....Are you offering to be a pussycat doll?  :evilgrin:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2010, 07:24:36 pm »

....Are you offering to be a pussycat doll?  :evilgrin:

RR there isnt much i wouldnt do for £13m, and i truly mean that.  i could get over most things with a sum like that as a trade off

Offline winrya

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2010, 07:33:43 pm »

Agree on all counts!

Offline chungster

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2010, 07:35:35 pm »
it would be interesting to compare that to the MotoGP riders. They have even more risk but i bet even Rossi is no where near the wages of Schumacher etc.