Make a donation

Author Topic: extended warrenty  (Read 1022 times)

Offline divweir

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
extended warrenty
« on: September 08, 2010, 07:25:48 pm »
looking to get an extended warrenty have any you guys had good /bad experience with anyone  or should i not botter cars three years old with 14 k on clock
Sig to big.

Offline keano

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 79
  • -Receive: 35
    • Email
Re: extended warrenty
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 09:27:12 pm »
Just been told that my extended warrenty is void because i bought from a dealer other than VW.

WTF?!  :scared:

Offline dub_master77

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 08:41:35 am »
dude, with 14K on the clock, cant see there being much wrong with it.  bear in mind that you dont always have to go to the dealers to get things fixed.  There are loads of other places that can go a better job and take care of your car the way that it should be.  The only thing that I would take it back there for is to keep up with the service history.

Offline swf7y

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 09:18:31 am »
^^^^^^^
IMO dealers are overrated. Although my car has full dealership history, I always prefer to take it to a local mechanic who I trust. Dealers are quick to take your money (as much as they can) and don't offer much help when you need it. For example, after I brought my car I phoned the dealership that had serviced and looked after it since new to ask them about the car, they said they would look into it and call me back, did I recieve a call? Hell NO! So they can kiss my  :booty:

Just been told that my extended warrenty is void because i bought from a dealer other than VW.

WTF?!  :scared:

Try warranty direct. I havn't used them but heard they are good  :happy2: