Make a donation

Author Topic: New tyres needed! peoples opinions pls!  (Read 2773 times)

Offline vRS Carl

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
Re: New tyres needed! peoples opinions pls!
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2010, 10:50:39 am »
PS3 give the same (if not better) dry grip as all the others mentioned. (i've used them all except conti sport conatct 3)

However in the wet they are in a class of their own. This is coming from someone who is Stage 2+ as well.

I found them to be a lot quieter than all the others and they have a treadwear rating of 320 so "should" last longer than all the others too :happy2:

It's your choice really though as it's your money. I would just say if you can afford the PS3 then get them but if not any of

Eagle F1 Assym
Vred Ultrac Sessanta
Conti Sport Contact 3

and you won't go far wrong :happy2:

Offline Hurdy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2010, 11:52:16 am »
If your budget can stretch, then the TOYO R1R's are a phenomenal tyre.

Otherwise it is another vote for the Vredeteins.
Golf R gone.

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 63
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2010, 01:12:06 pm »
At the end of the day tyres are THE only thing that keep you on the road. It doesn't matter how good your brakes are etc. If your tyres are carp then your on to a loser straight away.

Just my opinion :drinking:

Would have thought if your tyres were carp, they would be great in the wet  :signLOL:
Black 2008 5 door GTI. Leather, DSG, ipod prep, 18" Monzas. Retrofitted: Cruise, PDC, RNS510, 729 Skoda Bluetooth (thanks SteveP), MFSW buttons (thanks MortyGTTDi), Armrest & vents, covered cupholder, Highline (thanks Kalu), Polar FIS+ (thanks Richn), Reversing camera (thanks MortyGTTDi)