Make a donation

Author Topic: ed30, same engine internals as Normal gti  (Read 30427 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 31
  • -Receive: 15
Re: ed30, same engine internals as Normal gti
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2009, 10:34:51 pm »
A quote from SEAT from the launch of there leon cupra.
"The new 240 PS 2.0-litre T FSI engine has been considerably uprated compared with the Leon FR’s 200 PS version, on which it is based. Modifications include a larger turbocharger, reinforced pistons and engine block, strengthened connecting rods, a new ultra heat-resistant alloy for the cylinder head, plus larger injectors"
Ex mk5 GTI owner, moved to a mk6 in 2010.

Offline mortygttdi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2009, 10:39:34 pm »
If you go on to that website and click on media there is a load of youtube vids which go back to 2007 with 376bhp so a good 2 years so far but I think its had quite abit done to the dsg box i.e different internals and ceramic clutch plate etc etc.

Darren

Offline ukdub

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2009, 11:01:01 am »
There golf GTI is running DSG with nearly 500bhp and over 500nm of torque :laugh: :scared: it limites boost in 1st to 0.8bar then 2nd to 1.2bar and 3rd to 1.7 4th and up to 2.0

There golf gti

Darren

Perfect choice of wheel and colour combo.
Should come like that from the factory :signLOL:

Just to add though.  When Superchips first got a S3 and a ED30 in for writing their maps, they said that the two engines where slightly different because they could run more timing advance on one of the engines.  They put it down to different compression ratio due to the cylinder head.  I think!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 11:06:33 am by ukdub »
Laser Blue with K04 power, APR hardware controlled by REVO 2+ software
Chassis by KW V3's, Whiteline and a hint of PRO race 1.2's
Brakes by Brembo 4 pots

Offline jonnyc

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 15
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2009, 12:27:57 pm »
There golf GTI is running DSG with nearly 500bhp and over 500nm of torque :laugh: :scared: it limites boost in 1st to 0.8bar then 2nd to 1.2bar and 3rd to 1.7 4th and up to 2.0

There golf gti

Darren

Perfect choice of wheel and colour combo.
Should come like that from the factory :signLOL:

Just to add though.  When Superchips first got a S3 and a ED30 in for writing their maps, they said that the two engines where slightly different because they could run more timing advance on one of the engines.  They put it down to different compression ratio due to the cylinder head.  I think!

Yeah, you can run more ignition advance because the pistons have a lower CR in the ED30/S3/Cupra engine than they do in the 200hp 2.0T FSI engine..
APR Stage III TT-RS - 11.37 1/4 mile - 2.82 0-60 MPH

Build thread http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=3128

Offline ukdub

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2009, 04:59:48 pm »

Yeah, you can run more ignition advance because the pistons have a lower CR in the ED30/S3/Cupra engine than they do in the 200hp 2.0T FSI engine..

Sorry should have my myself more clear.  Superchips claimed there was differences between the S3 and the ED30 engine because they where able to run more timing advance on one of the engines.  Can't think which one thought.   Nothing to do with the K03 2.0T FSI in the GTI.  The difference was between the K04 engines.  I think they stated it in a old copy of VW driver mag when the ED30 had just come out.
Laser Blue with K04 power, APR hardware controlled by REVO 2+ software
Chassis by KW V3's, Whiteline and a hint of PRO race 1.2's
Brakes by Brembo 4 pots