Make a donation

Author Topic: Feeler Milltek swap out  (Read 1892 times)

Offline no golf clubs at all

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 10
Feeler Milltek swap out
« on: September 06, 2010, 10:35:05 am »
Hi All, bit of a feeler here....not too sure if I would do this or not but your advice is sought please.

I currently have on my car milltek quads, with an ABT valance to accomodate the pipes. Its been no secret on here that I am not a huge fan of the look, I got them on the car 2nd hand when I bought from Mark_eire in March 2008 then the mileage was 25,000 and now I have covered 46,000 in the car.

Whilst I like the performance when pushing on, my driving style and use of the car doesnt really lend itself to me getting the best out of the unit...I dont have a remap and am seriously unlikely ever to get Revo etc.

So..my thinking is...does anyone think it would attract any interest if I put a swap ad up in the classifieds?

In return (as I am giving away about £500 of stainless steel - when new) is that I would ideally like an ed30 rear valance and an ed30 oem zorst. Failing that I would like a standard gti valance and zorst but it has to be coded TR to save on the costs to swap.

I have to also factor into the whole equation hassle of getting together with the other interested party and getting the backs and zorsts swapped over. I am in Glasgow so not exactly convienient for most members on here.

All comments, concerns and considerations happily received.

I've got underneathy pictures that I can add to my ad, when and IF I decide its a possibility.

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: Feeler Milltek swap out
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 10:46:36 am »
It sounds like a good deal for someone who wants a Milltek. They'll want to know if it's a turbo-back and if Resonated or Non-Res.

Hmm, I'm wondering if Mark in Eire got inspired by mine when I had the Abt rear with shiny quads. I moved on from them too as I sometimes felt they were just a wee bit too much in yer face (and cleaning 4 silver pipes was extra hassle). They'll be a 'marmite' thing.

Try some of the other Mk5 GTI forums too, when/if you decide.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 10:57:36 am »
Cheers RR, no..Mark only had the car a month then he sold it as he was getting married and needed the funds. He got the car from a guy in Manchester with whom I spoke to when I got the car. I didnt ask if he put them on the vehicle or not.

It is a non resonated unit...I think it is cat back...can you tell from these pics?

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 11:19:26 am »
thats looks like a non res catback to me!

Offline Gti_Mad

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 40
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 11:59:35 am »
if this was turbo bk i would have ripped your hand off  :signLOL:

as this is the route i wana take  :sad1:

Had the ED30, but not got the balls.

Mk5 silver 5door Ed30 1707- now sold
Mk6 silver 3door Golf R- current

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 12:50:22 pm »

if this was turbo bk i would have ripped your hand off  :signLOL:

as this is the route i wana take  :sad1:

....The tricky bit would be getting previously used (cheaper) quads. You can more easily get a turbo-back to replace the cat-back (I did so many moons ago).

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2010, 02:41:34 pm »
Get this then all you need is a downpipe

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 10:41:11 am »
^^^ quite surprised by the lack of interest...guess this is that Marmite effect Robin....

Basically I am giving away a Milltek non resonated cat back zorst and ABT valance, in swap for a standard ed30 zorst and valance (in any colour)...or a standard zorst and gti valance coded tornado red.

I guess I will have to have some paitence....I will post on some of the other forums too when I have time.

The reason why I am doing this may be the very reason why there's not exactly been a flood of interest.

Guess I could buy the parts myself and fill the garage but to be honest...I dont really want to spend the dosh.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 11:18:15 am »
^^^^
Selling/trading gear like that nearly always takes time and it also needs someone specifically with an Ed30 - A 'limited' edition car which many folks like to keep as oem.

It's early days and I'd suggest bumping the thread every week (rather than every day). Pity GTI_Mad missed it.

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2010, 11:43:40 am »
Yeah I guess, if I had an eddie I dont think I would mod it thusly either. Never mind perhaps someone with a GTI with a red valance) will fancy a swap sometime...I am in no hurry anyway, I am keeping the car for a couple more years yet I reckon, its the most flexible car I have ever had. Does it all very well.

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2010, 10:49:41 am »
Please hote however, that the Milltek Quad was designed for the GTI and as such it is rated up to 270 BHP. Therefore any of you ed30 BHP nuts looking to boost beyond this may not want to consider this.

This was added after a kindly member pointed out the limitations of the milltek catback for the GTI.

Giving the lack of enthusiasm for this I think I am stuck with it until I trade it in 2 years time for my 911/m3/RS3, all being well.

If any GTI'er wants a free milly quad and abt valance in return for OEM zorst and painted rear valance, gimme a shout. When I have the energy and time I will stick up an ad that covers it all.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2010, 01:06:56 pm »
the ed 30 miltek cat back is the same bore as the GTI iirc.  its just the DP that is larger.    difference will be minimal.  DanGB is running the std miltek GTI 2.75"  turbo back on his leon with big turbo and 391Hp so its still wide open for ed30 buyers IMO

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2010, 10:45:20 pm »
I phoned Milltek and they said they are designed differently in the silencer. K03 for up to 270bhp. May well take more, but You'd have to fit it and log the EGT's and before and after log comparisons. :smiley:
Golf R gone.