Make a donation

Author Topic: Help for Heroes Concert  (Read 1219 times)

Offline TonyZed

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
Help for Heroes Concert
« on: September 13, 2010, 12:59:07 am »
Any one else go? I've just got back and it was very good. :happy2:

All the acts were good, some better than others, but there were some very touching moments too when they showed interviews with some of the soldiers that had been so terribly injured in Iran and Afghanistan. They deserve every bit of help that this charity can give them.  :notworthy:

TonyZ

Offline vRStu

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
Re: Help for Heroes Concert
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 07:50:40 am »
Would have been there for sure Tony but the boss was due to drop yesterday (she didn't) so we didn't think it would be a good idea  :laugh:
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 03:48:16 pm »

Would have been there for sure Tony but the boss was due to drop yesterday (she didn't) so we didn't think it would be a good idea  :laugh:

....You might have had to be a very public hero had her waters broken midst concert!  :laugh:

However, if a baby girl you could call her "Hera".

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 03:55:20 pm »
Didn't go nor did I watch it on telly but I support it and wear the wrist band.

Personally I don't think that British soldiers should be out there at all but those in the Services have chosen to do a job and need all the support they can get, especially as government likes to proclaim so loudly that they are fighting and risking their lives on the UK's behalf.

No conflict is ever going to be won in Afghanistan.. Look at history.. The terrain is impossible for Western forces and the native peoples understandably won't give up. Plus IF 'progress' is made, the culture includes what others call corruption as a natural component. A waste of lives, a waste of money.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!