Make a donation

Author Topic: HOW MUCH BHP  (Read 8599 times)

Offline Jules86

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 46
    • Forumwars
    • Email
Re: HOW MUCH BHP
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2010, 08:12:28 pm »
Look out the window and tell me you dont wish you had quattro - i love it when it rains, i can leave nearly everything on the road behind wheel spinning  :signLOL:

Offline a16pse

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2010, 08:28:08 pm »
The only thing is though mate the 4 wheel drive flatters you into thinking your a good driver when actually its the car doing it for you, so having 4 wheel drive does not make you a good driver, all it does is cover up your mistakes, bet i would get round a track faster than you in most conditions. I speak from experience as i have an 06 impreza sti which is for sale and trust me it makes no dam difference on a dry day. on most track days the front wheel drive cars are quicker even with less power.

Offline chungster

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2010, 08:30:41 pm »
The only thing is though mate the 4 wheel drive flatters you into thinking your a good driver when actually its the car doing it for you, so having 4 wheel drive does not make you a good driver, all it does is cover up your mistakes, bet i would get round a track faster than you in most conditions. I speak from experience as i have an 06 impreza sti which is for sale and trust me it makes no dam difference on a dry day. on most track days the front wheel drive cars are quicker even with less power.

that's cos the STI is one lardy fecker and even wiv 3 diffs it WILL still understeer.

Lighter more nimble things with less power can run rings round one if they're driven well.

Offline a16pse

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2010, 08:40:12 pm »
LOL mine dont understeer, got fully adjustable WRC ohlin suspension on and all the other goodies to go with it, not short of power either, just under 400 bhp, laps the ring in 8.23, nuff said mate.

Offline chungster

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2010, 08:46:30 pm »
ha and how much did all that cost...remote reservoirs on the ohlins too i bet.

is that 400bhp on the OEM Twin Scroll turbo? Who's it mapped by?

Saint Steve

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2010, 08:51:53 pm »
Look out the window and tell me you dont wish you had quattro - i love it when it rains, i can leave nearly everything on the road behind wheel spinning  :signLOL:

Not really, i dont drive like a looney in the rain. :stupid:

The R32 S3 is the fastest car in the world  :indifferent:

Offline a16pse

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2010, 09:13:35 pm »
Ill just say cheap , right place right time mate.I think i have a buyer for it now so it should be gone in the next few days.

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2010, 10:42:23 pm »
The end of the day they are just numbers, power is nothing if you can't get it down properly.

That sounds like my sig...   :smiley:

Without quattro power is nothing is going in my sig  :signLOL:

let me correct that for you

With quattro: power is almost nothing with all my transmission loss and AWD weight

:grin:

Beat me to it..  :grin:
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 07:52:55 am by Sunglasses Ron »

Offline Jules86

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Forumwars
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2010, 11:06:01 pm »

Not really, i dont drive like a looney in the rain. :stupid:

The R32 S3 is the fastest car in the world  :indifferent:

You dont because you cant, simples.

lol what a pointless statement. The car does it for you regardless of fwd, awd or rwd. You still have to put your foot down in a way that works best with the car. A quattro car is not as easy to launch as you think!

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2010, 11:12:35 pm »
what kind of bloke comes on and bets someone he can get around a track better than someone else because he has an impreza.  :grin: :grin:

he could be a professional racin driver for all you know.  for instance we have a guy who has been a member for years wh races in the le mans, maybe your faster than him as well.

iirc the S3 doesnt have quattro.  it is a haldex AWD system that is predominantly FWD unless the car detects slip.  cars like the A4 4wd have proper torsen diff quattro permanent 4wd systems.  i could be wrong

Offline Jules86

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Forumwars
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2010, 11:56:23 pm »
what kind of bloke comes on and bets someone he can get around a track better than someone else because he has an impreza.  :grin: :grin:

he could be a professional racin driver for all you know.  for instance we have a guy who has been a member for years wh races in the le mans, maybe your faster than him as well.

iirc the S3 doesnt have quattro.  it is a haldex AWD system that is predominantly FWD unless the car detects slip.  cars like the A4 4wd have proper torsen diff quattro permanent 4wd systems.  i could be wrong

Quattro is just audi's haldex (DSG/S-tronic for example) The RS models have 'proper' awd with better splits although the facelift S3 has haldex 4 which can send 100% either front or rear.

Oh and im not a racing driver at all  :signLOL: Though i do agree with you. Imprezza's are awful noisy chav wagons!

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2010, 12:00:14 am »
LOL mine dont understeer, got fully adjustable WRC ohlin suspension on and all the other goodies to go with it, not short of power either, just under 400 bhp, laps the ring in 8.23, nuff said mate.

Must understeer to get such a slow time :P

Only kidding mate - here's one of my slower laps.  :evilgrin:

Golf R gone.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2010, 07:45:09 am »
pretty sure that iv read on a spec sheet somewhere that it cant sned no where near 100% of the power to the rear. 

Offline Jules86

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Forumwars
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2010, 10:55:18 am »
Im 100% sure it can

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2010, 11:21:34 am »
A quattro car is not as easy to launch as you think!

Yup, it's amazing how many people with 4WD/Quattro/AWD are crap off the line because they think they can just sidestep the clutch and hold on. Not realising it will just bog down. They also dont realise that unless it is persisting down or snowing then FWD/RWD is better anyway. IIRC they did a test a few years back in EVO magazine and it turned out that in anything but Rain/Snow 4WD was slowest & RWD was the best :driver:

what kind of bloke comes on and bets someone he can get around a track better than someone else because he has an impreza.  :grin: :grin:

Maybe his dad is bigger than everyone elses, he has a 2 sh!ts to your 1 and goes on holiday to Elevenarife :signLOL:
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 11:24:58 am by vRS Carl »