Make a donation

Author Topic: BAD WEEK!!!  (Read 4468 times)

Offline JPC

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
BAD WEEK!!!
« on: February 06, 2009, 12:17:41 pm »
ARGH! what a sh*te week. it started off with my slamming into a kerb this morning, and damaging my polished lip!

then i got a letter thru on wednesday, notice of intended prosecution. apparently i drove over a verge on the motorway. didnt get pulled or anything. already batted that back by asking for evidence. argh!!!

so its not going too well right now.

then this morning, i was taking my grandma to the hairdressers, shes 88 and very frail, so we all try to chip in and help her out. anyways, ive parked on her drive getting out of the car. i was pulling her out and then the car started sliding away from us on the snow!
 my gran decided to keep hold of the car. and we both went down in a heap whilst the car carried on sliding. Id be laughing about this ordinarily, but with my grans age and how frail she is, this was quite serious! shes very shook up, as i am i really, becuase of her.

Now, after that ordeal, i have a "best mate" traffic officer who love to pull me over and make my day in accrington  :angry015:
he does my for anything he can! anyways...this morning, he spotted me with my front numberplate. which id left on by accident from the Pod meet. I had a legal one on the back.

he passed me in town, sped around so that he could come behind me and follow me to work. anyways, sure as eggs are eggs, he followed me to work. pulled me over and issued me with a sumons to court! great stuff! "you do not have to say anything but anything you do say may be given in evidence" etc etc. i got the lot!

sorry to rant but ARGH!! what a bad do!

Offline prepree

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 11
Re: BAD WEEK!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 12:39:01 pm »
man, i feel for you thats gotta be one of the worst weeks ever!
I hope everything works out and your Nan is ok, i often take my nan out and im always very cautious due to her age and condition!
Might be worth a punt on the lottery, ur luck has to change soon!  :happy2:

Offline The wheel man

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 12:41:39 pm »
i feel for you mate......  things do happen in 3's so some good fortune should be due  :smiley:
APR cat back, ECS Insert

Offline VC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 12:45:07 pm »
i feel for you mate......  things do happen in 3's so some good fortune should be due  :smiley:

totally agree with that  :happy2:

hope your gran's ok, it's a lethal time of year for the elderly, my mates nan who was fit as a fiddle, slipped, did her hip, died in hospital

leave her indoors in the warm, grab the kitchen scissors and get all nikki clark on her  :laugh:

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 12:47:23 pm »
Sorry to hear that dude. Keep your chin up - it may not all end up as bad as you first thought.  :smiley:
2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 12:49:31 pm »
You need to lock yourself in the house for a few days.  :scared:

Hope your nan feels better son.  :happy2:

What is that first charge driving over a verge. do they mean crossing the chevrons or something like exiting a slip road late.  :confused:

Offline JPC

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 12:54:42 pm »
thanks for the comments guys.

regarding the verge thing TC, its a long story. i was joining a motorway and came on side with a traffic cop. literally side by side. id spotted him before so was obviously driving perfectly. he did seem very odd, he kept speeding up and slowing down, i let him go on. he caught up to an audi about half a mile in front. he sped up to at least 90 without any light on, ILLEGAL! then over the next mile he continued to intimidate this guy in the audi. me and steph said it was awful what he was doing, i really couldnt believe it.

then another mile up the road, i passed the cop after having pulled up the audi over!

i was that disgusted by the cop, i even phoned tom and told him what i saw. and told me to watch out. case closed kinda i thought. glad he didnt pull me for once etc etc.

then on wednesday, i got the NIP!! what a grade A C@CK!!!

Offline JPC

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 12:56:47 pm »
Sorry to hear that dude. Keep your chin up - it may not all end up as bad as you first thought.  :smiley:

thanks mate! the lottery will deffo be played! haha!

Offline Norbreck21a

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2009, 01:15:15 pm »
Dude, feel for you.

It's plod like this that gets all the others a bad name. I have a friend who's been a motorway cop for 20 years now. He's a really nice guy and told me that in most instances, a little talking to is normally more than enough. He said the look of dread in peoples eyes when they see the blue lights go on behind them, is worth 10 times more than a ticket for something trivial. He says it's only a last resort for him to issue a ticket or summons, except if something is viewed as seriously dangerous driving.

I've been driving for nearly 30 years and got my first points on my license last year. Got caught by a mobile van on a bridge above the M8 in Strilingshire, Scotland. The insult is, I didn't actually think I was speeding at the time. They did me for 77mph on a bloody motorway, early evening, perfect visibility and very light traffic. What's dangeous about that ? :mad:

He's probably very jealous that someone of your age has a nicer motor than him !
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 01:17:26 pm by Norbreck21a »

sciroccosig by Sootchucker, on Flickr

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2009, 01:21:21 pm »
Unlucky Jay! Glad your gran is ok as thats the most important thing  :happy2:

What did you get for your number plate? Fine? How much? Any points?

Offline JPC

• Thank You
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2009, 01:25:50 pm »
summons to court.

its up the magistrate what he wants to do about it.

booooo

eff the licepo

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2009, 01:30:12 pm »
Ooooh, sorry to hear about your plod problems and your nan.

I agree that you should have some good luck coming your way pretty soon. :happy2:
Golf R gone.

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2009, 02:17:24 pm »
mines been as crap as i slipped on ice down a hill car would not stop and a car was at the bottom of the road slipping and i bumped the wing on the polo and did no damage to mine at all not even a scratch and said to the girl there is no point messing with insurance for a simple dent in a wing that a mate of mine can pop out for next to nothing, but oh no the car has to go to vw for them to look at and i said thats fine and now she is saying it could cost up to a grand  :angry015: for a dent in the wing  :fighting:. i said i need it looking at as there was no speed at ie 1mph both cars on ice so the second we touched it just moved the car on the ice , so y do people try and take the p1ss when all u try to do is be nice  :fighting:

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline JPC

• Thank You
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2009, 03:31:48 pm »
sorry to hear that mat, seems as though this week is cursed for many of us!

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2009, 03:41:31 pm »
sorry to hear that mat, seems as though this week is cursed for many of us!

i know but i have the fact there is not even a mark on mine just a scratch on the plate so kind of proves how slow it was

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box