Make a donation

Author Topic: Finally got my new car and im smitten!  (Read 17316 times)

Offline P10YRS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Re: Finally got my new car and im smitten!
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2010, 03:15:10 pm »
Looking sweet mate bet you love it!  I had a nice look round it yday at Players but couldnt see you!

Offline liver

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2010, 04:09:36 pm »
looked nice y'day mate
had a quick look round it with ben

i was with ben when u came in and also left before coming back again lol

Offline Poverty

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2010, 06:08:24 pm »
Oh does he still live at home with mummy and daddy then  :signLOL:

Seriously??..  :indifferent:

Why do you? sorry jonny but as a father myself if i see my son in a 50k car and he is at home then he will be told to get himself a house and stop taking the p1ss  :popcornsoda: easy life living at home with mummy and daddy  :rolleye:

I really dont think your sons wage/value of vehicle should be a determining point on when he should be leaving the family nest. Although it is non of your business but my old man has prostate cancer, so me living at home ensures the mortgage along with any other bills will always be paid on time and he along with my mum wont have extra worries on their mind.

Like jonny im sick and tired of people assuming that either my parents bought me the car, im a drug dealer, or can only afford the car because I live at home.

I have the car I have due to the blood sweat and tears ive put into working. The early morning starts, the late nights, the skipped lunches, the weekends and the bank holidays. Nothing more nothing less, ive worked hard for everything ive got, and have never had a hand out for anything, and whether I was living at home or not, I would still have RS.

Pov, get that downpipe on and make the 500 club.  If only to see Wayne's face  :P  Nice car mate.  Enjoy it.

Haha hat one wont fit, will probably get the milltek downpipe and maybe do the rest custom, I want to hear her sing!!

Nice one Jas  :happy2:

Look forward to the review once mapped.

Guess your still the fastest Gas Engineer.  :driver:

Yeah I cant wait to map her. Still need to do a write up about how she is compared to the stage 2 plus k1. Will get round to it at some point!

Im actually now the 4th guy in my patch with a mk2 TT, they dont live at home though  :rolleye:

Looking sweet mate bet you love it!  I had a nice look round it yday at Players but couldnt see you!

I had a look around yours, which I had your seats and love the rotiforms along with the suzuka!

looked nice y'day mate
had a quick look round it with ben

i was with ben when u came in and also left before coming back again lol

LOL ye me and wayne tried to sneak onto the time trial event with the TT lol

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2010, 06:30:59 pm »
Like I said if my son can afford a 50k car he will be looking for his own house as it looks like the easy option living at home and To be honest I am very very sad for your father but it's got nothing to do with what I said as I said above  :smiley: that money should be saved for a nice house for himself ie my son and I don't mind him in a 20k ish car but 50k is taking the p1ss  :drinking: if you don't like my opinions then please come see me  :happy2:

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2010, 06:44:41 pm »
Like I said if my son can afford a 50k car he will be looking for his own house as it looks like the easy option living at home and To be honest I am very very sad for your father but it's got nothing to do with what I said as I said above  :smiley: that money should be saved for a nice house for himself ie my son and I don't mind him in a 20k ish car but 50k is taking the p1ss  :drinking: if you don't like my opinions then please come see me  :happy2:

Everyones entitled to their own opinions and I suppose I can in a way see where your coming from, but on the other hand cant help put think how flawed that thought process is. Plus who is to say your wife will want your son out at 18/19/20 just because he has a 30/40/50k car? Kick him out because hes made a success of himself, but let his sibling stay at home because hes on 20k and spends half of that in the bars/clubs?

Like I said, it is your opinion, however you did use me as an example without actually knowing my circumstances, and just assumed like 97% of the rest of the population most likely will.

But lets get back to the car please.

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2010, 06:59:16 pm »
TBH I can see both views and appreciate both angles. I think it depends on the situation. Personally, since I've moved back to Brum and rather than rent a property, pay bills, commute and pay petrol etc, I stay at home with the 'rents and walk to work. Saving up for that house means saving (almost) every penny.

Anyway, mate, awesome car. Looks fantastically gorgeous, especially in white.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2010, 07:02:18 pm »
 :happy2:

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2010, 07:59:40 pm »
TBH its nobodys business but the sons and the families  :happy2:

Like I said if my son can afford a 50k car he will be looking for his own house as it looks like the easy option living at home and To be honest I am very very sad for your father but it's got nothing to do with what I said as I said above  :smiley: that money should be saved for a nice house for himself ie my son and I don't mind him in a 20k ish car but 50k is taking the p1ss  :drinking: if you don't like my opinions then please come see me  :happy2:

Everyones entitled to their own opinions and I suppose I can in a way see where your coming from, but on the other hand cant help put think how flawed that thought process is. Plus who is to say your wife will want your son out at 18/19/20 just because he has a 30/40/50k car? Kick him out because hes made a success of himself, but let his sibling stay at home because hes on 20k and spends half of that in the bars/clubs?

Like I said, it is your opinion, however you did use me as an example without actually knowing my circumstances, and just assumed like 97% of the rest of the population most likely will.

But lets get back to the car please.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 08:03:54 pm by 182_blue »

Offline cupra_k1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 8
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2010, 08:02:25 pm »

:P

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 5
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2010, 08:05:18 pm »
looks good with the green eyes you should do it mat :signLOL:
BMW 335d msport touring lci. Auto, estate and diesel! Oh no

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2010, 08:15:58 pm »
 :notworthy:
no green eyes for me mate got 7 cars   :P

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2010, 08:19:40 pm »
:notworthy:
no green eyes for me mate got 7 cars   :P
Did you ever post some pics of your full garage? Would love to see it.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2010, 08:20:49 pm »
and if you look at my first post it was a joke but jonny came on giving it the big baby thing  :stupid: so i am going to give my thoughts on it if jonny is upset by the joke then he has problems  :popcornsoda:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2010, 09:44:03 pm »
^^^^
Hey guys, why get worked up about anybody else's circumstances and what their family decides they'd all like best?

It's up to them and no-one else.

I appreciate that Mat is preaching against 'spoiling' your children and I agree with him on that but it's anyway clearly not the case with Poverty.

And what if your family home is big enough for the 'children' to have their own independent accommodation on the property? A detached mews house for example. Apartment above the garages another example. Nowt wrong with that. In fact, close family is a good thing.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Jules86

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 46
    • Forumwars
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2010, 09:51:19 am »
Don't worry about it poverty, my mum and her boyfriend have a fair bit of money and people always presume I get everything from them, I actually work hard for it though (yesterday was my second day off in 16 days)

Don't worry about it :happy2: