Make a donation

Author Topic: Just for Hedge  (Read 3846 times)

Offline Hedge

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
Re: Just for Hedge
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2010, 10:49:34 am »
I've always had a fascination with them since I was a young 'un living in Lincolnshire. :ashamed:

Did you see my PM Gaz?

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2010, 10:54:12 am »
I've always had a fascination with them since I was a young 'un living in Lincolnshire. :ashamed:

Did you see my PM Gaz?

no PM mate?????

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2010, 11:01:59 am »
I have resent.  :smiley:

Offline DaveB@Vagbremtechnic

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 130
    • Vagbremtechnic.com
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2010, 12:49:28 pm »
Some good pics of the Gloster Javelin on that first Vid, theres a cracking story in the biography of the Gloster Official Photographer who used to back seat in all the test aircraft, he tells the story about the senior test piot at Gloster at the time who had a bit of a ravaging at the hands of the press in London.....anyway the media feud continues until somebody at the daily express doubts the Javelins ability to go supersonic.....said test pilot straps the jet on and goes and "dumps" a rather savage double sonic boom on fleet street in the middle of a busy thursday and legend has it the only window that broke was the one whos office it was that had been giving the Javelin a hard time!

Priceless!

heard a couple of stories of Vulcans doing very low "passes" over russian "trawlers" that had a few too many antennas and never seemed to have the nets out - apparently there were a few windows shattered on board......RAF never received any complaints......wonder why...

Ahhhhhh Aviation in the 50's,  ATC can literally know which buttons I have pressed from radar downlinks nowadays - very depressing

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2010, 01:52:39 pm »
My understanding of the Vulcan roll in the 2nd one was that the plane had only been finished days before.

Unfortunately they don't do it nowadays, but maybe it could be a final swansong when they retire XH558.  :evilgrin: