Make a donation

Author Topic: Styling options - opinions!  (Read 2623 times)

Offline NORTHERNER76

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Styling options - opinions!
« on: February 06, 2009, 05:25:39 pm »
Hello all,

have a reflex silver GTi = at the moment 100% standard.  Nice car with good spec (18 inch Monza's, xenons, MFD2 dvd sat nav, leather, winter pack and a Parrot MKi9200 which is a GREAT addon) - anyway, went with silver as it is a nice discreet colour and pretty easy to keep tidy - however would now like to perform a few cosmetic customisations - here is the list:

• Fit Edition 30 Front Spolier and get colour coded
  • Colour code the side skirts
  • Colour code the rear (and at some point replace with an R32 rear and a milltek conversion for R32 exhausts)
  • Fit a black front VW badge
  • Fit a black rear VW badge - not sure how easy this will be as I have the smooth version

These changes are pretty much "par for the course" and I am not being terribly original BUT I like the look having seen other people's mods and am confident it will improve the car aesthetically! 

Am also considering the following:

Spray wing mirrors black or anthracite colour (one is scuffed anyway)
Refurb alloys black or anthracite

Just wondering if anyone has good photoshop skills and can help me visualise what it might look like with the wing mirrors and wheels changed...

Really want to keep the car as close to OEM as possible but make it subtly more unique...

Any thoughts/tips?

After the cosmetic - will then look to improve the cars breathing and exhaust profile... but that is all - no remaps for me and suspension will only be modified the existing ones give up the ghost...
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 06:06:54 pm by NORTHERNER76 »

Offline stealthwolf

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
Re: Styling options - opinions!
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 06:54:26 pm »
Post a pic of your car up and let's see if someone can do some photoshop magic.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 05:42:53 pm »

Offline NORTHERNER76

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 07:03:37 pm »
Hi - thanks for that - had spotted it, but I am trying to resist it - if I get that then I will have no choice but to go down the Milltek R32 exhaust route  :wink: which will make my bank manager most unhappy  8) :sad:

Now... if it was £75 delivered AND it had the bottom trim aswell then I would snap it up :o) but then I do like to live in a dream world  :laugh:

Thanks again.

Offline NORTHERNER76

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2009, 05:41:30 pm »
just had a thought... the R32 rear spoiler has cut outs for different exhaust configurations - wondering if it would be worth getting the bumper and finding a bottom trim that would leave the cut out for the existing normal GTI pipes - then in 6-12 months I can replace the normal exhaust with a full turbo back Milltek with R32 pipes and just change the bottom trim.... hmmm, now... anyone know of a place that sells a trim for the R32 rear for normal GTi pipes... OSIR maybe?  I am off for a look!

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2009, 08:15:09 pm »
Someone mention OSIR on a silver car? :jumping:

Golf R gone.

Offline NORTHERNER76

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 12:35:44 pm »
I did  :smiley: Although it looks like they don't have anything, plus I think it would be a waste of decent cash if I am planning to go with a Milltek R32 exhaust in the next 12 months or so.... reckon I might just have to colour code the exsiting rear end and then wait to replace it and the exhaust in one go... was just trying to save hassle and cash by fitting an R32 rear and then fitting a cheap trim to leave the cut out for the normal GTi exhausts.... prior to the more extensive rework.

Midn you, when I was on teh OSIR Design website I feel in love with some of the Carbon trim for the interior!!  Proper bling - especially in silver  :evilgrin: